ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty hires Hugh Freeze

Winning is everything I guess. We all fall short, and people deserve second chances. Sometimes, I'm too cynical.

So Liberty, the ultra Christian University hires the old Baylor AD who enabled a rampant rape culture, who then hires Hugh Freeze who is fond of prostitutes.

Interesting.

Christian university based on Christian values, a religion founded on forgiveness, giving two guys another chance. Yeah I don’t get it. I mean it’s not like Jesus Christ hung out with prostitutes.

I mean I’d get the criticism of a Christian school like Baylor that covers up and lies. But a Christian school that actually is following it’s religions beliefs is hard to criticize. IMO Liberty did nothing wrong and people deserve to be forgiven.

Last edited:
So Liberty, the ultra Christian University hires the old Baylor AD who enabled a rampant rape culture, who then hires Hugh Freeze who is fond of prostitutes.

Interesting.

Whoever the President is really stuck his neck out on these hires..... good luck

Reactions: huskerfan66
Dingle will be here to defend the AD's honor shortly.
No. I just don't like the assumptions that are made based on unverifiable statements from people filing large civil suits. Then if the powers that be decide to avoid more public embarrassment and legal fees by settling, most people assume guilt. Some day you may know the joy of somebody looking for a pay day by filing an unjustified civil suit. I also am tired of the little squeaky guy on 590 radio (Joe Quinn) jumping up on his soap box at every opportunity and using God's and Jesus Christ's names as exclamation points to his rants about such matters.

Last edited:
And the AD is the old Baylor Ad that all that stuff happened under.....
Then you better indict TO for all the stuff that happened while he was the coach at NU. You do remember how he was tried in the media for all of the sexual assaults and domestic violence during his championship years don't you? You could also include the incident where he hid a pistol in his desk if you want.

Christian university based on Christian values, a religion founded on forgiveness, giving two guys another chance. Yeah I don’t get it. I mean it’s not like Jesus Christ hung out with prostitutes.

I mean I’d get the criticism of a Christian school like Baylor that covers up and lies. But a Christian school that actually is following it’s religions beliefs is hard to criticize. IMO Liberty did nothing wrong and people deserve to be forgiven.
More like Liberty U isn’t interested in things like rape culture and maintains the hypocritical yet pious leadership of the Falwell family.
Jerry Falwell threads are so uplifting. Is he still dead?
Jr is still alive and is worse than his dead old man, something I did not think possible.

More like Liberty U isn’t interested in things like rape culture and maintains the hypocritical yet pious leadership of the Falwell family.

Jr is still alive and is worse than his dead old man, something I did not think possible.

Those guys or that family clearly are gifted salesmen...There is no doubt in my mind that they could have been millionaires working in sales for any number of companies. They would be the type of dudes that would be laughing with you while you were grabbing coffee and laughing at you while they stole your accounts.

This is what’s wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to be the dam judge jury and executioner. You do realize McCaw resigned because he didn’t want to be apart of the cover up and was actually very helpful during the deposition and was honest and straightforward. He also claims he had zero knowledge of the rape claims prior to it being reported by the media.

And I know today society likes to treat everything as guilty until proven innocent because that is the way the media draws it up for us but this is still America. We still rule under the constitution. It is still innocent until proven guilty and McCaw has never been proven guilty of a cover up. He actually did the opposite but you want the mans life to be forever runined because he happened to be employed at Baylor when things went sour.

Because you want to reconcile it in your head that this man was guilty of cover up of rape and yet no evidence supports those claims. Seriously? Consider this, just for one second, imagine you are wrong and McCaw has no knowledge of a cover up up rape prior to it being reported by the media and is completely innocent. Consider the man being guilty of nothing more than being employed by a university at an unfortunate time.

Baylor is no longer a Christian school. It says that it is but it catching up very quickly to its liberal sister universities and all of their liberal doctrines. I know, three of my family members went there. DBU is a Christian school now, not Baylor.

Baylor is no longer a Christian school. It says that it is but it catching up very quickly to its liberal sister universities and all of their liberal doctrines. I know, three of my family members went there. DBU is a Christian school now, not Baylor.
I agree. Baylor lacks the substance of a Christian school, only in form is it a Christian school and I wasn’t defending Baylor. Was defending Liberty.

