ADVERTISEMENT

LM Transferring?

I agree, look at rattler from ou he never hesitates i believe that is what frost wants his offense to look like and just maybe the look like that in practice them come game time Adrian folds like a cheap piece of paper
The difference with Rattler is that he was an ACCOMPLISHED high school QB. Neither Adrian nor Luke were that. The argument over whether Luke or Adrian is the better QB is like asking is a wart on her nose or on her forehead more attractive. We HAVE to recruit better at QB. IF Smothers wasn't good enough to come in and play when both of our QBs were banged up this past season, then he's maybe not the answer either. QB is the NUMBER ONE position you HAVE to get right in college or the NFL. IF you don't, you're screwed.

'night & day better' = averaging .1 yd/carry more and completing 8% more passes en route to more losses/starts despite having 3 more years starting of experience.

3 of LM's turnovers came when forced into duty due either to AM's being made of glass (INT vs MN), us being down by 100 (vs OSU, led by AM) or him sucking so horrendously even Frost couldn't take it anymore (INT @NW).

what next? AM's punting stats (his punt vs rutgers was a highlight of his career)?

we're doomed. so long as he's the starter, we're an afterthought, and our opponents treat us as such.
They both sucked this year. We're doomed no matter who starts.

Reactions: huntered
The difference with Rattler is that he was an ACCOMPLISHED high school QB. Neither Adrian nor Luke were that. The argument over whether Luke or Adrian is the better QB is like asking is a wart on her nose or on her forehead more attractive. We HAVE to recruit better at QB. IF Smothers wasn't good enough to come in and play when both of our QBs were banged up this past season, then he's maybe not the answer either. QB is the NUMBER ONE position you HAVE to get right in college or the NFL. IF you don't, you're screwed.
I would much rather she have a wart on her forehead than her nose and it’s not even close. Have you ever hooked up with a girl that has a wart on her nose? Have you ever hooked up with a girl because of how she used to look? Be honest.

Does Verduzco evaluate and recruit quarterbacks? If so, that’s another reason why he should be let go.

I don't care what any of ya say, I believe Smoothers is the best qb on the roster right now, but really that isn't a tall order to claim seeing what we have seen on the field at qb for the last two years. I am a firm believer Frost wasn't going to play Smoothers because if Smoothers did do well he would have a full blown 3 player qb battle.

Frost is that smart kid in class who tries to prove he is the smartest kid in class but proceeds to put his shirt on inside out.

Hmmm. So just looking at AM and LMC, who do you think is working the hardest this offseason to get better?
And don't you think that guy can be much better after putting in this work? Just sayin
I think Luke hits the weights much harder than Adrian does. You could see it in his arms already this year by comparison.

Hmmm. So just looking at AM and LMC, who do you think is working the hardest this offseason to get better?
And don't you think that guy can be much better after putting in this work? Just sayin
Neither got better last year. In fact they may have gotten worse. Why should we think they’ll get better next year?

Reactions: vs540husker
So unless frost get a quarterback from the trans portal frosts days are truly numbered

I would say yes, unless Smothers has a breakout season in the next two years.

Or we could just admit our QB’s can’t run the offense and adjust. Run heavy, zone read, option. We will have a good defense, we could win a lot of games if the offense just stop turning the ball over. Long term we have to get a QB that can do all the things Frost wants, but in the short term we need to adjust.

I would have no clue. I think they report back today since voting not to play. Correct? It was obvious that AM didn't work very hard between 18 & 19.

What do you expect them to get better at? Seeing the field? Reading defenses? Making quick adjustments in game time speed?

Yes, they can get stronger. Watch film. Learn details with no coaches present but if anyone thinks they are going to miraculously get better, good luck.

So unless frost get a quarterback from the trans portal frosts days are truly numbered

nz_hannah_011046.jpg

What do you expect them to get better at? Seeing the field? Reading defenses? Making quick adjustments in game time speed?

Yes, they can get stronger. Watch film. Learn details with no coaches present but if anyone thinks they are going to miraculously get better, good luck.
Uh, if you're in the McCaffrey family, I'm guessing there are some opportunities to get better while away.

Reactions: Gerard10
LOL. I cannot argue with that.

What this offense needs is versatility. It seems the only objective this offense had outside of running the QB was getting the ball to Wan'dale. Getting him his touches. Keeping him happy. Since the other team was keying on Wan'dale (everyone except Bob Diaco), it would have made more sense to spread the ball around. Going forward, I would like to see Betts and other WRs get the ball downfield and move away from throwing 5-10 swing passes to the Duck R for 1-3 yards.

With full respect I fully disagree sir. Above all else, what we so desperately need is simply having our OLine kicking ass & taking names. Also including consistently reasonable center hikes that would help our qb a LOT. They did improve somewhat this year but they're not yet where they need to be.

If they do come around next year maybe we can massively reduce about 15 wasted horizontal passes per game.

So even with much improvement I don’t think either are going to be great QB’s . Today neither are good , or what you could call serviceable QB’s

Reactions: phoenix4nu
Or we could just admit our QB’s can’t run the offense and adjust. Run heavy, zone read, option. We will have a good defense, we could win a lot of games if the offense just stop turning the ball over. Long term we have to get a QB that can do all the things Frost wants, but in the short term we need to adjust.
I've been hammering on that point for a couple years now. We have seen that putting the game on Adrian or Luke's arm is not a winning strategy by this point. Hence the reason I keep yapping about them being in the 15-25 attempts range instead of the 25-35 attempts per game range.

They desperately need a PA and RPO game set up by the run where they're making about 2 reads, maybe 3. Look here, if it doesn't look great, look there, if it doesn't look great, look to run, if that's shut down too, throw it away.

The trouble with Luke is he seems to give you about a coin flip chance of turning it over when he drops back to pass. He's like a 10 attempt per game guy. What you love in a runner is a kid who never wants to quit. What you fear in a passer is a kid who never wants to quit.

NU is going to have a monstrous OL in the coming years and a collection of RBs who were highly rated coming out of HS. If you can't commit to running with that, then I don't know what you're doing as a coach. They had a lesser opponent in Rutgers and just mashed them into submission. It made you go, "Where the hell has that been all year???"

He could have also done this with the defense.. since the offense isn't high powered the past 3 seasons, he could have run the Defense much less aggressively, but he didn't do that either.

With full respect I fully disagree sir. Above all else, what we so desperately need is simply having our OLine kicking ass & taking names. Also including consistently reasonable center hikes that would help our qb a LOT. They did improve somewhat this year but they're not yet where they need to be.

If they do come around next year maybe we can massively reduce about 15 wasted horizontal passes per game.
You may be right, but I think the offensive staff wanted dearly to get the ball to Wan'dale. And the easiest way to pass the ball to a 5'7" guy with short arms is to fling a sideline pass to him. Maybe, just maybe Frost and company will spend more time developing a more balanced attack this year since there is really no one who should be a focal point.

You may be right, but I think the offensive staff wanted dearly to get the ball to Wan'dale. And the easiest way to pass the ball to a 5'7" guy with short arms is to fling a sideline pass to him. Maybe, just maybe Frost and company will spend more time developing a more balanced attack this year since there is really no one who should be a focal point.

Yes sir, you too may be quite correct. I don't know. But for me the last thing we need work hard for is a balanced attack. If we were Alabama, Ohio State or somebody then sure....they can do almost anything they want.

However, currently NU simply doesn't excel at anything. I would blindly suggest that excelling at "something" should be our #1 priority. Again, for me, a good running game would help boatloads above everything else. Frazier, Crouch, ect were no Joe Namath clones. But still...all they did was win, win and win.

Heh, just my silly opinion. Just like you I want success for NU. We'll just hope for the best!

I would much rather she have a wart on her forehead than her nose and it’s not even close. Have you ever hooked up with a girl that has a wart on her nose? Have you ever hooked up with a girl because of how she used to look? Be honest.
If we’re being honest...14 beers will take you down memory lane

Reactions: DannyLangsdork
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT