ADVERTISEMENT

Leipold is impressive

Guessing Leipold will have offers to take decent to good/great, not mindnumbingly bad to decent....

But what if he insisted on bringing his whole staff with him?
I am all in on him now. I was not but I am now.

I also think most fans would love him because he is so milquetoast and I don't mean that in a bad way...but he is the type of coach that even our dorkiest most "look at me" posters would have a hard time creating rumors about.

Two things I don't like about Leipold:

1 - He's almost 60 years old

2 - How would he fix our terrible defense?

I feel like we either need to hire a great defensive coach, or someone that we know will bring a very good D.C.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Been on the Leipold train for awhile now. I just worry when he drops some games at KU the love fest will be over. I am crossing my fingers for 8 wins so that Nebraska will be okay picking him up.
I would think that Trev would not be swayed if Leipold is the guy, unless the wheels fall off. But who knows?

Reactions: Truewooper
Been on the Leipold train for awhile now. I just worry when he drops some games at KU the love fest will be over. I am crossing my fingers for 8 wins so that Nebraska will be okay picking him up.
You expect him to lose some games at Kansas. It is Kansas after all. But he's got those boys believing.

Reactions: Truewooper
My only concern:
He was spectacular at UWW for years. Why was Buffalo the only team to give him a look? And then why only Kansas?
I don't know why he stayed at Whitewater as long as he did. But he skipped a level and went from D3 to D1 and was successful. He worked his way up in his younger years learning the trade. I don't care, the guy clearly knows how to put a team together a staff and a game plan. His teams play hard and they don't beat themselves. Kansas fans know that we are interested in they are worried.

Kansas looked impressive....of course it could be that Houston is not very good. However, the offense Leipolds run is fun to watch....both lines played well...everything Nebraska has issues with.

ADVERTISEMENT