ADVERTISEMENT

Legalize weed already...

I don't get it, in the 70's they nailed you to the city wall for weed, now they have weed stocks...s.t.r.a.n.g.e. w.o.r.l.d.
what I really don't get is how when weed against the law, here was alot of it in the 70's...
now half the states are legal and they need weed factories? how much weed can people smoke?
I vape about 1/8 a month. I'm guessing a lot goes to concentrates and edibles.
If it were legal in Kansas, I would grow and try so many different strains and ratios and products to find that one that fits best.
I remember the ole brick weed from back in the day.

Reactions: zrob and NebChicago
I vape about 1/8 a month. I'm guessing a lot goes to concentrates and edibles.
If it were legal in Kansas, I would grow and try so many different strains and ratios and products to find that one that fits best.
I remember the ole brick weed from back in the day.
The largest growing market is people (mostly men) in their 50s and 60s, people who didn't smoke much after college or their 20s because getting in trouble with the law wasn't worth the high. Now, we do it to cover our pain, and we no longer give a shit if it's legal in any one particular spot as long as we can buy it in another.

Reactions: RedMyMind
The dope smokers have lots of time to smoke since they don’t have to get to work

The dope smokers have lots of time to smoke since they don’t have to get to work
giphy.gif

I smoked weed starting in the mid 70's..alot of folks did, thats why zepplein, skynard and floyd got big.
in the 80's I kinda got into a rut of being constantly high,,,during the whole 80's...
but we had to do alot of work to buy the stuff, not walk into a store...:/
in the 90's I quit, cause, hell I got high off not being high...lol

I don't think alot of weed is good for a person, maybe a lil to unwind (like alcohal)
I only know 1 person with a legit reason to smoke weed constantly, he would go into convulsion, and what weed does is slow the electrons firing in the brain, this helped him stop getting convulsions

I think weed might be ok once on a friday if your fishing or watching a movie, but if done alot it dumbs a person down...and if someone is on weed they might try worse stuff, it takes that guard down...
now the worse stuff in the 70's was coke or acid,,,,,but now they have meth and fentanyl...so thats a problem.
then the real problem is folks get on drugs and start talkin bout being multiple gendered...:/

so I don't think weed should be legal, but it shouldn't be 11 years in prison with no priors..
you want to keep kids off it, and have plenty of folks not smoking weed so the US can be competitive..

Last edited:
I don't get it, in the 70's they nailed you to the city wall for weed, now they have weed stocks...s.t.r.a.n.g.e. w.o.r.l.d.
what I really don't get is how when weed against the law, here was alot of it in the 70's...
now half the states are legal and they need weed factories? how much weed can people smoke?
It's not something new. People have been using cannabis for thousands of years. You probably can relate to this. You remember back during prohibition where you were still drinking even though it was "illegal." Correct? You had to deal with the bad booze and laying low for the popo. After the repeal of prohibition, you were able to by better quality and safer alcohol. Yay for freedom!

Fast forward to today. We all know that lots of people use marijuana. Most of us don't care and would like to make it legal for adults to use, if they so choose to. Just like back in them prohibition days. Remember? Got tired of hiding from the revenuer, I'll bet.

It's not something new. People have been using cannabis for thousands of years. You probably can relate to this. You remember back during prohibition where you were still drinking even though it was "illegal." Correct? You had to deal with the bad booze and laying low for the popo. After the repeal of prohibition, you were able to by better quality and safer alcohol. Yay for freedom!

Fast forward to today. We all know that lots of people use marijuana. Most of us don't care and would like to make it legal for adults to use, if they so choose to. Just like back in them prohibition days. Remember? Got tired of hiding from the revenuer, I'll bet.
I guess I'm just saying for folks to be carefully with weed cause it can be a creeper...just like alcohol
some folks can control it and for some it gets out of hand..

I smoked weed starting in the mid 70's..alot of folks did, thats why zepplein, skynard and floyd got big.
in the 80's I kinda got into a rut of being constantly high,,,during the whole 80's...

