ADVERTISEMENT

Legalize weed already...

Name calling and losing your temper. Good job, man. Another internet keyboard warrior tough guy. Childish name calling. Anyone can do that, and it just ruins the boards.

You gave a good response to #1, and I appreciated that. You inferred you had some experience/knowledge, which is why I wrote you back. I wouldn't mind responding to #2, but at #3 you went off the rails, so nevermind.

Anyways, this thread has worn itself out. People brought up points on both sides, no one is changing their opinion. Now off to argue about the expanded playoff proposal....
Why are you even posting on this board. Go shill for legal weed in Minnesota

Name calling and losing your temper. Good job, man. Another internet keyboard warrior tough guy. Childish name calling. Anyone can do that, and it just ruins the boards.

You gave a good response to #1, and I appreciated that. You inferred you had some experience/knowledge, which is why I wrote you back. I wouldn't mind responding to #2, but at #3 you went off the rails, so nevermind.

Anyways, this thread has worn itself out. People brought up points on both sides, no one is changing their opinion. Now off to argue about the expanded playoff proposal....
Internet keyboard warrior tough guy? Why, because i called you an idiot? You stoners are a stange lot. Didn't lose my temper at all, and you started the insults Beavis. Tootles.

Internet keyboard warrior tough guy? Why, because i called you an idiot? You stoners are a stange lot. Didn't lose my temper at all, and you started the insults Beavis. Tootles.
You went into Bill O'Reilly mode.

Do you really think that if I drove my stash to Nebraska, smoked weed and got high, went to the game, smoked the rest of the day, and drove home the next day...that anyone in Neb would be aware of the crime? I sure don't.
This could one of most rediculous comparisons one could make. If you drive 120 miles an hour and all through town but don't get caught doesn't mean a "crime" wasn't committed or there wasn't potential for a problem. You make an assumption that you are only putting you at risk and only you are benefiting from the high. But that is the problem isn't it? It's always "you" and you feel and what you want, the heck with everyone else.

Reactions: Sinomatic
In the short term, marijuana use impairs perception, judgment, thinking, memory, and learning; memory defects may persist six weeks after last use. Mental disorders connected with marijuana use merit their own category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) IV, published by the American Psychiatric Association. These include Cannabis Intoxication (consisting of impaired motor coordination, anxiety, impaired judgment, sensation of slowed time, social withdrawal, and often includes perceptual disturbances; Cannabis Intoxication Delirium (memory deficit, disorientation); Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Delusions; Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Hallucinations; and Cannabis Induced Anxiety Disorder.

legalize welfare cases getting jobs, and the government actually doing it job, like establishing a border

In the short term, marijuana use impairs perception, judgment, thinking, memory, and learning; memory defects may persist six weeks after last use. Mental disorders connected with marijuana use merit their own category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) IV, published by the American Psychiatric Association. These include Cannabis Intoxication (consisting of impaired motor coordination, anxiety, impaired judgment, sensation of slowed time, social withdrawal, and often includes perceptual disturbances; Cannabis Intoxication Delirium (memory deficit, disorientation); Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Delusions; Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Hallucinations; and Cannabis Induced Anxiety Disorder.

legalize welfare cases getting jobs, and the government actually doing it job, like establishing a border
government is too busy crushing the working class

When you give a gift card, you must follow a dozen different rules. First, you must find a gift cardholder. Then you must pick it up. Then you must read the card. Then it would help if you decided whether it looks good. Then it would be best if you decided whether it is good. Then it would help if you decided whether it is worth giving. Also, it would be best if you decided whether it has a high enough balance. Then you must determine whether it is worth giving to a particular person. I think 420 Coupons could be a good choice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
How does this affect body chemistry when trying to perform, heal, and progress as an athlete?

I've got to think that humans were not designed to inhale smoke of any kind, so that would lead me to believe weed does not in fact help any athlete's condition.

It may help a cancer patient on chemo to desire food.

Not help athletes run sub 40 s or become more explosive off the line. Concentration??? Go con someone else.
I know a lot of track runners who smoke and say it helps expand their lungs. Extra runner's high. They did really well. Plus pain management, amongst other things, it should be considered a natural supplement within sports. At least decriminalized...

• Haha
I know a lot of track runners who smoke and say it helps expand their lungs. Extra runner's high. They did really well. Plus pain management, amongst other things, it should be considered a natural supplement within sports. At least decriminalized...
So now smoking is GOOD for your lungs?? RollingLaugh

So now smoking is GOOD for your lungs?? RollingLaugh
Of course not but 1 or 2 puffs isn't nearly as bad as most people think. I'd bet at least 50% of the athletes playing Husker football use cannabis, just like every other Power 5 program and professional sports teams in the country.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Of course not but 1 or 2 puffs isn't nearly as bad as most people think. I'd bet at least 50% of the athletes playing Husker football use cannabis, just like every other Power 5 program and professional sports teams in the country.
Doesn't mean it's good for them

Anecdotal evidence most likely bolstered by desire to get high by people is your presentation of justified legality?

Just intuitively looking at natural history you know there are no creatures observed that are sustained by inhaling carcinogenic vapors. In fact there are plenty of fossilized remains of creatures we find today only SUPERSIZED.

The only way we've been able to recreate like creatures in part, is by raising them in a super rich oxygenated environment, with as little other components in the atmosphere as possible.

Ironically super OXYGEN rich environments, NOT pot smoke rich environments, are observed to boost recovery time in regards to fatigue or cell regeneration or healing of soft tissues.

Do not go the concentrates route. It is akin to alcohol spirits and can mess you up. Stay with vaping dry herb and stay away from "distilled" weed.

My friend was doing 3,000mg of concentrates a day and it sent him to a psych ward. Said he was hallucinating and was put in the back of a patty wagon. Poor bastard is now getting divorced. To be fair, he had been smoking all day, every day for that past 15 years. Concentrates were so strong that they put him over the edge.

Doesn't mean it's good for them
Sure, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's terrible for them either. There are a lot of athletes who right or wrong perceive that it helps, and they will often times use it right before competing just to feel in the right mind-set. Perception is reality. I think a lot of people on here and in general would be very surprised to know how many of their favorite athletes use cannabis regularly. And to most of them it's really not any more of a big deal than taking something like ginseng or a medical supplement.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Do not go the concentrates route. It is akin to alcohol spirits and can mess you up. Stay with vaping dry herb and stay away from "distilled" weed.

My friend was doing 3,000mg of concentrates a day and it sent him to a psych ward. Said he was hallucinating and was put in the back of a patty wagon. Poor bastard is now getting divorced. To be fair, he had been smoking all day, every day for that past 15 years. Concentrates were so strong that they put him over the edge.
3,000 mg!?!?!?! Ho-Lee-Schitt! I guess that's what they call "macro-dosing." Wow.

I agree that concentrates are not the way to go but have to believe your friends symptoms are what caused him to use so often for so long, as a way to try and ease them. Sure it probably wasn't working or even helping but probably not what did him in. More likely it was just age and progression of the mental illness. I feel for him but do have to lol a little at anyone who would have "pot" ruin a marriage. Again, that's probably more likely a consequence of the illness not the THC.

Anyways, had he tried using heroin, alcohol or any other drug for 15 years all day every day I guarantee his life would've fallen apart about 10-14 years sooner than it did.

Reactions: 9and4
I agree that concentrates are not the way to go but have to believe your friends symptoms are what caused him to use so often for so long, as a way to try and ease them. Sure it probably wasn't working or even helping but probably not what did him in. More likely it was just age and progression of the mental illness. I feel for him but do have to lol a little at anyone who would have "pot" ruin a marriage. Again, that's probably more likely a consequence of the illness not the THC.

Anyways, had he tried using heroin, alcohol or any other drug for 15 years all day every day I guarantee his life would've fallen apart about 10-14 years sooner than it did.
I agree. He definitely has childhood trauma and family issues. He said he smoked all day because he had no one else. Concentrates seemed to bump things up by a few notches.

Reactions: zrob
Sure, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's terrible for them either. There are a lot of athletes who right or wrong perceive that it helps, and they will often times use it right before competing just to feel in the right mind-set. Perception is reality. I think a lot of people on here and in general would be very surprised to know how many of their favorite athletes use cannabis regularly. And to most of them it's really not any more of a big deal than taking something like ginseng or a medical supplement.
Nobody ever accused athletes of being smart

Nope, I think you’re wrong. I have a person very, very, very close to me who used the high THC product for 4-6 weeks and was thrown into a mania and subsequently diagnosed bipolar.

But no….. turns out the person is not bipolar and the initial diagnoses were all wrong (all 15 of them). This person is not bipolar but experienced a marijuana-induced mania - just as dangerous as a bipolar episode. Scary as $hit and ended up being put on an involuntary hold (locked up).

the whole thing cost me 40-50k and 6 weeks of work to save the individual from living homeless on the street. The high THC content doesn’t play the same way with everyone, for many people it’s truly seriously dangerous.

FACTS. Google it if you retards know how. :p
giphy.gif

• Haha
Absolutely legalize it already. Massive tax revenue is being missed out in or lost to other states.

He'll you can get Delta 8 right now which is close enough. Makes no sense

• Haha
When law enforcement and social workers agree that it doesn’t harm anyone, then I might be in favor of legalizing it. But since they see the harmful effects, I am going to side with them.
Why would they give up their cash cow.

Alcohol is objectively worse in all scenarios.

Freedom comes with risk.

It has helped me get away from using prescription meds which had horrible side effects. My counselor noticed the change in my personality on week 2 (in a very positive way) without me mentioning anything about it.

Fvcking legalize it and get out of people's personal lives.

Reactions: 9and4
Absolutely legalize it already. Massive tax revenue is being missed out in or lost to other states.

He'll you can get Delta 8 right now which is close enough. Makes no sense
I asked about the tax part of it in Colorado some 2 years ago.

Marijuana sales had, after regulation expenses(paying for administration and processing of legal paperwork), netted the state of Colorado about 1M in revenue. So not exactly a windfall.

You should walk around downtown Denver though, looked similar to a 1930 depression shanty town only without the shanties. Just a bunch of dudes loitering and sitting round on the sidewalk holding signs.....I suppose that's better than a human feces map of the city though.

Keep it recreationally illegal in Nebraska.

Marijuana prohibition and vaccine mandates are in the same authoritarian vein.
Dictating what someone puts in their body, threatening ones' livelihood in the argument of health and safety.

Reactions: ShibeSker
I asked about the tax part of it in Colorado some 2 years ago.

Marijuana sales had, after regulation expenses(paying for administration and processing of legal paperwork), netted the state of Colorado about 1M in revenue. So not exactly a windfall.

You should walk around downtown Denver though, looked similar to a 1930 depression shanty town only without the shanties. Just a bunch of dudes loitering and sitting round on the sidewalk holding signs.....I suppose that's better than a human feces map of the city though.

Keep it recreationally illegal in Nebraska.
Disagree. You're equating a different state and city with a different political dynamic.

Didn't Arizona also legalize it? Did it cause shantytowns as well?

Terrible comparison

Reactions: c_broadus
Disagree. You're equating a different state and city with a different political dynamic.

Didn't Arizona also legalize it? Did it cause shantytowns as well?

Terrible comparison
I can see some benefits of legalized marijuana. For instance it takes away an illegitimate revenue stream for cartels and organised crime. Some might even go straight if the money is good enough. I know the avg price of weed went to something like 100 bucks an oz in Colorado Springs due to the supply being so high. When I was in high school it was 400 an oz. I'm also for legalized MJ for medical purposes.

I would just rather live in a state where it isn't legal. I grew up in a household where it was smoked on a regular basis. My very earliest memory is my mom passing a joint on a roach clip to my aunt in the kitchen at my aunts house while they were making Thanksgiving dinner with me playing on the floor.

Don't lie to me and tell me it's a windfall revenue stream for the state because it isn't. And don't lie to me telling me it's a natural cure or is just like drinking water to your body, because it isn't.

@RedMyMind Has the best angle at convincingly arguing for it to be legalized.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Any state that doesn’t legalize online sports gambling and/or cannibas is just throwing away money. Dumb.

You can't legislate morality. If you don't want to drink, smoke, chew gum, pray, own a gun, gamble, shoot off fireworks, go to a topless bar, or eat double bacon cheeseburgers, then DON'T DO IT. But don't bribe corrupt government cronies to make your personal beliefs the laws that all others must live by.

If it were up to me, country music and saying "literally" when you mean "figuratively" would be illegal, but I'm not going to force it down your throat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT