ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Foster Keys Black Team to 7-0 Win

The new guys are doing well. The late addition of Anderson was unbelievable good news & very fortunate! Matthews is a great add too. He could help us in the INF or OF. They really improved their INF. Will be tough to find playing time for everyone.

Happy with the apparent progress of the pitching. Seems they are getting depth in the staff. Starting to get more guys throwing harder but still throw for strikes.

Last edited:
Perspective; 41° temperature with 20mph winds and drizzle throughout.

Our, what I say is anticipated, Friday guy threw well and an expected reliever coming off Tommy John struggled a little as a starter while all others that came in relief today did well. I wouldn't call that a step back.

The team has been playing (scrimmages) for five weeks and it's safe to say our pitchers have held the upper hand for all five weeks. That isn't a knock on the offense, but it's safe for me to say coach Christy has filled up the staff nicely. I'm less worried about LHP coming out of the pen than I was when the fall started as there are some promising arms that have had a good fall and the addition of RHP Frank from the Oklahoma JUCO gives us another weekday option and long reliever to compliment Schreiber on the weekend.

Coach Harvell and Bolt will have some tough decisions as they have a lot of options to choose from. Extremely talented roster, and we'll have plenty of options off the bench as well. Fall exit meetings should be interesting.

Last edited:
Perspective; 41° temperature with 20mph winds and drizzle throughout.

Our, what I say is anticipated, Friday guy threw well and an expected reliever coming off Tommy John struggled a little as a starter while all others that came in relief today did well. I wouldn't call that a step back.

The team has been playing (scrimmages) for five weeks and it's safe to say our pitchers have held the upper hand for all five weeks. That isn't a knock on the offense, but it's safe for me to say coach Christy has filled up the staff nicely. I'm less worried about LHP coming out of the pen than I was when the fall started as there are some promising arms that have had a good fall and the addition of RHP Frank from the Oklahoma JUCO gives us another weekday option and long reliever to compliment Schreiber on the weekend.

Coach Harvell and Bolt will have some tough decisions as they have a lot of options to choose from. Extremely talented roster, and we'll have plenty of options off the bench as well. Fall exit meetings should be interesting.

I think that's fair. I appreciate the feedback and feel a little better about it.

Do you know where Boynton is? Is he hurt, have covid, or class conflicts or did he leave?

I was thinking that Povich would be our Saturday guy which would give us a R/L/R starting rotation. Although in thinking about it, it probably doesn't matter much I guess. Povich is one of the more consistent strike throwers which would be good to start a series with. Would know what your getting that first game. So I guess that makes sense for him to be a Friday guy. Kind of wondering though if Shannaman can parlay his summer work into a friday starting role. Interested to hear how he does today.

Last edited:
Reactions: saluno22
Good question on Boynton, I'm not sure hut thought I saw him on the Wednesday feed wearing sweatpants. He's practiced this fall so hopefully it's nothing serious as to why he missed the R/B series.

Thanks. I appreciate the insight.

Should be a fun season if covid doesn't interfere. Can't wait to see the team on the field this spring.

Reactions: Mike Matya
ADVERTISEMENT