ADVERTISEMENT

LJS: Christy: Bolt’s coaching approach will be similar to Erstad’s

So reading that article means they will not be like Erstad coached teams. But I understand giving props to him as if they are going to emulate it but let’s be real. We were never going to host regionals with the approach Erstad took.

I would not have said, never.
Just Erstad's approach was a, long work in progress Winking

Pitching Coach Christy saying
4 or 5 probable starters...
Gomes, Perry, Schanaman, Povich, and Schreiber
Some conflicting info, keeping em on their toes Smokin

They need to get better at developing and growing pitching talent. Erstad/Silva sucked at this and relied on you being good/great coming into the program. Most pitchersnregressed and ended up with arm injuries.

A disappointing bit of info was relayed to me during the Christmas break where a friend’s son was with one of the Husker freshmen pitchers. This kid is pitching at a small private school, is now an upperclassman that came into school in the low 80’s and now is kissing 90. He asked the Husker pitcher what type of drills they are doing for mechanics and if they use biomechanics stuff. The Husker pitcher had no idea what he was talking about and said he lifts weights and then his pitching workout consists of some throwing at the Indoor facility then he’s done for the day. Said nobody has worked on mechanics or talked about mechanics with him.

If a small private school can develop pitchers and add velo, why can’t the Huskers?

Schanaman as a possible starter is new info for me. I pictured him as competing for closer with Kissack so this is interesting. No mention of Stroh and Bragg is also interesting. Especially Stroh given his prior B1G experience. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

Schanaman as a possible starter is new info for me. I pictured him as competing for closer with Kissack so this is interesting. No mention of Stroh and Bragg is also interesting. Especially Stroh given his prior B1G experience. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.
Last I heard in late December Shay was most likely the closer but maybe things have changed since.

This article lost all credibility when Colby Gomes' evil twin was mentioned, Colby Gomez.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT