ADVERTISEMENT

Local recruiting?!

Jul 13, 2015
In my mind there is an elephant standing in the corner of the room that needs to be talked about. This new Husker staff said they were going to work hard not to lose local talent to other schools outside of the state. I know for a fact that right now there are 3 local kids that are getting alot of attention from seemingly everyone BUT the Husker staff. Gavin Rush from Aurora 6'3" 275lb O-line. Multiple offers from all D1 schools committed to Wyoming yesterday. David Englehaupt 6'4" 225lb linebacker running a 4.6 40 has received multiple offers, commited last week to Wyoming. Aidan Burroughs from Norfolk Catholic, 6'4" 290lb O-line has received multiple offers hasn't committed yet but I'm told he is leaning towards Turner Gill's Liberty University. So let's see.........there are 3 examples of top shelf athletes that are not being seen in the Huskers "satellite" camps because these boys are LIVING in the shadow of Memorial Stadium. Coach Mike............what gives?
I seem to remember a legendary coach named Bear Bryant who recruited only in the state of Alabama. He didn't seem to have any problem at all winning National Championships with local kids. Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News