ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Foster

If that's the case,
I am assuming he will be sitting a year, due to transfer?

When his name hit the transfer portal... Smokin
Welcome home Logan!

If that's the case,
I am assuming he will be sitting a year, due to transfer?

When his name hit the transfer portal... Smokin
Welcome home Logan!
That would be my guess. Assuming he is going to play at all. There was some talk he may not want to play baseball anymore but I’d imagine Bolt could nudge him in the right direction.

Reactions: gunNrun
That would be my guess. Assuming he is going to play at all. There was some talk he may not want to play baseball anymore but I’d imagine Bolt could nudge him in the right direction.

Would he still have to sit a year if he walked on at NU?

There was some talk he may not want to play baseball anymore but I’d imagine Bolt could nudge him in the right direction.
Thought all that talk was coming from Aggieland? Winking

Googled - NCAA baseball transfer rules
and this is what I got.
http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

Wasn't it like a day or two after Logan put his name in the transfer portal, the NCAA laid out stricter transfer guidelines? Probably why it took so long to make a decision.
Whatever the case may be...
It would be huge to get Logan into Fall ball
and help the players adjust to the different system of Coach Bolt and staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
I’m personally ok with him redshirting. It honestly seemed he lost the love of the game last season. Maybe coming home and redshirting would help. Kid is very talented though.

Reactions: gunNrun
I like that rule change. I wonder if it will happen in other sports.
It should. Although maybe not football because too many southern schools will find a way to take advantage of it.

Also, Vandy just got better at baseball.

That was the original rumor I heard,
that Logan was applying for a waiver and then a decision would be made.
I'm guessing the waiver was not accepted but he had already made up his mind to come back.
Happy to see Logan now officially a part of the Husker Baseball program :Cool:

Reactions: saluno22
That was the original rumor I heard,
that Logan was applying for a waiver and then a decision would be made.
I'm guessing the waiver was not accepted but he had already made up his mind to come back.
Happy to see Logan now officially a part of the Husker Baseball program :Cool:
He had to be re-recruited by Bolt as well. Really debated hanging it up.

He had to be re-recruited by Bolt as well. Really debated hanging it up.
Yeah, I’m not so sure that’s true. I’ve known for a few weeks he was coming to NU and he played all summer for the Savannah Bananas. Not really something someone would do if they are contemplating quitting.

Yeah, I’m not so sure that’s true. I’ve known for a few weeks he was coming to NU and he played all summer for the Savannah Bananas. Not really something someone would do if they are contemplating quitting.
It’s true from what I was told but maybe his family wasn't on the same page? Who knows. From what I heard he came back with no intention of playing for Nebraska. He actually planned on it before Bolt was coach. Bolt being coach is the only reason he is playing. I guess it doesn’t matter much either way but I’ll give Bolt some due credit I suppose.

It’s true but maybe it always his family was on the same page? Who knows. From what I heard he came back with no intention of playing for Nebraska. He actually planned on it before Bolt was coach. Bolt being coach is the only reason he is playing. I guess it doesn’t matter much either way but I’ll give Bolt credit regardless.
I’m not sure where you got your info, but that is 110% not true. His intention from the beginning was to transfer to Nebraska. Bolt was hired on June 14th and on or around June 22nd Foster informed the aTm coaches that he was transferring to NU to play there and put his name in the portal.

I’m not sure where you got your info, but that is 110% not true. His intention from the beginning was to transfer to Nebraska after Bolt was hired. Bolt was hired on June 14th and on or around June 22nd Foster informed the aTm coaches that he was transferring to NU to play there and put his name in the portal.
Interesting. I’m definitely going to give him a hard time and tell him to get better info at the family reunion next time. Laughing

Then again, I think the A&M side took it a different direction. At the same time the A&M coaches wouldn't hear before he made his mind up but that’s splitting hairs.

I guess we all learn something new every day. Laughing
IMG_9375(2).JPG

Reactions: kaz36 and gunNrun
ADVERTISEMENT