ADVERTISEMENT

LOL. Ohio State beat Iowa by 20.....

That defeat is going to hurt their NCAA tourney seed. What a bunch of losers

Reactions: 3pointdog
If that is true... it makes me like him less... and I didn’t think it was possible

Late season swoon, maybe they needed wake up call. 6-7 seed as is. Lots of tournament teams are ready to get this thing going & end the conference season, while others will be ready to flush '18-'19 completely.

Reactions: sltldowney
soreglossybighornedsheep
Bo Pelini, approves of this message.

wmurVd

Psycho Fran at it again. May cost him his job this time. Definitely a suspension.

If Iowa was not going to make the dance this year Fran would be gone. But this team and next years team (which will be good again) will keep him around.

If Iowa was not going to make the dance this year Fran would be gone. But this team and next years team (which will be good again) will keep him around.

Agree, Having five 20+ winning seasons you just don’t kick him to curb...

His kid wouldn’t be playing for anyone else either..

Yeah...even though he is annoying and most people don't like him...it really isn't reason enough to can him. Next year, if they all come back, they could be a top 4 Big Ten team.

After graduation they'll probably hire frans kid to be co-offensive coordinator with jr Farentz with the football team

His kid got T'd up during the game for a gesture and bark at a ref then Papa Mac got T'd up a little while later. Priceless. I don't understand why schools continue to employ ass hats like him. He's a mediocre coach at a school with decent basketball history. Iowa can win without him.

Yeah...even though he is annoying and most people don't like him...it really isn't reason enough to can him. Next year, if they all come back, they could be a top 4 Big Ten team.
They would still be a top 4 B1G team without him. One could argue that now is the perfect time to cut bait with him. IMO, a guy like him is a black eye for their school. JMHO.

They would still be a top 4 B1G team without him. One could argue that now is the perfect time to cut bait with him. IMO, a guy like him is a black eye for their school. JMHO.
Yeah...but they won't get his son who I think is a 5 star recruit.

Dude is a bitch, no doubt about it. I don't care if they keep him or fire him. Shoot he could get hit by a falling meteor and it would not put a damper on my day.

Reactions: dinglefritz
His kid got T'd up during the game for a gesture and bark at a ref then Papa Mac got T'd up a little while later. Priceless. I don't understand why schools continue to employ ass hats like him. He's a mediocre coach at a school with decent basketball history. Iowa can win without him.

He might be a ass hat but mediocre Head Coach is far fetched..Won 20+ games 4 out of 5 years at Siena, 2 of those teams won opening round games and has taken 4 teams to the NCAA tournament..

He might be a ass hat but mediocre Head Coach is far fetched..Won 20+ games 4 out of 5 years at Siena, 2 of those teams won opening round games and has taken 4 teams to the NCAA tournament..
64 teams make the NCAA. He's a mediocre coach until he shows more than he's shown. Your perception is skewed by how bad Nebraska's basketball has been for so long. For me, behavior is part of the evaluation of a coach, and he's not a good person.

64 teams make the NCAA. He's a mediocre coach until he shows more than he's shown. Your perception is skewed by how bad Nebraska's basketball has been for so long. For me, behavior is part of the evaluation of a coach, and he's not a good person.

Go argue with my Iowa buddies about then..:rolleyes:

I think Nebraska would hire someone that took 3 other schools to the dance in a minute...I’m not praising his behavior one iota...

Go argue with my Iowa buddies about then..:rolleyes:

I think Nebraska would hire someone that took 3 other schools to the dance in a minute...I’m not praising his bahavior one iota...
No doubt Nebraska fans would be okay with hiring a guy who has taken 3 schools dancing. That said, just making the tourney doesn't necessarily mean you're anything more than a mediocre coach. Right now, I think most NU fans would be happy with a "mediocre" coach. The HOPE would be that we could hire a young guy and hit the lottery by getting a great coach who could do more than just win a game in the NCAA.

Iowa still sucks. Kid who had only scored 38 ALL season goes for 29 against Io_a. He's averaged 2 PPG before tonight.

We got our butts handed to us last night, no doubt, and poor officiating doesn't lead to a 20 point blowout (and, said poor officiating was on both ends).

You can't expect a good whistle on the road in the B1G, but I didn't see anything egregious or out of the norm.

This is classic Iowa under Fran - solid on offense, leaky on defense.

And to the OPs point, Iowa let a 2 pt avg kid have a career night. Kudos to that kid.

Fran needs to learn not to embarrass the University, his team and himself.

Don't know if he can.

Going after an official and verbally abusing him in the bowels of OSU's arena?

Ridiculous.

I think its hilarious..... At least ol' Frannie got some ESPN publicity for an Iowa team that is pretty good but no one outside the B1G even knows about. Now the publicity they got was about his son getting a T and him getting a T and OSU students screaming "Daddys Boy" right in the ear of Franny JR. on the bench. They were super close to him also. Then they reported Franny's hallway tirade. Good look Iowa... I guess that is one way to get noticed. He is the best thing that has come along since Bo Bo!

I have no reservation saying I love the makeup of Iowa's team. Fran reminds me so much of Pelini it's scary. He clearly can't control himself when the anger takes over. I was embarrassed by Pelini's behavior, and I thought it was an impediment to the team getting over the hump. Seems like that could be the case with Fran also. It's sad seeing coaches who are their own worst enemy.

I think its hilarious..... At least ol' Frannie got some ESPN publicity for an Iowa team that is pretty good but no one outside the B1G even knows about. Now the publicity they got was about his son getting a T and him getting a T and OSU students screaming "Daddys Boy" right in the ear of Franny JR. on the bench. They were super close to him also. Then they reported Franny's hallway tirade. Good look Iowa... I guess that is one way to get noticed. He is the best thing that has come along since Bo Bo!

He is fiery that’s what you want in a coach, telling jokes and smiles doesn’t cut it in the B1G.

Reactions: sltldowney
Fair warning to the people who, in another thread, wanted to pursue Bobby Hurley. By comparison, Fran is like a combination of Mr. Rogers and Miss Manners.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Fair warning to the people who, in another thread, wanted to pursue Bobby Hurley. By comparison, Fran is like a combination of Mr. Rogers and Miss Manners.
Fortunately the posters on the Husker board aren't the ones doing the hiring for NU.

ADVERTISEMENT