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
He is a god fearing man, I am sure he will be a success with Jesus on his side in this venture. Sorry the liberals held him down in his last job, I know for sure he contacted that Elkhorn Principal about those candy canes, maybe he couldn't find the contact info, anybody have it?

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
Liberty is creepy IMO. And just got creepier.

I don't think they hired these guys because they are super great forgiving Christians. I think they want to win football games more than they want to espouse their values, and thereby build a more recognizable brand and increase enrollment to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Maybe they should just let the students screw and drink beer. Or both. Lynchburg is a dump.

Depends upon what you mean by Christian values, and these two hires are far from Jesus Christ. This is about winning games, and to the Liberty leadership the ends justify the means.

Liberty is creepy IMO. And just got creepier.

Maybe they should just let the students screw and drink beer. Or both. Lynchburg is a dump.
But Liberty does have a really nice indoor track facility.

It’s interesting though. He was mentioned for a lot of high profile jobs but here he lands. I wonder if there is truth to the rumor that the SEC has him blacklisted somehow.

And anyway it’s consensual prostitution on the school’s dime. And lying about it. Not to mention all the recruiting violations. Yes, everyone does it to some degree, but they were particularly egregious. Not to mention that he tried to put it all on the previous coach when caught.

I mean I’d get the criticism of a Christian school like Baylor that covers up and lies. But a Christian school that actually is following it’s religions beliefs is hard to criticize. IMO Liberty did nothing wrong and people deserve to be forgiven

Get over yourselves, people deserve 2nd chances.

We won 2 Natty's with a guy who drug his girlfriend down the stairs by her hair. Consensual prostitution is far less egregious.
The problem people have is he was an obnoxious christian, who was supported by obnoxious christians, and he was dirtier than most non-believers, a cheater, and stupid too. My favorite christians are those who you would never know are christians except they are just good people to the core...but sometimes I think people go into it just to talk about the "special" group they belong to...

Reactions: Can o' corn

This is what’s wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to be the dam judge jury and executioner. You do realize McCaw resigned because he didn’t want to be apart of the cover up and was actually very helpful during the deposition and was honest and straightforward. He also claims he had zero knowledge of the rape claims prior to it being reported by the media.

And I know today society likes to treat everything as guilty until proven innocent because that is the way the media draws it up for us but this is still America. We still rule under the constitution. It is still innocent until proven guilty and McCaw has never been proven guilty of a cover up. He actually did the opposite but you want the mans life to be forever runined because he happened to be employed at Baylor when things went sour.

Because you want to reconcile it in your head that this man was guilty of cover up of rape and yet no evidence supports those claims. Seriously? Consider this, just for one second, imagine you are wrong and McCaw has no knowledge of a cover up up rape prior to it being reported by the media and is completely innocent. Consider the man being guilty of nothing more than being employed by a university at an unfortunate time.

That is some nice revisionism. McCaw resigned because he was caught up in everything. His zero knowledge is simply untrue. This was shown when text messages between McCaw and Briles. In one particular when Briles said the police agreed to "Keep it quiet." McCaw responded with "That would be great if they kept it quiet!". He knew what was happening and resigned to save his ass. Now he lies about it. He was not simply employed at Baylor when things went sour. He allowed things to go that way under his watch. He has no place in college athletics.

Swaggert threads would really be a hoot. What was the secretary's name that he "lusted" with?
Jim Bakker had an affair with Jennifer Flowers. Jimmy Swaggart was caught outside a highway motel in Baton Rouge after being with a prostitute there. A few years later he was pulled over by CHP in Indio, California on I-10 with a prostitute in his car.

The problem people have is he was an obnoxious christian, who was supported by obnoxious christians, and he was dirtier than most non-believers, a cheater, and stupid too. My favorite christians are those who you would never know are christians except they are just good people to the core...but sometimes I think people go into it just to talk about the "special" group they belong to...

I suppose I don't look at people through the lens of "Christians I like" and "Christians I don't like" but rather people who do shitty things sometimes, but don't deserve to be blacklisted if they haven't commit a violent or harmful crime.

I'm sorry but after Penn St and Michigan St, most of these "scandals" are spilt milk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT