ADVERTISEMENT

LJS: Alvarado ready for shot as starting pitcher as NU begins fall workouts

This experiment seems to fail a lot under Erstad. Hopefully this one will be different though.

This experiment seems to fail a lot under Erstad. Hopefully this one will be different though.
I assume you mean moving a reliever to a starting role, in which case Howell and Hohensee are the sample size (am I forgetting anyone else?). As for mainly position players pitching, Meyers and Miller off the top of my head, not sure who else he's tried there.

I believe Anderson tried moving a closer to starter with Brett Jensen, can't remember how that went.

I assume you mean moving a reliever to a starting role, in which case Howell and Hohensee are the sample size (am I forgetting anyone else?). As for mainly position players pitching, Meyers and Miller off the top of my head, not sure who else he's tried there.

I believe Anderson tried moving a closer to starter with Brett Jensen, can't remember how that went.
Changing roles in general. Every year we have the best closer in the league and he makes them a long relief pitcher or a starter and they don't fair to well. Probably because we have a mediocre pitching coach.

Hohensee wasn't who I was thinking of because at least he was a long removed so moving to a starting role isn't too outlandish.

Reactions: saluno22
Changing roles in general. Every year we have the best closer in the league and he makes them a long relief pitcher or a starter and they don't fair to well. Probably because we have a mediocre pitching coach.

Hohensee wasn't who I was thinking of because at least he was a long removed so moving to a starting role isn't too outlandish.
Good call. Luensmann struggled in his transition to longer relief last year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT