ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty /Costal Carolina

I hope Frost and Lubick are watching Liberty's offense.
Not able to watch right now, but I saw this was on and wanted to see what those teams looked like compared to ours... knowing their QBs put AM to shame on the stats this year... hoping Frosty would make some crutin calls after the game.

The RB reached the ball backwards and let go so he wouldn’t score with it. I still think the ball crossed the goal line first. Weird play.

Stupid try for two cost CCU the game. What a weird ending.
Probably not, since they likely would have just kicked the PAT to tie it at 34. I agree it was a dumb decision at the time, but they overcame it with the 2-point conversion late in the 4th.

Maybe Coastal still would have gone for two near the end and won it in regulation, but I doubt it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not able to watch right now, but I saw this was on and wanted to see what those teams looked like compared to ours... knowing their QBs put ,AM to shame on the stats this year... hoping Frosty would make some crutin calls after the game.
Actually, both qb over three receivers very similar to AM2. I do like CC offense. Really a triple option out of the pistol. The qbs still ended up being the leading rushers which in the BIG is a death sentence.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Actually, both qb over three receivers very similar to AM2. I do like CC offense. Really a triple option out of the pistol. The qbs still ended up being the leading rushers which in the BIG is a death sentence.

Coastal Carolina’s QB Grayson McCall is a freshman who threw for 23 TDs vs 2 INTs, 217 yds/game, 69% in 10 games

Liberty’s Malik Willis is a junior who threw 20 TDs vs 4 INTs, 226 yds/gm 64% in 9 games

AM: 4 TDs vs 3 INTs, 150 yds/gm, 71.5% in 7 games.
AM’s QBR gets a bump for level of defensive competition. I just can’t get past so few yds thrown (most are glorified handoffs) and the 4 vs 3 TD/INT

Last edited:
Not this year. But I think it would be a close game.
No. It would not. The sort term amnesia around here is out of hand. We finished second to last in the B1G. We were a bad football team. Two weeks after a season ending win vs the worst team in the conference we have posters liking our chances against teams in the top 10. Gotta love it.

Coastal Carolina’s QB Grayson McCall is a freshman who threw for 23 TDs vs 2 INTs, 217 yds/game, 69% in 10 games

Liberty’s Malik Willis is a junior who threw 20 TDs vs 4 INTs, 226 yds/gm 64% in 9 games

AM’s QBR gets a bump for level of defensive competition. I just can’t get past so few yds thrown (most are glorified handoffs) and the 4 vs 3 TD/INT

Willis is a transfer from Auburn

Reactions: HominidHusker

They weren't facing B1G defenses. That does matter. Not saying those QBs didn't look good last night. That said, they have some accuracy problems as well. Fun game to watch. Wild ending.

Reactions: Red I 73
They weren't facing B1G defenses. That does matter. Not saying those QBs didn't look good last night. That said, they have some accuracy problems as well. Fun game to watch. Wild ending.
12 out of 14 B1G teams had 9 TD passes or more, some with fewer games played... more than double AM.
I mentioned AM’s QBR gets bumped for level of competition (agree with you there), but the Liberty’s and Coastal Carolina’s are also playing with non-P5 talent on offense.

Could you imagine the uproar in the qb room if a transfer was brought in!! I'm sure there would be multiple players headed to the transfer portal. Might be Scott's final straw.
When a third year starter is bottom of the barrel with TD’s thrown, I’d say there’s not much loss there.
Luke will sit behind AM another year, so why not sit behind a grad transfer for one year?
I’m also not worried about Luke leaving if he couldn’t throw more TD’s than the bottom of the B1G barrel.
Accepting that level of production will keep us down when we should all be expecting more.

I’ll temper this with saying I still have hope our current QBs can improve, especially with more stable WR room hopefully.
But there’s just not enough evidence there while AM’s production has been declining each year with TDs thrown.

When a third year starter is bottom of the barrel with TD’s thrown, I’d say there’s not much loss there.
Luke will sit behind AM another year, so why not sit behind a grad transfer for one year?
I’m also not worried about Luke leaving if he couldn’t throw more TD’s than the bottom of the B1G barrel.
Accepting that level of production will keep us down when we should all be expecting more.

I’ll temper this with saying I still have hope our current QBs can improve, especially with more stable WR room hopefully.
But there’s just not enough evidence there while AM’s production has been declining each year with TDs thrown.
Year 1 Stanley & JD. Year 2 JD. Year 3 Who? Sure makes a difference in having experienced receivers who have had good coaching. Not having a decent receivers coach that can develop talent has hurt that room.

No. It would not. The sort term amnesia around here is out of hand. We finished second to last in the B1G. We were a bad football team. Two weeks after a season ending win vs the worst team in the conference we have posters liking our chances against teams in the top 10. Gotta love it.
Most of our games were close, so I don't think it would be a lopsided loss. But we'll never know.
I don't see any reason why it would be close. Both are well coached teams with very good qb's.
We played most B1G teams close this year, including the winner of the West. I’m not saying that we would win, but I think we would make it close.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
So does Nebraska beat either team?

Both of those teams run that swing pass the way it is suppose to be run Sharp crisp throw to a running back going full speed forward not this flufball backwards stuff that ends up in fumbles or negative plays

Most of our games were close, so I don't think it would be a lopsided loss. But we'll never know.

We played most B1G teams close this year, including the winner of the West. I’m not saying that we would win, but I think we would make it close.
We couldn't even play Illinois close.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
ADVERTISEMENT