ADVERTISEMENT

Let the speculation begin

This is a really interesting time for Nebraska at the QB spot. The guys on our roster are definitely more NFL types, even if Gebbia has some mobility, he doesn't seem like a guy where you design 5-7 QB runs in the offense. I wouldn't blame all three for transferring, but that could be a mess next year.

While POB has a bit more mobility than Lee, he doesn't have the quicks. If Frost and crew would happen to land a big name dual-threat QB, it's not out of the question he could start the next four seasons, ala JT Barrett, Hurt, etc.
You don't have to be a burner to run Frost's offense and if his coach teaches him how to run with authority, he could be very effective running Frost's offense. He looked pretty darned good to me running the ball when he was pressed in to action when Lee went down. POB himself said after we hired Frost that he though he was a good fit for Frost's offense. I think Gebbia's athleticism from what i saw in the spring game is very under valued. The kid has some wheels. Austin Bunch is probably the most athletic of the 3 but I don't think he has Gebbia's arm or accuracy.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Don’t think gebbia burned his shirt did he? Which game?
I meant he's used it. That's burning it to me. I can't imagine he wants to sit out another year before he could play. I expect him or POB to be our starting QB next fall. Hopefully we can sign a true freshman that they can get ready to take the reins if need be.

Reactions: timnsun
I meant he's used it. That's burning it to me. I can't imagine he wants to sit out another year before he could play. I expect him or POB to be our starting QB next fall. Hopefully we can sign a true freshman that they can get ready to take the reins if need be.
He could go play at a juco next year and have 3 years to play wherever he wanted. I hope he stays though.

POB wouldn't likely have the JUCO option at all if he has too many credits.

He could go play at a juco next year and have 3 years to play wherever he wanted. I hope he stays though.

POB wouldn't likely have the JUCO option at all if he has too many credits.
IF I were Frost, I would tell Gebbia (and I don't think it's that crazy) that he reminds me of Marcus Mariotta when he came to campus at OU. We need him to stay and compete to be a 3 year starter for us. POB, Gebbia or even Lee can be successful in Frost's offense and Frost is smart enough to tailor some wrinkles and play calling for each guy's skill sets. TO did it with Berringer and Frazier.

Reactions: timnsun
I do believe some new coach at UCLA might have visited Bookie. Do we think we have a real chance?

IF I were Frost, I would tell Gebbia (and I don't think it's that crazy) that he reminds me of Marcus Mariotta when he came to campus at OU. We need him to stay and compete to be a 3 year starter for us. POB, Gebbia or even Lee can be successful in Frost's offense and Frost is smart enough to tailor some wrinkles and play calling for each guy's skill sets. TO did it with Berringer and Frazier.

Lot of Husker fans sleeping on Gebbia for some reason. The Spring Game is on YouTube...just go take another look if you need any more proof he can be the QB for the next 3-4 years. Kid is an athlete and appears to have the intangibles. Calling him skinny is weak...he was basically a high school senior playing in the Spring Game. Could easily put 40+ pounds on his frame over the next few years.

Lot of Husker fans sleeping on Gebbia for some reason. The Spring Game is on YouTube...just go take another look if you need any more proof he can be the QB for the next 3-4 years. Kid is an athlete and appears to have the intangibles. Calling him skinny is weak...he was basically a high school senior playing in the Spring Game. Could easily put 40+ pounds on his frame over the next few years.
They seem to have gotten it into their heads that Scott Frost couldn't possibly figure out wtf to do with a very accurate QB who studies his ass off and happens not to run a 4.5.

We can grasp the idea that a guy who lacks an NFL arm can be an efficient passer, but can't fathom that a guy who is just ok a runner could pick up a first down with his legs here and there...

Reactions: dinglefritz
They seem to have gotten it into their heads that Scott Frost couldn't possibly figure out wtf to do with a very accurate QB who studies his ass off and happens not to run a 4.5.

We can grasp the idea that a guy who lacks an NFL arm can be an efficient passer, but can't fathom that a guy who is just ok a runner could pick up a first down with his legs here and there...

After watching Frost's offense the past two weeks, it would seem an accurate passer with just enough juice in his legs would easily trump an athlete that can only make a handful of throws.

Reactions: TheBeav815
After watching Frost's offense the past two weeks, it would seem an accurate passer with just enough juice in his legs would easily trump an athlete that can only make a handful of throws.
TG had 10 rushing touchdowns his senior year. I don't find his 40 time anywhere, but how slow could he be?

Don't know the depth at UCLA. I would think he would see the field right away if he came here.

They have Darnay Holmes on one side and not sure about the other but Warren G's kid is committed and he is a legit baller.

Don't know the depth at UCLA. I would think he would see the field right away if he came here.
You gotta believe he would. The DB play has been atrocious with a couple exceptions. What I like about Bookie is what I like about Domann: attitude. Just plays aggressively like it's his football and you're the idiot for thinking you could borrow it.

Was incredibly bummed that Jojo got hurt like he did. All said and done, it may be a blessing in disguise for him to have missed this season and to get 4 more starting in 2018, but I'm sure he didn't feel that way at the time.

Really hope the new coach can get LJ out of his head and back to playing ball.

Reactions: dinglefritz
They have Darnay Holmes on one side and not sure about the other but Warren G's kid is committed and he is a legit baller.
Would you say that he can...regulate...on a WR?

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT