ADVERTISEMENT

LOL. Ohio State beat Iowa by 20.....

Fortunately the posters on the Husker board aren't the ones doing the hiring for NU.
Oh I'm not suggesting Hurley can't coach. He got the Buffalo program off the ground and has had some success at ASU. But the guy is completely unhinged.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I highly doubt Hurley would get on a plane to Nebraska in the first place. So not too concerned about that. Maybe if the $$$'s were insane. Brad, we know Fran is a better coach than Miles, so thanks for the breaking news. Just like Pelini was a better coach than KF, but the psychotic behavior got old.

Fran is a players coach, they would run through a brick wall for him. He has their backs which is all you could ask for. I repeat he is a firery coach he doesn’t do anything different than dozens of other NCAA or Pro coaches do on the sidelines night after night. The officiating was terrible not 20 pts terrible but terrible, these student athletes break their butt between classroom and practice and deserve a better product from the men in stripes.

Reactions: sltldowney
Fran is a players coach, they would run through a brick wall for him. He has their backs which is all you could ask for. I repeat he is a firery coach he doesn’t do anything different than dozens of other NCAA or Pro coaches do on the sidelines night after night. The officiating was terrible not 20 pts terrible but terrible, these student athletes break their butt between classroom and practice and deserve a better product from the men in stripes.
"Fiery" You could replace Fran with Bo in your paragraph and it would be identical to what we heard here. Only a matter of time before he meets a fan in a hotel basement.

"Fiery" You could replace Fran with Bo in your paragraph and it would be identical to what we heard here. Only a matter of time before he meets a fan in a hotel basement.
I doubt it as he doesn’t have a brother Carl to keep sticking up for or defending.

I think its hilarious..... At least ol' Frannie got some ESPN publicity for an Iowa team that is pretty good but no one outside the B1G even knows about. Now the publicity they got was about his son getting a T and him getting a T and OSU students screaming "Daddys Boy" right in the ear of Franny JR. on the bench. They were super close to him also. Then they reported Franny's hallway tirade. Good look Iowa... I guess that is one way to get noticed. He is the best thing that has come along since Bo Bo!

I think its hilarious..... At least ol' Frannie got some ESPN publicity for an Iowa team that is pretty good but no one outside the B1G even knows about. Now the publicity they got was about his son getting a T and him getting a T and OSU students screaming "Daddys Boy" right in the ear of Franny JR. on the bench. They were super close to him also. Then they reported Franny's hallway tirade. Good look Iowa... I guess that is one way to get noticed. He is the best thing that has come along since Bo Bo!
Good point, but triplicate post good? Reading it a third time hasn’t revealed anything new for me...

21-7, Nationally rated, no need to make any excuses, he stood up for his student athletes.
:rolleyes: chasing officials down a hallway calling them mother$$$$$$s is sticking up for his "student athletes"? Yeah he's a real father figure every school should have leading their athletic program. I'm surprised they haven't erected a statue for him in Iowa City yet.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: chasing officials down a hallway calling him a mother$$$$$$s is sticking up for his "student athletes"? Yeah he's a real father figure every school should have leading their athletic program. I'm surprised they haven't erected a statue for him in Iowa City yet.
Don't say erected to loud, Carl might listening Winking

Reactions: Brad Tucker
Always was, I expect big things in the future with the current load of talent and those commitments already on board.

Always was, I expect big things in the future with the current load of talent and those commitments already on board.
Just like the football team... i mean everyone i know when they think of iowa football and basketball..heck throw in the baseball program next couple months they think......LOADED... lmao

Reactions: Brad Tucker
Fran at times is seriously mentally unhinged. I saw it firsthand a couple years ago at the Iowa/Nebraska game. This was the game that both Peter Jok and Glynn Watson went off for over 30 points and ended up going to overtime. We sat right behind the Iowa bench and towards the end of either regulation or OT(can't remember for sure), a foul was called on Iowa and the official scorer wrote the wrong player number down and held up 5 fingers saying that the player had fouled out and Fran came unglued. I've never seen anything like it before. Not even with Bo. His face was red, he was screaming at the scorers table and had to be held back from literally killing the dude. If those guys hadn't held him back, I honestly think he would have assaulted the guy. I am not even exaggerating here. I was speechless. The lead ref finally came over and said something in his ear and patted him on the butt and he then turned and walked away. No clue what was said to him. How he didn't get a technical, I will never know. Hell, the only one who got a technical that night was Molinari. He was a little unhinged that night too.

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
No problem with some fire. To compare, Bo's hat whip in Iowa game was uncalled for, as was Fran's tirade last night. Other times I have no problem with a good a** chewing of a ref on an ego trip.

Bo couldn't win a nationally televised primetime game - ever, so letting him go was fine. Conversely, if Fran doesn't get a sweet 16 berth in the next two seasons, I wouldn't mind him being shown the door. Remains to be seen.

No problem with some fire. To compare, Bo's hat whip in Iowa game was uncalled for, as was Fran's tirade last night. Other times I have no problem with a good a** chewing of a ref on an ego trip.

Bo couldn't win a nationally televised primetime game - ever, so letting him go was fine. Conversely, if Fran doesn't get a sweet 16 berth in the next two seasons, I wouldn't mind him being shown the door. Remains to be seen.
Fran recruits at a high level.

Fran recruits at a high level.
Kwicasso’s point had nothing to do with how he recruits. It’s what he does with the recruits that matter. If he gets high level recruits then sweet 16 appearances should be within reach. If he doesn’t hit that, you have a high paid coach who recruits well but doesn’t get the team over the hump.

Are you ok with Fran recruiting at a high level but not doing anything with it at the big dance?

Fran is fiery, that’s what you want to see on the court, some passion.

Fran's actions the other night weren't about being fiery - they were about being asssholie.

The game was over. We got curb stomped. Go back to the locker room and take care of your team.

What makes it even worse is that, if you watched the presser announcing his suspension, he really showed little to no real remorse about the incident. I mean, he's trailing an official to his locker room shouting expletives and accusing him of being a cheater - and thinks he's having a private conversation while he pats himself on the back for not saying those things on national television and in front of the crowd during the game?!

Yes, he has a good team. Yes, he's a good coach. But damn it man, that was really bad behavior in a really bad PR week for Iowa basketball with the Dolph suspension story lingering out there.

The optics are the optics, and this story will blow over - but geesh!

Iowa fan here:

Fran was a giant breath of fresh air after the Licklitter debacle- lowest of the low for Iowa BB, no emotion, teams played slow. He came in and was fiery and turned things around to respectability pretty quickly. What he hasnt done is take us up to the next level; mainly imo because of two things. 1) His lack of recruiting a top PG that can play both ends 2) His manic temper - his teams play with a lack of control and have a tendacy to be mentally weak- teams take on their traits of their coach usually.

A lot of Iowa fans are ready to move on from Fran. We respect what he has done but dont believe he has what it takes to get us into a perennial tourney team. On top of that, he has had 8-9 years and in the BB world, that is an eternity.

Reactions: Drinkin Buddy
Have to agree with Brad here. In basketball if you don’t have a coach that is fiery than chances are your team is going to lose games to officiating that other wise they would win. Officials are terrified of certain coaches. Tom Izzo is way worse than Fran on a game to game basis and Bobby Knight didn’t win all those games at Indiana because he was a great recruiter. Would you have wanted your son playing for him? Haven’t heard of any current or former players complain about being mistreated and his support from past players is overwhelmingly supportive. That being said he should have left his anger on the court.

Reactions: kwicasso
Iowa fan here:

Fran was a giant breath of fresh air after the Licklitter debacle- lowest of the low for Iowa BB, no emotion, teams played slow. He came in and was fiery and turned things around to respectability pretty quickly. What he hasnt done is take us up to the next level; mainly imo because of two things. 1) His lack of recruiting a top PG that can play both ends 2) His manic temper - his teams play with a lack of control and have a tendacy to be mentally weak- teams take on their traits of their coach usually.

A lot of Iowa fans are ready to move on from Fran. We respect what he has done but dont believe he has what it takes to get us into a perennial tourney team. On top of that, he has had 8-9 years and in the BB world, that is an eternity.
A huge amount of BB programs have been under investigation by the NCAA for all sorts of violations, Fran gets the job done without that kind of baggage. Most Iowa fans aren’t ready to dump him.

ADVERTISEMENT