ADVERTISEMENT

Lollipop upgrade with Droids

I haven't noticed anything great. I get a random error message about contacts closing since I downloaded it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The Lollipop upgrade was a fairly major update, but depending on what phone you have, you may not have a ton of noticeable or "user facing" changes.

There were a lot of changes "under the hood" so to speak to improve battery life and general OS speed, as well as make things more secure and such, as well as various other improvements that you might not see. There was also a fairly major change in the look and feel of the interface, from the "Holo" design language of 4.0-4.4 versions of Android to the new "Material" design language. Again, depending on your phone, you may not see this as much because every manufacturer has their own skin on Android that puts some of their own spin on the look and feel.

If you want to know the exact changes made, a Google search with your device name and "Lollipop upgrade" will probably find you a few articles that discuss what was changed and updated on your specific device.

HTC One (7?) is my phone, I believe you were one of the people that referenced it a year ago when I was looking. Great phone, love it and will get the new one (8?) when it comes out. I searched earlier and the info was too wordy with technology for me to understand it.

Interesting that you mentioned battery life, I've noticed my battery draining at a crazy pace all day. Already had to charge it around 4:30 which isn't common for me on a weekend at home. As I type this response, I've already lost 3%. I might take it in to Verizon tomorrow and have them check it out.

Originally posted by kerpal_68:
I haven't noticed anything great. I get a random error message about contacts closing since I downloaded it.
I get that all of the time also... even after I did a factory reset on my phone. I don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT