Legalize marijuana they said, it will fund schools they said...

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Now, California is bailing out the marijuana industry. "Legalize and tax the hell out of it" has become "subsidize it to prop up a failing industry".

“If you put the government in charge of the Sahara, in five years there would be a shortage of sand” – Milton Friedman

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Now, California is bailing out the marijuana industry. "Legalize and tax the hell out of it" has become "subsidize it to prop up a failing industry".

“If you put the government in charge of the Sahara, in five years there would be a shortage of sand” – Milton Friedman

I don't get it. How is this possible? The illegal marijuana industry survived decades without government assistance. Why is there suddenly an issue?

Oh the government, you suck.

Hire some cartel members to get this ship righted.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
I don't get it. How is this possible? The illegal marijuana industry survived decades without government assistance. Why is there suddenly an issue?

Oh the government, you suck.

Hire some cartel members to get this ship righted.
But our next pet project, socialized medicine will fix all!! We just have to throw $XXXTrillion at the problem, and the government that can't even get a website working with $2Billion will be able to fix all your problems. PROMISE!!!

jw.3

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
oldschool you and I are two old bikers who have seen and done every drug under the sun. but there's one we will NEVER try and that's the weed. former Husker CB turned Governor Pat Ricketts has warned us of the profound dangers of even smoking a single weed hash:

weed is wack!

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
oldschool you and I are two old bikers who have seen and done every drug under the sun. but there's one we will NEVER try and that's the weed. former Husker CB turned Governor Pat Ricketts has warned us of the profound dangers of even smoking a single weed hash:

weed is wack!

Pete's teas, are more expensive than the bunk weed he would provide Nebraska citizens.

Reactions: nelsonj22

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house

weed is wack!
Legalize it AND get the government out of the way. The way these libs think they can tax the hell out of everything under the sun kills off anything good in this world.

DRay827

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2016
Lincoln, NE
Anything is possible when you have a $78 Billion surplus. I would have sent it back to residents in the form of lower tax rates or another stimmy check, but that's just me.

At least it's not killing 500k+ a year like alcohol and tobacco.

Wyldcard

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2018

weed is wack!
That was Pete's son Pat

• Angry
Reactions: biscuitbagger3

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
I didn't know these devils lettuce companies were ran by government agencies.. seems their failure is being put on the wrong people.

Now.. bailing them out.. that's pretty dumb.

IM4NUalways

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
May 31, 2005
Hermitage, Arkansas

Yea so lets put them in charge of healthcare. What a great idea!

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Screw that. Since it was legalized in Oklahoma, there is a weed store in every strip mall. It's embarrassing.
I don't smoke the stuff like @jw.3 and @sklarbodds, and let me tell you, they smoke HEAVILY. But, if we are going to legalize it, then we can't have the government directing everything and taxing it to create a black market. You've solved NOTHING by making prices so high that the black market is price-competitive with the legal stuff. I think there's ways to get state funds without legalizing marijuana, and one of the goals of legalization was to eliminate the black market so you don't have sellers giving you stuff laced with other stuff that you don't know what it is. That was part of the promise of legalized weed, and instead not only have you introduced more recreational pot smokers to the substance, now you've increased the black market because of your taxes.

In reality, I agree with you that weed in every strip mall is ridiculous. Next Amazon will be shipping pounds to your house. WTF. We've created a lazy generation already, and now you're going to make it even worse. I gotta get off this planet before the libs and millennials take over. There is no future for this f'd up society.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
I don't smoke the stuff like @jw.3 and @sklarbodds, and let me tell you, they smoke HEAVILY. But, if we are going to legalize it, then we can't have the government directing everything and taxing it to create a black market. You've solved NOTHING by making prices so high that the black market is price-competitive with the legal stuff. I think there's ways to get state funds without legalizing marijuana, and one of the goals of legalization was to eliminate the black market so you don't have sellers giving you stuff laced with other stuff that you don't know what it is. That was part of the promise of legalized weed, and instead not only have you introduced more recreational pot smokers to the substance, now you've increased the black market because of your taxes.

In reality, I agree with you that weed in every strip mall is ridiculous. Next Amazon will be shipping pounds to your house. WTF. We've created a lazy generation already, and now you're going to make it even worse. I gotta get off this planet before the libs and millennials take over. There is no future for this f'd up society.
Love me some Oklahoma weed. They allow reciprocity and you can get a medical card in Oklahoma if you have your medical card in Missouri. Prices and quality are soooo much better in OKC and Tulsa. Thanks OK for your Wild West approach on my medicine

Reactions: Jaemekon

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Love me some Oklahoma weed. They allow reciprocity and you can get a medical card in Oklahoma if you have your medical card in Missouri. Prices and quality are soooo much better in OKC and Tulsa. Thanks OK for your Wild West approach on my medicine
Anyone here surprised you're a heavy pot user? Anyone??

Reactions: auski

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
And I bet you throw back 4-7 shitty American beers every night. You’re super cool American man #1

Guys, let's get along. This should be a chill thread.

I'll help guide it a different direction.

76oMPw.gif

Reactions: franzix

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

You sound like a typical Pub always wanting the government to tell you what you can and cannot do. Sad really.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
You sound like a typical Pub always wanting the government to tell you what you can and cannot do. Sad really.
If I gotta subsidize your vices that cause lazy good for nothing degenerates that suck off the teat of the government, then yeah, we need the government to lock it down. I would rather ban it than subsidize it.

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
^^^ huh? You’re trying to link Pubs to being the party of Gubmint Supervision? Really?
Libertarian in me doesn’t give a shit about the THC consumption of others, would just wanna see gov’t have ZERO to do with it. No taxation of any kind, let the free market drive the price. All in favor of legalization. Cali’s problem is the same as all of their problems… government. They and NY are certainly a model to emulate, right?
Healthcare will goto gov’t eventually, and I’ll be one of the 40% who GLADLY walk away from being a provider. Gladly and immediately…

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
If I gotta subsidize your vices that cause lazy good for nothing degenerates that suck off the teat of the government, then yeah, we need the government to lock it down. I would rather ban it than subsidize it.
You don't have to subsidize my vices. You just like having the government tell you what you can and cannot do. It's OK no shame in that.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
^^^ huh? You’re trying to link Pubs to being the party of Gubmint Supervision? Really?
Libertarian in me doesn’t give a shit about the THC consumption of others, would just wanna see gov’t have ZERO to do with it. No taxation of any kind, let the free market drive the price. All in favor of legalization. Cali’s problem is the same as all of their problems… government. They and NY are certainly a model to emulate, right?
Healthcare will goto gov’t eventually, and I’ll be one of the 40% who GLADLY walk away from being a provider. Gladly and immediately…
So you like having the government tell you if you can smoke the pots or not?

Or do you like freedom?

Reactions: cavalot

mhosek

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
So you like having the government tell you if you can smoke the pots or not?

Or do you like freedom?
I’m in favor of anarchy compared to what we currently have. It’d be way more effective… and no, I’ve never asked their permission. In favor of federal gubmint being in charge of as little as humanly possible outside of border protection, having a system of courts to defend property rights, and organization of a military. There are 95% too many federal employees…

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
You don't have to subsidize my vices. You just like having the government tell you what you can and cannot do. It's OK no shame in that.
This coming from the side that is currently regulating cup sizes, salt shakers on tables, water amount in your shower, toilet, dishwasher, clothes washer, wants to force people to get vaccinations and wear masks, etc, etc. If you think that the right is telling you what you can and can't do, then you need to wake up and see that your side is the one pushing the nanny state. For the most part, the right is libertarian except when it comes to drugs where you can kill yourself and other people, and can become addicted very easily.

• Haha
Reactions: BushAK and katie99