I don't think alot of weed is good for a person, maybe a lil to unwind (like alcohal)
I only know 1 person with a legit reason to smoke weed constantly, he would go into convulsion, and what weed does is slow the electrons firing in the brain, this helped him stop getting convulsions

I think weed might be ok once on a friday if your fishing or watching a movie, but if done alot it dumbs a person down...and if someone is on weed they might try worse stuff, it takes that guard down...
now the worse stuff in the 70's was coke or acid,,,,,but now they have meth and fentanyl...so thats a problem.
then the real problem is folks get on drugs and start talkin bout being multiple gendered...:/

so I don't think weed should be legal, but it shouldn't be 11 years in prison with no priors..
you want to keep kids off it, and have plenty of folks not smoking weed so the US can be competitive..
I'm for individual freedoms. Whether the US is less competitive isn't of my concern.
Amphetamines have been around for quite a while. Troops during the wars were hopped up on Benzedrine.
Clandestine meth chemists were replaced by Mexican cartels due to the lack of available ingredients in the US.
Fentanyl is cheap and is used to cut drugs, causing many to OD. Side effect of the drug war.
Floyd and Zepp are still great on weed. :)

I guess I'm just saying for folks to be carefully with weed cause it can be a creeper...just like alcohol
some folks can control it and for some it gets out of hand..
Now we have Spice and designer drugs that are 10s to 100s more potent than cannabis. Cat and mouse as ones get banned, they tweak the formula.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
Just smoke it in your house. Just back from Vegas and the whole place smells like the inside of a bong. I can only imagine going down to the CWS and dealing with that odor.

mine or yours? Does it make it safer on the highways? Is it OK to have anyone doing work for you to be "high" or not? The reason for drinking at age 21 is because of what it does to the brain and the same goes for pot. There are more and more studies that are indicating the negative side of pot.

But lets cling to our rights to do drugs of any kind. I guess one should just move to Oregon. And while we are at it, have the state pay for them.

Everyone has the right or personal freedom to be stupid. Its when it affects others that common sense gets in the way.
With this logic, what’s your take on wearing a mask during a respiratory pandemic? Seriously curious.

All I care about is what legalizing, then taxing the holy sh!t out of it could do to my property taxes. Any hope there?

Ricketts is worthless.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I plan on growing plants all around my premises, enjoying the fragrant aromatherapy.

Self-righteous, self-entitled workaholic culture is becoming a relic of the past. Everyone takes life a little too seriously. If weed is juvenile, so is most of America's past-times.

The states are run down that have legalized pot. It in no way is a winning combination. Seattle is one example of what pot is doing to that city. It's turned into a big shithole and continues on a downward run
cause and effect or correlation?

I worked out of Seattle the past 15 years. The local business is shot. The downtown is rapidly declining. Don't give me cause and effect, correlation bs.
80% of people hooked on pot are weak minded losers.
I'm glad the majority don't think like you do.
People use marijuana extensively almost everywhere. Yet not all places suffer like Seattle. Many use marijuana in places like Seattle simply because it was/is seen as counter culture.

Can’t legalize it. Just think of all the drug sniffing dogs that will have to apply for unemployment benefits

I assume those that feel negatively towards pot also feel the same way towards alcohol as well. Gotta stay consistent
Nixon and Reagan have warped their minds. Threatened by "hippies". Imagine if alcohol was fresh on the scene. It would get banned so fast.

Dont do dope and grew up on those bands - dope didnt make them popular, being some of the greatest bands of all.time made them popular

I'm glad the majority don't think like you do.
People use marijuana extensively almost everywhere. Yet not all places suffer like Seattle. Many use marijuana in places like Seattle simply because it was/is seen as counter culture.
Mary jane is seen as counter culture, in Seattle ... yeah. You been hittin it hard today

Self-righteous, self-entitled workaholic culture is becoming a relic of the past. Everyone takes life a little too seriously. If weed is juvenile, so is most of America's past-times.
Interesting adjectives to describe the counter-pot culture. Your constant ramblings about pot and how caffeine and sugar are worse would suggest you are self-righteous. You then claim those people as "self-entitled" (thinking you are entitled to the best in life without working for it) "workaholics." You confused? Or, is it the self-induced brain fog?

Mary jane is seen as counter culture, in Seattle ... yeah. You been hittin it hard today
It is still federally illegal is it not? Marijuana has always been seen as counter culture until relatively recently. We still have ones in society that equates it to hippies. Some even on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT