ADVERTISEMENT

LM Transferring?

And I feel bad for people who have no other recourse than to dog the coaches. I for one am much happier giving the benefit of the doubt to the coaches. I may be disappointed down the road, but I’m not actively living in disappointment every moment these coaches are employed by nebraska.

To each his own I guess.

They are dogged because they have been a disappointment in every phase since stepping foot on campus. Frost is damn lucky fans could not attend games this year. I can only imagine the boos raining down on him during the Illinois and Minnesota game. Hopefully he won’t have that luxury this year.

Funny how the goal post have moved for the golden boy though where year 4 we consider a winning season as “progress.”

They are dogged because they have been a disappointment in every phase since stepping foot on campus. Frost is damn lucky fans could not attend games this year. I can only imagine the boos raining down on him during the Illinois and Minnesota game. Hopefully he won’t have that luxury this year.

Funny how the goal post have moved for the golden boy though where year 4 we consider a winning season as “progress.”
He absolutely has been underwhelming. Whenever it seems as though they might make progress they shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

From that perspective, I agree with a lot of what you say. I just choose not to live in that spot, as I don’t think I want to feel the way you do. Maybe that makes me an ostrich, but I’m a happy ostrich.

If they suck next season, I’ll be mad in the moment. But I’m not gonna spend the entire offseason upset about every bad thing having to do with Frost and Co.

What has Frost been doing a good job of? Inquiring minds
I agree that’s one thing that really surprised me about coach frost is seemingly lack of discipline

As he gets further and further into panic mode, the discipline gets overlooked more and more as it becomes more and more critical to have the perceived best players on the field. Word is, many players, especially the DBs, do what they want without coaches batting an eye. Unfortunately, they’ve let it go too long. It’s tough to reel in players that have been allowed to run wild for years.

As he gets further and further into panic mode, the discipline gets overlooked more and more as it becomes more and more critical to have the perceived best players on the field. Word is, many players, especially the DBs, do what they want without coaches batting an eye. Unfortunately, they’ve let it go too long. It’s tough to reel in players that have been allowed to run wild for years.
Complete nonsense.

Discipline is overlooked so more talented players can play, meanwhile guys like Falck and Liewer play.

DB’s do what they want without consequence. Meanwhile DB’s are transferring out because Fisher is so tough on them.

Players are allowed to run wild for years. I though this was because we are now in panic mode, but the staff has only been here 3 years? Doesn’t add up.

Overall, weak troll attempt 2/10

Last edited:
Reactions: Laner2
Complete nonsense.

Discipline is overlooked so more talented players can play, meanwhile guys like Falck and Liewer play.

DB’s do what they want without consequence. Meanwhile DB’s are transferring out because Fisher is so tough on them.

Players are allowed to run wild for years. I though this was because we are now in panic mode, but the staff has only been here 3 years? Doesn’t add up.

Overall, weak troll attempt 2/10

Years meaning 3. From the beginning. No troll, just truth. Solid info.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Years meaning 3. From the beginning. No troll, just truth. Solid info.

Odd.

Originally you said:

“As he gets further and further into panic mode, the discipline gets overlooked more and more as it becomes more and more critical to have the perceived best players on the field.”

But now it’s been since the beginning .

It’s OK, trolling is hard. Better luck next time.

Odd.

Originally you said:

“As he gets further and further into panic mode, the discipline gets overlooked more and more as it becomes more and more critical to have the perceived best players on the field.”

But now it’s been since the beginning .

It’s OK, trolling is hard. Better luck next time.

I know who the troll is, you my friend. You clearly can’t read. Have a nice night.

We actually might be better off if the entire offense transferred out and they were then replaced with other kids from the portal. Just saying our offense didn't exactly light the world on fire. Needs a remake. RollingLaugh
No kidding. Take Wan'dale Robinson for example. Best player on this offense. Best weapon. Good vision and good football player. But all we're really talking about losing in production is 450 yards receiving and 250 yards rushing. In a full season, he would have better numbers but I'm not sure he's ever played a full season due to injuries. He's short, goes down on first contact, his catch radius is small so the QB better be very accurate. Supposed to be a fast and quick guy, but not very fast or very quick. Doesn't seem to be particularly good at kick or punt returns. In short, he's replaceable.

Yes, we cannot blame the problems of the offense on the talent. Much bigger than that. But none of these guys are irreplaceable.

I wouldn't call it panic mode, but there are some pressures to fix the offense right away.

I do think there are discipline issues on the team at times. I personally think Frost wants to be seen as buddies with guys on the team.. maybe more so than as a head coach. I'm not sure one can really jump back and forth between those roles and maintain any sort of serious discipline either.

I think player management is an even bigger issue with Frost. Either recruiting the wrong type of guys, injured guys, playing favorites, not putting certain guys on the field, putting guys in wrong positions, or even making outside runners run inside and that sort of nonsense.. making promises to recruits, parents, et all. And then you have guys leaving for all kinds of reasons, whether it is playing time, or maybe not happy with their unit or lack of success or covid or any other factors going on down in Lincoln. This all comes back to player mis management.. it's highly inefficient and wastes a lot of time and energy for everyone.

No kidding. Take Wan'dale Robinson for example. Best player on this offense. Best weapon. Good vision and good football player. But all we're really talking about losing in production is 450 yards receiving and 250 yards rushing. In a full season, he would have better numbers but I'm not sure he's ever played a full season due to injuries. He's short, goes down on first contact, his catch radius is small so the QB better be very accurate. Supposed to be a fast and quick guy, but not very fast or very quick. Doesn't seem to be particularly good at kick or punt returns. In short, he's replaceable.

Yes, we cannot blame the problems of the offense on the talent. Much bigger than that. But none of these guys are irreplaceable.

I heard the same last year when JD left and he was easily replaceable ...he wasn't. We are one of the last teams in the B10 right now, not Alabama.

His brother left michigan after losing out at qb. Wouldn't be surprised if he left. Family history.
I disagree! If he is a competitor, I would think he wouldn't like the idea of being the second McCaffery to transfer. It's not always a bed of Rose's out there. I dont know where Dylan ended up, but I wasnt aware that tons of schools were clamoring for him. And as Michigans year turned out Dylan might have got a chance.

I heard the same last year when JD left and he was easily replaceable ...he wasn't. We are one of the last teams in the B10 right now, not Alabama.
LOL. I cannot argue with that.

What this offense needs is versatility. It seems the only objective this offense had outside of running the QB was getting the ball to Wan'dale. Getting him his touches. Keeping him happy. Since the other team was keying on Wan'dale (everyone except Bob Diaco), it would have made more sense to spread the ball around. Going forward, I would like to see Betts and other WRs get the ball downfield and move away from throwing 5-10 swing passes to the Duck R for 1-3 yards.

LOL. I cannot argue with that.

What this offense needs is versatility. It seems the only objective this offense had outside of running the QB was getting the ball to Wan'dale. Getting him his touches. Keeping him happy. Since the other team was keying on Wan'dale (everyone except Bob Diaco), it would have made more sense to spread the ball around. Going forward, I would like to see Betts and other WRs get the ball downfield and move away from throwing 5-10 swing passes to the Duck R for 1-3 yards.
so no evidence that this is anything other than rumor.

QB recruiting hasn’t been that good in my opinion.
Smothers is the guy we have to hope is the real deal. Haarberg could very well turn out to be a great QB but man it's going to be a HUGE leap for him coming from the level he played at. Of course most of us thought countless other QB recruits over the years coming from big time high school programs would be stars and we virtually all of them have underwhelmed. Spring camp is going to be a big deal this year and I HOPE we see some good things out of the QBs in the scrimmage. Please please please let Smothers look great. The NUMBER 1 problem with our QBs has been turnovers. It hasn't been mechanics. It hasn't been arm talent. It's been turnovers.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious.....we had how many 4 stars transfer out in the last class? Mixed in with how many JUCO’s who didn’t see the light of day this last year? He is not even coming close to recruiting at the level to overcome his and his buddies coaching deficiencies.
If you can't see the elevation of athleticism and talent on the roster then I can't help you. It needs to show up on game day but IMO the underclassmen I've seen play in the O line and on defense look like upgrades athletically to me. Likewise I like the new WRs in Betts, Martin, etc. We've got WAY more depth at WR than we've had and potentially we'll have multiple guys who can house catches this next fall.

If you can't see the elevation of athleticism and talent on the roster then I can't help you. It needs to show up on game day but IMO the underclassmen I've seen play in the O line and on defense look like upgrades athletically to me. Likewise I like the new WRs in Betts, Martin, etc. We've got WAY more depth at WR than we've had and potentially we'll have multiple guys who can house catches this next fall.

Well It sounds like Luke is on the verge of being out the door. That’s just another 4 star Frost recruit that does not want to stay on the sinking ship.

How many four stars have now transferred under Frost? The guy has zero control of the program. For all the “we need to fix the culture” Frost BS speak it’s ironic that the next coach will be the one who really has to fix the “culture” Frost left behind.

Also, I look forward to multiple guys who can take it to the house next year despite our inability to get them the ball this year.

Well It sounds like Luke is on the verge of being out the door. That’s just another 4 star Frost recruit that does not want to stay on the sinking ship.

How many four stars have now transferred under Frost? The guy has zero control of the program. For all the “we need to fix the culture” Frost BS speak it’s ironic that the next coach will be the one who really has to fix the “culture” Frost left behind.

Also, I look forward to multiple guys who can take it to the house next year despite our inability to get them the ball this year.
Luke was a 3* with a very well-known surname

I hope he stays here, all the same.

Where does it sound like he is out the door? Sipple said yesterday he is staying

Where does it sound like he is out the door? Sipple said yesterday he is staying

I didn’t see any quotes from Luke in that article. Maybe Sipple has some inside info I don’t know. It sure sounds like Frost is going to have to do some re-recruiting as there is a lot of smoke around him transferring.

And I feel bad for people who have no other recourse than to dog the coaches. I for one am much happier giving the benefit of the doubt to the coaches. I may be disappointed down the road, but I’m not actively living in disappointment every moment these coaches are employed by nebraska.

To each his own I guess.
You're not happier, you just live with the disappointment. You're used to it. It's your new normal and you told yourself to smile and eat that $&^! sandwich. Yumm.. chew it all up buddy. lol.

I think it's perfectly normal to hold the coach accountable for the state of the program and what's going on with it. It's not all negative either.. we got some potential guys coming in on offense, so that could be a plus. I'd like to see more of that, but it's not all bad news. A lot of defensive starters going to return. That is probably even bigger good news given the schedule next year.

Anyway, don't live in the land of make believe.. it's not healthy for you.. you'll end up a democrat. That's no way to live your life. :)

please post quotes of his intentions to leave, if that's how we're judging things.

I was replying to a poster who referenced Sips article. I didn’t see anything in the article to disprove he is not considering transferring.

It could very well be BS. But of course there was also many on this board who called BS on anyone who advised Wandale wasn’t happy.

I was replying to a poster who referenced Sips article. I didn’t see anything in the article to disprove he is not considering transferring.

It could very well be BS. But of course there was also many on this board who called BS on anyone who advised Wandale wasn’t happy.
all 150+ players on the roster are considering transferring until disproven by direct quotes

heard it here first

You're not happier, you just live with the disappointment. You're used to it. It's your new normal and you told yourself to smile and eat that $&^! sandwich. Yumm.. chew it all up buddy. lol.

I think it's perfectly normal to hold the coach accountable for the state of the program and what's going on with it. It's not all negative either.. we got some potential guys coming in on offense, so that could be a plus. I'd like to see more of that, but it's not all bad news. A lot of defensive starters going to return. That is probably even bigger good news given the schedule next year.

Anyway, don't live in the land of make believe.. it's not healthy for you.. you'll end up a democrat. That's no way to live your life. :)
Made me laugh. Thanks Nikki. :)

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT