ADVERTISEMENT

Little Ferentz with a new contract

Absolutely comical and Iowa football deserves every joke it’s about to receive.
The point you have to understand is Ferentz boys shouldn’t count the points the defense makes even though those point‘s get added on their offense point total..

Therefore the boys are not being realistic on that 55-3 Kirk was boosting about when scoring 24 points Bull$&it..🤫

So if we know the number they need to get to the 25 average on Black Friday do we let them score?
If he needs 14 points against us to get to his 25 point average we better let him get 15. No way do we want him gone.

However of the years listed earlier of those shitty offensive stats, he only lost one of them to us. How embarrassing.

Pure gold. I also read that this amended contract will terminate in June 2024 if the stated objectives are not met. So in theory a number of the benchmarks could be unattainable no matter of the final outcome with the Huskers on Black Friday. So he still receives his pay for another 6 months while he cleans out his office? Thanks Dad!

It will be interesting to see what happens in games where they might have a comfortable lead late in the game. Does the 1st team offense stay out there and continue to try and score points in order to build a ppg buffer

While the metric for the bonus is 25 ppg - apparently his contract is also terminated if he doesn’t meet that metric

This is literally what sales managers do when they are "helping" one of their sales dudes.

1. Minimum 100 calls per day
2. 2 hours of talk time

If you just hit those goals, you will sell!

Meanwhile, Johnny AwesomeSales shows up when he wants, leaves when he wants, makes 2-3 calls and outsells everyone and of course, the boss doesn't care.

chris farley fat guy in a little coat GIF

So this year he gets a pretty good QB to run "his system" it'll further go to prove what's lacking for them... good coaching or good players...
Pretty good?

Based on what?

As an Iowa fan they deserve every bit of hate and mocking that comes along with this clown decision by our clown AD.
So it’s safe to say one isn’t leaving without the other, I don’t see Barta hiring the next head coach at Ioway when the Caption decides to say fair well..

So it’s safe to say one isn’t leaving without the other, I don’t see Barta hiring the next head coach at Ioway when the Caption decides to say fair well..
They are totally "working together" and I don't mean in a productive way for the school.

They are in it for themselves and I get it, I don't even blame them, they have both made a fortune off the school for being average.

I am fine if they both go at the same time. I don't have a lot of trust in Barta for hiring for FB or MBB.

Reactions: Laner2
As an Iowa fan they deserve every bit of hate and mocking that comes along with this clown decision by our clown AD.
I have fun with IA fans but I'm not into the hate thing. But as an outsider looking, especially as a Husker outsider looking in I can see a chilling resemblance to a couple of former NE ADs who did a great job of trashing our program. I think that plays a little bit into some of the humor we see with Barta.

Curious, how many games in next season before Hawk fans start holding ‘25’ signs? Will the Barta storm troopers allow them?

Reactions: scarletred
So this year he gets a pretty good QB to run "his system" it'll further go to prove what's lacking for them... good coaching or good players...
They'll be okay if they just do what they do. Run block well, hit the tight ends, and don't turn it over.

But some of the teams in the Big ten can light up the scoreboard which changes their game plan entirely. They put a lot of pressure on their defense and special teams.

Reactions: Laner2
If I'm in AD or professional owner, I'd stipulate that the coach not hire his own offspring. It rarely works out. Kyle shanahan comes to mind, but that's about it. The list of fails is long.

wow

1 news story by a fringe outlet and 5 minutes on Fox - B1G's biggest booster - during the deadest of dead periods in the whole college football calendar

like I said - nobody notices anything your program does, good/bad/otherwise

meanwhile, Matt Rhule sneezes and it's headline news for weeks on end

is there still a Nebraska Football section in every iowa newspaper like there is in the Denver Post?

ha who am I kidding - of course there is

If I were an Iowa fan, I'd be able to come to grips with all of this if only they weren't such smug assholes about it.
Right? I mean, it is bad enough that they have convinced their fans that being average is totally okay but then this contract?

Those dudes have all gotten rich without accomplishing anything. Schools that actually want to win would have dumped him 10 years ago...

ADVERTISEMENT