ADVERTISEMENT

Lock Bolt down!!

bearcats7734

Nov 23, 2020
With Childress getting canned today, what are the chances Bolt gets an interview with A&M?
Childress reportedly was paid 800k while Bolt 300k at NU. I guess it depends on how far NU goes in the postseason this year? If he wins a regional I think he instantly becomes a big name, if not already

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
With Childress getting canned today, what are the chances Bolt gets an interview with A&M?
Childress reportedly was paid 800k while Bolt 300k at NU. I guess it depends on how far NU goes in the postseason this year? If he wins a regional I think he instantly becomes a big name, if not already

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Slowdown there skipper

Since A&M decided Childress was no longer the guy to lead their program, I doubt they see his protégé as the answer either.

But that said, Bolt will attract attention from other programs. I'm sure this won't come as news to Moos.

Rob Childress has also spent the last 15 seasons at Texas A&M. He wasn't making anywhere close to 800k when he started. They were paying him based on experience and past performance.

Reactions: HBK4life
I dont see Bolt going anywhere but I would bet that he will get a hefty raise after this season. Even bigger if they do well or even win a regional.

Reactions: scarletred
I'm kinda thinking Childress isn't going to have trouble getting another decent head coaching job, no? So he might not be pining to caddy for Bolt?

Reactions: TheNewNU
I'm kinda thinking Childress isn't going to have trouble getting another decent head coaching job, no? So he might not be pining to caddy for Bolt?
Or, if he takes a job as a pitching coach, it will most likely be in the SEC or Big XII.

Reactions: mgbreis
Why would Bolt go anywhere. NU is his alma mater AND he hasn't accomplished what he came here to do.

As far as childress as pitching coach why/how would you justify canning coach Christie??? Our pitching was decent

Why would Bolt go anywhere. NU is his alma mater AND he hasn't accomplished what he came here to do.

As far as childress as pitching coach why/how would you justify canning coach Christie??? Our pitching was decent
I think you give him a nice raise. Be prepared to pay for results. He's not lucky, he's good. Let's solidify this place as the best program in the conference, bar none.

I think you give him a nice raise. Be prepared to pay for results. He's not lucky, he's good. Let's solidify this place as the best program in the conference, bar none.
Depends on how his contact is structured. I'm assuming there are performance bonuses built in. Regardless Moos might have to dust it off make sure it's relevant. I agree with making sure we keep Bolt because I also believe he's the real deal. Was as a player AND is as a coach.

I'm not worried about ta&m poaching him because I think they'll go a complete opposite direction and not someone from Childress coaching tree so to speak.

But we do need to make it clear we've got our guy and go sniff somewhere else

Reactions: ATX Husker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT