ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty & Coastal Carolina?

fyrefightr

Walk On
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2004
Simpsonville, SC
Just saw the ESPN way too early top 25 and how the hell are teams like Liberty and Coastal Carolina ranked above Nebraska. Just pointing out the obvious how far we have fallen. That is absolutely crazy but until we win, I doubt anyone will vote for us.

Just saw the ESPN way too early top 25 and how the hell are teams like Liberty and Coastal Carolina ranked above Nebraska. Just pointing out the obvious how far we have fallen. That is absolutely crazy but until we win, I doubt anyone will vote for us.
They had great years, and they absolutely should be ranked ahead of us. If you're asking how they got there, it's all due to coaching.

Reactions: Red I 73

Good teams in a very bad conference. Props to them but your logic says they're better than 100 teams in the FBS

Reactions: WHCSC
I respect what they did last year but they'd be a .500 team at best in most power 5 conferences.

Stupid of the bowls not to pit these teams against decent power 5

I would have loved to see NW v Coastal Carolina or something like that

Reactions: Baxter48
Liberty is Independent

True, but they didn't exactly play a Power 5 schedule...

Western Kentucky (5-7, C-USA)
Florida International (0-5, CUSA)
North Alabama (0-4, Big South)
UL-Monroe (0-10, Sun Belt)
Syracuse (1-10, ACC)
Southern Miss (3-7, C-USA)
Virginia Tech (5-6, ACC)
Western Carolina (0-3, Southern)
NC State (8-4, ACC)
Massachusetts (0-4, Independent)

So, the teams they've played are a combined 22-60. They've played 3 Power 5 teams, and the only P5 team they played with a winning record (actually the only team with a winning record PERIOD) they lost to.

Don't get me wrong, building that record is impressive given how new they are to FBS either way, but let's not pretend they played anything remotely resembling even our schedule. Looking at their schedule, we'd probably finish 7-3 worst case playing their schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC and timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT