ADVERTISEMENT

Leipold is impressive

But what if he insisted on bringing his whole staff with him?
We tell him Mickey has to be Co-Head Coach because he is a likeable guy. We also dictate that he uses Charlie McBrides defensive scheme and he must meet with Dr Tom weekly. Regarding the rest of the staff. Nobody can be friends outside of football related activities.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC and headcard
This isn’t the 90’s … And It’s that level of misplaced arrogance that has Nebraska bottoming out as quite possibly the worst P5 team this year.
Well you KU fans would know all about being the worst P5 team. You've been it since Mangino left. Yes we are at rock bottom but if you think Leipold would stay at a bottom feeder basketball school in the fledgling XII rather than going to a blueblood with an incredible fan base, brand new facilities and double the money in the Power 2 you are in for a rude awakening my friend.

His name was never in Moos desk drawer..

Lance had records of 5-7, 2-10 and 6-6 from 2015-2017 at Buffalo..
The only thing in his drawer was scotch, and the name of the biggest loser in program history he was handed by that little b1tch matt davison

Reactions: beaglehusker
Outside of the pipe dream guys, LL looks really good. Could he be any better than Bo Pelini is my question at his height?
How does LL do in his post game conferences? Does he have multiple personality fits of rage on the sidelines? It wasn’t Bo’s record that doomed him. It was his attitude towards the media and fanbase that did him in.

Well you KU fans would know all about being the worst P5 team. You've been it since Mangino left. Yes we are at rock bottom but if you think Leipold would stay at a bottom feeder basketball school in the fledgling XII rather than going to a blueblood with an incredible fan base, brand new facilities and double the money in the Power 2 you are in for a rude awakening my friend.
Yes we would know all about it. But you’re in for a rude awakening if you think its going to be that easy lol. But I’m not here to fight, just wanted to say its not going to be as easy as you think to get HCLL if thats where Trev wants to go. Hope you guys pull your waders up. MJ will never get the job, but I like him. Have a good rest of the season gents.

Coming to a Nebraska board to tell them they could never hire a coach from KU is definitely arrogant. I’ll give you that.
I never said they could never hire a coach from KU. Leipold may very well end up here. My issue is the idea that "We're Nebraska...if we offer they will come." It's that kind of overconfident thinking that needs to get washed away...might have been true 20 years ago, but those days are LONG gone. It sounds incredibly stupid when you look at our body of work over the past couple of decades. And, I don't just "come to the Nebraska board". I've been here for a long time, have season tickets and donate $$$ to the athletic department every year for football and basketball. I want the program to do well. I'm also a KU fan and would prefer Liepold stay there. I won't be surprised if he leaves.

Reactions: American Horse
Time for Alberts to go and talk to Leipolds agent and see if he's interested in coaching a team in dire straits. I only hope Kansas doesn't have the cash to come up with an extension to his existing his contract. Nebraska is a hot mess right now and it's going to take a special coach to turn this thing around and I feel Leipold is that type coach.

Here's something to ponder:

Kansas has added 31 transfers since Leipold's arrival, and the roster looks completely different than it did during Miles' tenure. Since June 2021, 45% of the scholarship players have changed.

Along with investing in Leipold, Kansas is looking at ways to put more into the program's infrastructure. Kansas is in the exploration phase of a significant facilities overhaul, which includes the football stadium and plans for a renovated day-to-day operations center for the program.

Leipold arrived at Kansas after a strong stint at Buffalo, where he led the Bulls to three consecutive bowl games and the only two bowl wins in school history. He is one of the most accomplished coaches in the history of Division III football, as he led Wisconsin-Whitewater to six national titles and went 109-6 in his eight seasons there.

I know Leipold has a contract through 2027 with Kansas right around 16.5 million I believe but I'm not sure what his buy out is, someone else may know.

Last edited:
Time for Alberts to go and talk to Leipolds agent and see if he's interested in coaching a team in dire straits. I only hope Kansas doesn't have the cash to come up with an extension to his existing his contract. Nebraska is a hot mess right now and it's going to take a special coach to turn this thing around and I feel Leipold is that type coach.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see his agent’s hard work pay off in the form of an extension this week

would just mean another $10M in buyout basically - an absolute no-brainer for all parties

Reactions: BleedRed78
Just wondering how impressive he will be if he starts losing? 😁 we do blow hot and cold with all the hyberbole.
You could pretty much say that with any coach hired at Nebraska, eventually a coach Nebraska hires will get it right.

Reactions: scarletred
KU isn’t just going to let HCLL walk - they’re going to pay $ to keep him. It isn’t going to be that easy to pull him away from us.
He started at Nebraska bro in case you don’t know his bio… so yes, we can pull him easily

IF… he’s the guy. We still want Urban first so we shall see

I know Leipold has a contract through 2027 with Kansas right around 16.5 million I believe but I'm not sure what his buy out is, someone else may know.
$5 million if he leaves before January 1, 2023. It drops to $4 million if he leaves after that date.

Reactions: BleedRed78
KU isn’t just going to let HCLL walk - they’re going to pay $ to keep him. It isn’t going to be that easy to pull him away from us.
You could say that of pretty much any school but it really all comes down to the man and his wishes. Leipold very well may want to finish his career at Kansas and he may like it in the Sunflower state but who really knows what he truly wants. Like it or not I think inquiries will happen and the only way you stop it is with a super extension to his existing contract and make his buy out so big no one would touch it.

I doubt Leipold would agree to a super buy out because believe it or not there are other schools he would be happy to coach for. We're going to find out this year where things are headed and Leipold is a hot commodity right now and is on Nebraska's hot list along with Notre Dame if things don't turn around for them.

$5 million if he leaves before January 1, 2023. It drops to $4 million if he leaves after that date.
In other words - Kansas negotiated a diminutive buyout to protect themselves from paying a large sum if they fired him rather than a huge buyout to prevent others from poaching him. Sounds like they weren’t all in

we paid frost an extra 7.5 mil just to not coach 2 more games

Thanks, now we know Kansas can't alter his buy out. I think Leipold is in the final running to become Nebraska's next HC and a good one at that. I would imagine Alberts would try and work out a deal as soon as the season is over for Leipold and pay the five to acquire his services. I feel for the Kansas faithful but they must realize the Kansas job is not a dream job for most coaches, it's a stepping stone.

I want a coach that's been at a big time program.

And has coached big time talent.

He started at Nebraska bro in case you don’t know his bio… so yes, we can pull him easily

IF… he’s the guy. We still want Urban first so we shall see
I don’t think there is snowball’s chance in hell Urban comes here.

He’s impressive now until he goes 5-7. It’s all whatever. He could do well here but just wait till we don’t win in year two and are 6-6 or 5-7 everyone will like him then.

I don’t think there is snowball’s chance in hell Urban comes here.
Well… yeah.. agree there. We probably already got turned down so on to the next.
There are so many others that would do much better than Frost, but the timing is such that we may not know anything for several weeks still

And be comfortable in the NIL/portal world that we live in. He's more impressive than Campbell to me, if he can prove to Trev that he's ready to play in that cesspool.
They are making the most of the portal. Added 19 players last year, the most in the Big 12. They had 12 scholarship players and walk-ons leave after the spring game, non-contributors all of them. It has been very difficult for Kansas to get 85 players on scholarship for several years now. They had just six during the early signing period in December. They may have a few players left over from Les miles era, but make no mistake, they are trying to upgrade their roster as quickly as possible

Fair question bc he's one of those types that would. NU fans would bitch like crazy.
Our fans are as ignorant as any in college football. We think we get to dictate who the assistants are just because. None of us could name a single guy on his staff, but we know that we can do better. Absurd.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT