ADVERTISEMENT

Leipold is impressive

Why leave Kansas? You can’t be serious.

I thought the same thing before today. But with OU and Texas leaving, Leipold could legit complete for Big 12 titles. Does he really want to leave to try to rebuild Nebraska at 59 years old in a conference with teams like Ohio State, Michigan, and USC?

And KU is going throw the bank at him to get him to stay. If he wins 8-9 games this year, they will probably triple his salary.

Reactions: mavsker
That’s assuming that there will be a Big 12

There will be...where are these teams going to go? The new playoff system will give automatic bids to the Top 6 conference champs. It will be much easier to make the playoffs in the Big 12 than the Big Ten.

That was what we all thought about Frost at UCF until he failed here. You just never know.
Daniels was there before Leipold if I'm not mistaken.

Just saying - Frost went and recruited Milton to bail him out. Leipold uses what he has if he can and seems to do well at it. All starts with the oline, and that's the first unit he seems to prioritize improving. We need that for sure.

Why would Leipold leave Kansas for NU? Look at the KU stadium right now. Tight game with a chance to go 4-0 against another undefeated team and the stands have tons of empty seats. That is why you leave Kansas

Reactions: BleedRed78
Why would Leipold leave Kansas for NU? Look at the KU stadium right now. Tight game with a chance to go 4-0 against another undefeated team and the stands have tons of empty seats. That is why you leave Kansas
It was a sellout today. How did they have empty seats?

Plus resources. Facilities, recruits, money, staff budget, travel and recruiting budget. Etc, etc, etc.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The defense came up and stopped them on 4th down. Pretty solid win all things considered. KU offense averaged over 9 yards per play today

There's probably a pickup basketball game at the Phog, thus 15,000 went over there to be entertained. THAT's KU. I taught there for four years. Football is little more than an afterthought once October 1 hits, unless, of course, they're 11-1 as they were in 2007.

Next 5 games will all be a challenge for KU. Will be interesting to see where they stand at the end of October.
Yeah, tough slate for sure. I think they're a step above Kansas State, Iowa State and Texas tech. Not sure they've got the talent to compete with Baylor, okie state and Oklahoma. Texas is a toss up because there is no school that does less with more. They were struggling against Texas San Antonio last week, a pretty good program in their own right, but definitely not on the longhorns level.

I want to see them be competitive with every team left on their schedule.

Definitely an excellent start... Sort of reminiscent of 2009, they beat Duke that season too... They were 4-0 heading into a week 5 matchup vs Iowa St who they have next week... However, after beating ISU to start 5-0, they lost the next 7 and failed to make a bowl... It also started a whopping 46 road game losing streak which lasted until 2018...

Reactions: headcard
Yeah, tough slate for sure. I think they're a step above Kansas State, Iowa State and Texas tech. Not sure they've got the talent to compete with Baylor, okie state and Oklahoma. Texas is a toss up because there is no school that does less with more. They were struggling against Texas San Antonio last week, a pretty good program in their own right, but definitely not on the longhorns level.

I want to see them be competitive with every team left on their schedule.

Next week will be interesting as ISU will be the first team they have played with a pulse on defense.

I have to admit as much as I think Aranda would be a home run, his O/C Grimes is very impressive play caller and could see him be considered too..

Been saying this since last year!

Reactions: drubendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT