ADVERTISEMENT

LM Transferring?

HuskerLove1

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2018
Some people are saying it on Reddit and there’s also a thread on RSS about it as well.

This would really suck, but I guess if he wants to be a D1 QB it won’t be here. He could be a killer slot receiver and return man :’(

If he's not willing to switch positions I don't think him transferring would be the worst thing. It would eliminate splitting reps with Smothers and would allow them to see what they have in him for when Martinez is gone.
We better hope that Smothers can actually push Martinez then because we saw what happened from year1 to year2 when there was no threat of competition (Martinez even admitted as such).

I guess when I scanned through that thread it was more about 'what does LM do now?' and not necessarily specific to him actually transferring from the program.

My bad if they're one in the same...
Nah, your probably right... it talked about him transferring, but also switching positions or sticking it out in the QB room.

We better hope that Smothers can actually push Martinez then because we saw what happened from year1 to year2 when there was no threat of competition (Martinez even admitted as such).

We should bring in a grad transfer to offer competition and we have got to land our top high school guy next year.

I just have such a hard time believe that Frost would bring-in a grad transfer QB.

And looking at the current QB's available in the portal, I'm not sure who could actually come here and give Martinez a run for his money. There are no slam-dunk (ie. Justin Fields) type guys just sitting there waiting for a team to pickup their new day1 starting QB.

Some people are saying it on Reddit and there’s also a thread on RSS about it as well.

This would really suck, but I guess if he wants to be a D1 QB it won’t be here. He could be a killer slot receiver and return man :’(

He'd kill it at Navy or Army. Is Paul Johnson still coaching?

I just have such a hard time believe that Frost would bring-in a grad transfer QB.

And looking at the current QB's available in the portal, I'm not sure who could actually come here and give Martinez a run for his money. There are no slam-dunk (ie. Justin Fields) type guys just sitting there waiting for a team to pickup their new day1 starting QB.
we don't need a slam dunk. we need to make free throws.

We actually might be better off if the entire offense transferred out and they were then replaced with other kids from the portal. Just saying our offense didn't exactly light the world on fire. Needs a remake. RollingLaugh

We're just a block or two away.

They only way Luke is leaving right now is if Frost confronted him about changing positions. If Frost did that I'd have to believe Frost is confident Smothers is a legitimate backup to AM next year. Which I don't think is the case otherwise he would have got some PT last year.

Too many people are just assuming that because Luke struggled throwing means Frost has written him off and asked him to move. Luke may beat out AM next year for all we know. He isn't going anywhere...yet.

They only way Luke is leaving right now is if Frost confronted him about changing positions. If Frost did that I'd have to believe Frost is confident Smothers is a legitimate backup to AM next year. Which I don't think is the case otherwise he would have got some PT last year.

Too many people are just assuming that because Luke struggled throwing means Frost has written him off and asked him to move. Luke may beat out AM next year for all we know. He isn't going anywhere...yet.
Personally I do think it is ridiculous that Smothers never got any snaps. It's not like we had anything at all to lose - either in terms of a game or in terms of Smothers eligibility. Not saying at all that he was the answer but why not at least give him a little time. For all of his bravado, I don't think Frost does a very good job of managing the players in terms of developing them.

Personally I do think it is ridiculous that Smothers never got any snaps. It's not like we had anything at all to lose - either in terms of a game or in terms of Smothers eligibility. Not saying at all that he was the answer but why not at least give him a little time. For all of his bravado, I don't think Frost does a very good job of managing the players in terms of developing them.
What has Frost been doing a good job of? Inquiring minds wanna know...

You talking about the ones that stayed? O line recruiting has been top notch for sure
I like most of the young guys he landed. RB's have to learn the O and stay healthy. They killed it at TE this year. D line recruiting and development looks pretty good to me. The young safeties and LBs I think look very good. I like what I see talent wise now we have to get them on and keep them on the field and WIN. QB is my main concern and time will tell on them I guess.

I have to agree about how playing time is managed. The RB rotation was odd, WR room was unevenly used, not a single snap for Smothers, etc. Now I know that injuries dictated some things, but there didn't seem to be continuity.

Then the choices of how to use personnel was a head-scratcher. Using Mills to run wide. Wandale between the tackles in short yardage. Deep balls to Vokalek, McCaffrey comes in cold for an injured AM and they have him throw twice in a row. All of it just demonstrates there wasn't good instincts about how to best use players.

We actually might be better off if the entire offense transferred out and they were then replaced with other kids from the portal. Just saying our offense didn't exactly light the world on fire. Needs a remake. RollingLaugh

That would only work if we could place Frost in the transfer portal and trade him out. I feel bad for the people that believe it’s only a personnel problem.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

His brother left michigan after losing out at qb. Wouldn't be surprised if he left. Family history.

That would only work if we could place Frost in the transfer portal and trade him out. I feel bad for the people that believe it’s only a personnel problem.
And I feel bad for people who have no other recourse than to dog the coaches. I for one am much happier giving the benefit of the doubt to the coaches. I may be disappointed down the road, but I’m not actively living in disappointment every moment these coaches are employed by nebraska.

To each his own I guess.

His recruiting has been pretty darned good these last 2 classes. Next year it has to show up in the W column. QB play has to get better.

Not sure if serious.....we had how many 4 stars transfer out in the last class? Mixed in with how many JUCO’s who didn’t see the light of day this last year? He is not even coming close to recruiting at the level to overcome his and his buddies coaching deficiencies.

ADVERTISEMENT