ADVERTISEMENT

Let's revisit the poll to leave the B1G...

Should we stay in the B1G?

• Stay

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Go back to the Big 12

Votes: 44 53.7%
  • Go Independent

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Go to a different conference

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Many on here seem to support our membership in the conference just a while back. However some seem to be publicly changing their mind after today's BS. Let's do a revote and see...

Many on here seem to support our membership in the conference just a while back. However some seem to be publicly changing their mind after today's BS. Let's do a revote and see...
I was growing weary of the B1G because of how they canceled, but after the last 36 hours, F*** this conference. I'm all for supporting donu going back to the big 12

In my opinion- we should go back to the Big 12. I cannot stand the Big 10. I understand we make more money but this conference is biased against Nebraska and you see it all the time. From the officiating at games to every decision/request from UNL. They always go against Nebraska no matter the request. They are in love with Michigan and Ohio State. Michigan and Ohio State run this conference. If Ohio State requested to play a game outside of the conference in this situation you know they would have say yes! I did not like leaving the Big 12 and Oklahoma in the first place. I am sure the Big 12 would take us back in a heart beat.

Remember folks.....when we were in the Big XII, every vote was against what Nebraska (Osborne) wanted at the time. Do we really think things have changed? Especially Texas and now maybe Oklahoma, because they ultimately prevented the demise of the Big XII by challenging Texas on revenue issues, rule the Big XII. Secondly, how big of a revenue hit would Nebraska take and for how long if we tried to rejoin the Big XII? What would be our negotiating advantage resulting from recent football and basketball results? Former Big 8 schools like K-Sate, Iowa State, and Kansas (except for football) are equal or superior to us in the 2 sports right now.

Reactions: snowling
I think NU was a better fit in the Big 12, but don't forget CU, A&M, and Missouri also left. It's just not the same conference. While many have scoffed at the idea, is joining the SEC a possibility? What if we could pull in Oklahoma? In a 16 team conference NU would go to the West with Alabama and Auburn going to the East.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Remember folks.....when we were in the Big XII, every vote was against what Nebraska (Osborne) wanted at the time. Do we really think things have changed? Especially Texas and now maybe Oklahoma, because they ultimately prevented the demise of the Big XII by challenging Texas on revenue issues, rule the Big XII. Secondly, how big of a revenue hit would Nebraska take and for how long if we tried to rejoin the Big XII? What would be our negotiating advantage resulting from recent football and basketball results? Former Big 8 schools like K-Sate, Iowa State, and Kansas (except for football) are equal or superior to us in the 2 sports right now.

Nope. You make a very good point.

I would love to see us go independent personally, if we could secure a TV contract with NBC or Fox or something.

Ultimately, I liked moving to the Big Ten and would like to stay, but if this is what we are going to have to deal with......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT