ADVERTISEMENT

look forward to 10/24,

Sure would have made more sense if they started 0ct 10th to at least allow for some cancellations like the other conference allowed..

Again the Wisconsin football team is one of the other reasons why the season being delayed longer..

With daily testing, the plan is Oct 24th.

The early starts in ACC and Big 12 were problems.

We shall see how it goes for SEC and now, Big Ten.

With daily testing, the plan is Oct 24th.

The early starts in ACC and Big 12 were problems.

We shall see how it goes for SEC and now, Big Ten.

SEC started last week.. That was the smartest thing to do now it gives them so time with bye weeks I case they have positive cases..

Seriously? I honestly thought that if Lincoln was at 19% then we couldn't play. It's just the team not community?

but it was hard to see another weekend pass us by with no b1g football.
its really frustrating to see the other conferences (and all the other major sports, ftm) man up.
smh...
SEC is more fun to watch than BIg 10. Hate to say it but true. Better football and more exciting

SEC is more fun to watch than BIg 10. Hate to say it but true. Better football and more exciting
if you're talking in general, then yes I agree.. but to most people, it's more fun watching their own team, than some other teams that they don't know.. but yes, SEC and Big 12 are more fun to watch than the standard old school big ten game.

it's also true that the conference is changing too.. there are more teams using uptempo style offenses and having at least some limited success. If the conference continues to change like this, then it's for the better and more exciting.

The Big Ten Conference will use data provided by each Chief Infection Officer (CInO) to make decisions about the continuation of practice and competition, as determined by team positivity rate and population positivity rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:
  • Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
    • Green 0-2%
    • Orange 2-5%
    • Red >5%
  • Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
    • Green 0-3.5%
    • Orange 3.5-7.5%
    • Red >7.5%
Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:
  • Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
  • Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
  • Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved

Last edited:
Seriously? I honestly thought that if Lincoln was at 19% then we couldn't play. It's just the team not community?
yes, seriously. and quite obviously. everyone disregard the above post. it's littered with misinformation.

community positivity rate in absolutely no way will impact games. team population only. please try and stick to the truth, @mwulf. you're confusing people while being quite confused yourself.

if you're talking in general, then yes I agree.. but to most people, it's more fun watching their own team, than some other teams that they don't know.. but yes, SEC and Big 12 are more fun to watch than the standard old school big ten game.

it's also true that the conference is changing too.. there are more teams using uptempo style offenses and having at least some limited success. If the conference continues to change like this, then it's for the better and more exciting.
Yes Nebraska isn't going to matter nationally this year or maybe the next 10 but the ritual of getting ready for a game is what I look forward to. Getting up making a big breakfast, raefing about the local high schools, listening to some pregame and then getting together with friends. That's what's being missed right now

yes, seriously. and quite obviously. everyone disregard the above post. it's littered with misinformation.

community positivity rate in absolutely no way will impact games. team population only. please try and stick to the truth, @mwulf. you're confusing people while being quite confused yourself.

I posted the exact same thing you did... Before you did aren't we both sticking to the truth

I posted the exact same thing you did... Before you did aren't we both sticking to the truth
your post contained the words "OK so community (not team) does matter", which is just plain incorrect.

it's okay to be wrong. it's not okay to spread incorrect information to others. please remove it, as it's your incorrect interpretation of the policy instead of what the B1G have actually said they meant by it: TEAM ONLY.

community spread does not matter one iota in the context of playing B1G football games this season.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
your post contained the words "OK so community (not team) does matter", which is just plain incorrect.

it's okay to be wrong. it's not okay to spread incorrect information to others. please remove it, as it's your incorrect interpretation of the policy instead of what the B1G have actually said they meant by it: TEAM ONLY.

community spread does not matter one iota in the context of playing B1G football games this season.
What does population positivity rate mean? I am seriously asking because how does that not mean the population of the community where the school is located

What does population positivity rate mean? I am seriously asking because how does that not mean the population of the community where the school is located
READ THE TWEET:

Got some clarity about this. "Population" in population positivity rate is referring to a team's rostered players plus the group of coaches, staff, etc. subject to the daily antigen testing.

Reactions: WHCSC
Nah Big 10 is good too. Both conferences actually play defense which is more exciting to me than the no defense Big 12.

Reactions: bshirt73
SEC started last week.. That was the smartest thing to do now it gives them so time with bye weeks I case they have positive cases..

Agree, the SEC, who postponed their games until last Saturday and went to a 10 game SEC only schedule has been the leader, compared to Big 12 and ACC, who have had plenty of games postponed, like the three G5 leagues playing.

The Big Ten rolled out a Big Ten game schedule, then days later folded. They may come out well with new 8 game +1, but we shall see.

SEC hasn't postponed any games yet, have they?

SEC playing a 10 game conference schedule? What’s next? No Rivalry vs directional state school of the blind in November?

This weekend was the realization that 10/24 was still 4 weeks away.... and my patience was wearing thin like those used condoms (sold as new) referenced in another thread.

Reactions: leodisflowers
They could've started the season on October 3rd. But bureaucracies are slow. I don't buy that the athletes got fat or forgot the playbook between August and September. Besides, we all know they weren't exactly ignoring their health or their game during the 30 days the season was cancelled.

• Wow
Reactions: cidsports
ADVERTISEMENT