ADVERTISEMENT

Let's go Ladies,,

What makes it worse is their coach reminds me of this guy for some reason. Friggin Iceland. Coulda used Emilio on our side tonight.
latest

We are going to miss the heck out of Foecke and Maloney. They carried us tonight. Stivrens and Sweet were awesome. Hamlin and Sun have some growing up to do.

Reactions: Baxter48 and wholeo
What makes it worse is their coach reminds me of this guy for some reason. Friggin Iceland. Coulda used Emilio on our side tonight.
latest
Seriously am I the only one?
Slick that guys hair back and thats him!
Same face. Same douchey look. Same evil.

I mean...do those refs know what conclusive means?
Would have been zero scandal calling it inconclusive.
I get sick and tired of the standards for replay being made up at the whims of the officials present. If the standard is that there must be indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the court(which is what it is supposed to be), there is absolutely no way any person can say it is indisputable that the ball was in. If the call on the court means nothing(which seems to be the way they treated it), then stop this nonsense about the call on the court meaning anything. Use a consistent standard for the calls. If the ball had been called in and we challenged it, they wouldn't have had enough evidence to overturn it in our favor. It should have been the same way for the ball being called out.

I get sick and tired of the standards for replay being made up at the whims of the officials present. If the standard is that there must be indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the court(which is what it is supposed to be), there is absolutely no way any person can say it is indisputable that the ball was in. If the call on the court means nothing(which seems to be the way they treated it), then stop this nonsense about the call on the court meaning anything. Use a consistent standard for the calls. If the ball had been called in and we challenged it, they wouldn't have had enough evidence to overturn it in our favor. It should have been the same way for the ball being called out.
Agree, but slightly disagree. (I think there could have been evidence to overturn it to out, but i certainly wouldnt have been up in arms had they called it in and said indisputable.)
They also need to go back and learn about shapes. The center of the ball was clearly out, and thats the first point of contact for a sphere, and at first contact the ball is dead.
Not only was the ball out, clearly, but as said, was not disputable.

But we won the next two points, so it would have been 13-13.

We all know that those points might not have played out that way if it was overturned...there is no way to know what would have happened. I believe the overturn was wrong and the replay showed it.

Wonder if Coach Cook sees a closer view of the replay before the press conference.

Agree, but slightly disagree. (I think there could have been evidence to overturn it to out, but i certainly wouldnt have been up in arms had they called it in and said indisputable.)
They also need to go back and learn about shapes. The center of the ball was clearly out, and thats the first point of contact for a sphere, and at first contact the ball is dead.
Not only was the ball out, clearly, but as said, was not disputable.
I actually agree, I think geometry plays a part in many sports replays. There seems to be a lack of commen sense in directionality and changes In movements in all sports.

Some basic knowledge of how a ball would react would go a long way. I expect replay officials know this though....

I wasn't all that impressed with Stanford tbh. They sure as hell wouldn't go 20 and 0 in the big ten.

Then we scored twice. May very well have cost us the repeat.
The call was awful and clearly the ball was out, but if that's close Sun has to go get that. What cost this team the title were the 2 service errors in game 5. You can't spot Stanford 2 points in a 15 point game.

We are going to miss the heck out of Foecke and Maloney. They carried us tonight. Stivrens and Sweet were awesome. Hamlin and Sun have some growing up to do.
Hopefully Cook and instill some aggression in Schwarzenbach. She really needs to up her game. How many times did opposing setters, instead of setting to their team, just tip the ball right over her head. She stood there looking at it like she didn't have a clue. Most Frustrating!

This picture will definitely piss off some liberal politicians. Look for Stanford to get booted from Cali.

No need to always demonize the opponents... if they were wearing red, we would love them...

No need to always demonize the opponents... if they were wearing red, we would love them...
They have demonized themselves with that whiteboard crap. No one had anything bad to say in this thread (except some trash talk about their coach) until the whiteboard. Even then, no one is really picking up much on the whiteboard either.

I guess I think we have treated them pretty fairly in this thread.

Well ,with reason...... I just think we ( myself included) tend to find reasons to make something bigger than it is

my first reaction was..why are they blow-drying Herbie Husker? My second reaction was...you can take the girl out of the trailer park and put her at Stanford....but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

Just happy that I can confidently say...this white board would not have happened in the Nebraska locker room.

my first reaction was..why are they blow-drying Herbie Husker? My second reaction was...you can take the girl out of the trailer park and put her at Stanford....but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl.

Just happy that I can confidently say...this white board would not have happened in the Nebraska locker room.
I totally agree... but this goes back to you can only control who YOU are, not others

OK, so none of the Stanford players are Biology majors. Unless there is a strange genetic defect in California that renders a person with 2 right hands.

Didn't get to see the match, but it looks like a hell of an effort on paper. What does next year look like for this team? Are they going to be contenders next year as well?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT