ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the schedule this fall. Our Bye weeks are missing.

huskerick

Oct 24, 2001
What happened? We play every week until the week before the Iowa game. As we all know, the bye weeks sure give bumps & bruises a chance to heal.
GBR

We don't always get two bye weeks, some years we only get one. It usually has to do with when the season starts-the last two years it started in August, but this year it doesn't start until September 5. From 2009-2012 we only had one bye week too, although it was earlier in the season. But in 2006 and 2007 the schedule was exactly like it is this year-one bye week before the last game.

What happened? We play every week until the week before the Iowa game. As we all know, the bye weeks sure give bumps & bruises a chance to heal.
GBR
They also have been known to derail momentum. Depth and training will negate the need for multiple byes.

I noticed this too. I like bye weeks for a number of reasons, several personal for me. But I was surprised there were none til after the end of the season. I think bye weeks are good for a team to allow some needed rest. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT