ADVERTISEMENT

Legalized Sports Betting in KS - A Review

Husker4real

Senior
Nov 25, 2017
/I'm unclear what the betting landscape will look like in Nebraska (It's my understanding it will become legal at some point). It became legal in Kansas on 9/1, so I took advantage of the pretty cool sign-on bonuses.

There are 6 apps that are authorized to operate: Draft Kings, Fan Duel, MGM, Caesar's, Barstool, & PointsBet. I only opened accounts at the first 3, as the others all required a deposit in order to make a 'risk-free' bet.

MGM - 4 free $50 wagers to be used by 9/13. I am saving these for the NFL games this week. They promo'd $200 in free bets, but note that it is limited to the aforementioned $50 dollar bets.

Fan Duel - $100 in free bets. These have to be placed by 9/8. These can be carved up any way you like. They also had a cool gimmicky bet on the OSU-ND game, where you would win your bet if either team scored. I put $40 on that bet, and right after the first score, there was another $40 in my account. Note that the money won on the free bets can be used any way you like. You can keep betting, you can use it on fantasy sports, or you can cash it out.

Draft Kings - $100 in free bets. This is broken into 4, $25 bets. These need to be used by 9/8 as well. They had a follow up bonus where you could get an additional $200 in free bets if you made just a $5.00 bet on any college game over the weekend. I deposited $25 there in order to make a $5 bet on Clemson -22. They immediately added another 8, $25 bets to my account. Those need to be used by 9/13.

In summary, there is very little down-side to the free bets - only the limitations noted above. Also, once you make the bet, you can't cancel it - so be careful. But if you win the free bets, the cash is yours to keep.

After all of the free bets are exhausted, I will most likely consolidate into one app (most likely Draft Kings, since I have used them for fantasy football for several years).

/I'm unclear what the betting landscape will look like in Nebraska (It's my understanding it will become legal at some point). It became legal in Kansas on 9/1, so I took advantage of the pretty cool sign-on bonuses.

There are 6 apps that are authorized to operate: Draft Kings, Fan Duel, MGM, Caesar's, Barstool, & PointsBet. I only opened accounts at the first 3, as the others all required a deposit in order to make a 'risk-free' bet.

MGM - 4 free $50 wagers to be used by 9/13. I am saving these for the NFL games this week. They promo'd $200 in free bets, but note that it is limited to the aforementioned $50 dollar bets.

Fan Duel - $100 in free bets. These have to be placed by 9/8. These can be carved up any way you like. They also had a cool gimmicky bet on the OSU-ND game, where you would win your bet if either team scored. I put $40 on that bet, and right after the first score, there was another $40 in my account. Note that the money won on the free bets can be used any way you like. You can keep betting, you can use it on fantasy sports, or you can cash it out.

Draft Kings - $100 in free bets. This is broken into 4, $25 bets. These need to be used by 9/8 as well. They had a follow up bonus where you could get an additional $200 in free bets if you made just a $5.00 bet on any college game over the weekend. I deposited $25 there in order to make a $5 bet on Clemson -22. They immediately added another 8, $25 bets to my account. Those need to be used by 9/13.

In summary, there is very little down-side to the free bets - only the limitations noted above. Also, once you make the bet, you can't cancel it - so be careful. But if you win the free bets, the cash is yours to keep.

After all of the free bets are exhausted, I will most likely consolidate into one app (most likely Draft Kings, since I have used them for fantasy football for several years).
Just go from one app to the next. Either win a bunch and withdraw or move onto the next when you lose. The apps that have your accounts at zero for a while will send you deposit match promotions. I’ve got a crap ton of futures bets for MLB based on those promotions and free bets.

It's all fun and games till you find yourself betting on an Indian cricket match at 2am! Talking about a friend btw.... probably....

The rollover requirements mean you probably won't be withdrawing soon
At least with the Fan Duel winnings, they are available for withdrawal now. I’ll see this weekend on the other sites - assuming I don’t go 0-12.

You only have to drive 2 miles or so South of our border to do it on mobile (I’ve been told, it was definitely not me)

I rarely use legal betting shops. It would be logical to wonder if illegal betting shops are suitable for full-fledged betting. In principle, making bets to deposit and withdraw funds is possible. If the bookmaker has a good reputation and works in this field, it is possible to cooperate with him. However, in complicated situations, a bettor may have problems. It will be more difficult for him to prove his case and win the dispute. In such cases, watching College Football Computer Picks is advisable before making a bet. Be careful, and don't make rash bets.

Last edited:
/I'm unclear what the betting landscape will look like in Nebraska (It's my understanding it will become legal at some point).
So, what exactly is the situation in Nebraska? It appears obvious that progress has been slowed to a crawl by the paternal political forces in our state. But will these sports betting apps even be legal? Or is it just sports betting at sports books?

Sports betting has long been a popular activity for sports fans around the world. However, in many places, it remains illegal, which has driven people to seek out unregulated and potentially unsafe options. Legalizing sports betting, as is the case on sites like w88.com, can provide a number of benefits. For one, it allows for better regulation and oversight, which can help prevent fraud and ensure that bets are being placed fairly. It also provides revenue for governments, which can be used to fund important initiatives like education and healthcare.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Statists are too blind to recognize that fact.
It's actually a complicated subject that can't be contained in a slogan or cliche.
But unfortunately that's the mindset of a public that elects representatives based on how many yard signs they see.

Sports betting has long been a popular activity for sports fans around the world. However, in many places, it remains illegal, which has driven people to seek out unregulated and potentially unsafe options.
Another GPT bot. I'm on another site that has seen them increase their activity.

Saw an article that said its very hard to withdraw your money from these sites. Anyone have experience with that one way or the other?

Thanks for sharing your experience with the sign-on bonuses for the legalized sports betting apps in Kansas! It's interesting to see how different apps offer different promotions and free bets. I'm also curious about the situation in Nebraska. It's frustrating when political forces slow down progress, especially when it comes to something like sports betting, which can be a fun and harmless activity for many people. I hope that Nebraska follows in the footsteps of other states and legalizes sports betting, including the use of apps. Have you checked out any sports betting apps from other states? I've recently discovered Free Sports Picks, and I would like to know if anyone has tried it.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
Saw an article that said its very hard to withdraw your money from these sites. Anyone have experience with that one way or the other?
I've never had an issue

much more reliable than the old caribbean stuff

Thanks for sharing your experience with betting apps in Kansas! It's always great to hear about different sign-up bonuses and promotions. As for Nebraska, it's definitely exciting that sports betting will become legal there too. It's worth researching to see which apps will be authorized to operate there and if they offer similar sign-up bonuses and promotions.
Speaking of promotions, check out paper-bird.net. It's the official online soccer betting choice of many bettors in Indonesia, and they offer some great promotions and bonuses as well. It might be worth checking out if you're a football-betting fan. Thanks again for sharing your experience, and happy betting!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT