ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron vs Covington

yes he’s pretty much vocal about that, but the fact he caters to the Chinese is why I can’t stand him,
I believe Lebron was angry at the Rockets gm for exposing the players to intimidation from the Chinese because a bunch of them were IN CHINA when the tweet was made. I am sure they are aware of the "rules" that the CCP places on foreigners, especially ones with high levels of melanin. The worst thing that can happen to a group of exposed Americans is to have their affiliation strike against communism WHILE they are in country. He is also a businessman, and realized that that tweet cost people millions of dollars. I thought this board respected win at all costs businessmen?

Answer the question. If it were Brees who said the same thing in reverse he would have been fine to say that then, correct?

Im not sure in what myopic world it matters, but yes. If Brees were worried about a white person being shot by cops and questioned if that cop was racist I would not have an issue with it.

Now go ahead and demonstrate and twist whatever you think you are making for a point.

So what I bolded in your quote of LeBron is perfectly acceptable in your world?

Let me ask you, if Drew Brees said the following about a black cop, “Or maybe he just left the house saying today is going to be the end for one of these white people,” you would have no problem with it?

No chance in hell... And Brees wouldn’t survive saying that. But it’s perfectly acceptable in your eyes for LeBron to say that.

That speaks volumes, and tells me all I need to know about you.
Drew Brees plays in a predominately black league, most of his team is black. That is why he can't say the things lebron can say. If Brees was an internet conservative who made money making hot takes and speak baiting then he could say it....position, job, and expectations matter. Many people are free to say things like Black people are inferior to whites...and these people make a million dollars a year on youtube. But certain positions require certain etiquette. If Brees wants to say want he thinks he will probably have to start an all-white football league in Idaho.

I said in this thread he makes makes stupid statements, and this would be one. But he’s describing the feeling he’s going through, and wondering what was happening in the cops life, what led to the result. I don’t find that to be racist, no.
If a white person, any white person, wondered aloud what stress might lead a black police officer to, I don’t know, kill white people, that white person would be tarred and feathered and branded for life. Why is it ok for a black person to wonder aloud what stress might lead a white police officer to kill black people?

Im not sure in what myopic world it matters, but yes. If Brees were worried about a white person being shot by cops and questioned if that cop was racist I would not have an issue with it.

Now go ahead and demonstrate and twist whatever you think you are making for a point.
Not just cops, black cops. Quit skirting the issue.

Reactions: bshirt73
I said in this thread he makes makes stupid statements, and this would be one. But he’s describing the feeling he’s going through, and wondering what was happening in the cops life, what led to the result. I don’t find that to be racist, no.
This is not a stupid statement. He is one of the few black leaders who points out that cops are people, he acknowledges that they bring baggage to work everyday, just like everyone else, except they have to make a snap decision whether to shoot or not, and this SNAP decision is certainly affected by bias and experience, which is how the brain works. Bias exists precisely to make a snap decision. Hundreds of unarmed people of all colors are killed by police every year, the reason the protests were so multicultural supports this fact. Cops are overburdened to deal with a crush of mental health issues, social problems, and the occasionally extremely violent traumatized individual who happens to be heavily armed. This reminds of the soldier quandary. Soldiers would be much better off if we used diplomacy, and created situations where soldiers were needed less often...cops would benefit from being demilitarized, and investing heavily in every arena that can deescalate a situation, with an elite trained force able to respond to true violent situations, forces so well trained that they aren't susceptible to shooting a guy with a fake or an invisible knife a half dozen times.

If a white person, any white person, wondered aloud what stress might lead a black police officer to, I don’t know, kill white people, that white person would be tarred and feathered and branded for life. Why is it ok for a black person to wonder aloud what stress might lead a white police officer to kill black people?
You are wondering it right now, openly on a message board, and nobody is lynching you. Your IP can be tracked and we know exactly where you are...and we could contact your employer, and nobody would care. You could go on youtube and make millions proposing the same questions.

Not just cops, black cops. Quit skirting the issue.

The issue in this thread is someone thought he’d gain notoriety by trying to pull LeBron into an exchange, which happens to be one of a series of racially motivated event for him. But you think it’s something else, so keep on keeping on I guess.

Again, how is this relevant to the discussion at hand?

the LA home where there were to have been racial attacks written on them but were repainted and damage fixed before the police could get there to take a report and then after a quick story no follow up and the story drops. If it happened, you allow evidence to be collected don’t you?

The issue in this thread is someone thought he’d gain notoriety by trying to pull LeBron into an exchange, which happens to be one of a series of racially motivated event for him. But you think it’s something else, so keep on keeping on I guess.
My issue is you are saying LeBron isn’t being prejudiced at all, and then when I reverse the situation with a superstar athlete, you refuse to respond. Why won’t you be honest? Do you think Drew Brees would be understood by the masses just like you are pretending LeBron should be?

the LA home where there were to have been racial attacks written on them but were repainted and damage fixed before the police could get there to take a report and then after a quick story no follow up and the story drops. If it happened, you allow evidence to be collected don’t you?

Probably, but reports are he wasn’t even LA when it happened.

My issue is you are saying LeBron isn’t being prejudiced at all, and then when I reverse the situation with a superstar athlete, you refuse to respond. Why won’t you be honest? Do you think Drew Brees would be understood by the masses just like you are pretending LeBron should be?

I’m saying I haven’t seen evidence, I’ve seen you try to twist his words by not using direct quotes, and use hypothetical situations to try to prove a point. I don’t have an opinion on comments that haven’t happened.

I believe Lebron was angry at the Rockets gm for exposing the players to intimidation from the Chinese because a bunch of them were IN CHINA when the tweet was made. I am sure they are aware of the "rules" that the CCP places on foreigners, especially ones with high levels of melanin. The worst thing that can happen to a group of exposed Americans is to have their affiliation strike against communism WHILE they are in country. He is also a businessman, and realized that that tweet cost people millions of dollars. I thought this board respected win at all costs businessmen?
Winning at proposed capitalism is much different flavor and succumbing to communism

I’m saying I haven’t seen evidence, I’ve seen you try to twist his words by not using direct quotes, and use hypothetical situations to try to prove a point. I don’t have an opinion on comments that haven’t happened.
I see. You don’t deal in hypotheticals. What a copout.

Well, I’m assuming you did see what happened to Brees when he said he wouldn’t never take a knee before the flag. How did that go for him?

Hundreds of unarmed people of all colors are killed by police every year, the reason the protests were so multicultural supports this fact.

Hundreds??? 🤣🤣🤣. There were 13 unarmed blacks killed by police by gunshot in 2019. Out of tens of thousands of confrontations, that number is actually very small. Not minimizing anyone's death, but repeating bogus statistics is not helpful.

You are wondering it right now, openly on a message board, and nobody is lynching you. Your IP can be tracked and we know exactly where you are...and we could contact your employer, and nobody would care. You could go on youtube and make millions proposing the same questions.
giphy.gif

These posts will die down once our Huskers start. Mods have given us long leashes which is awesome, but our leashes will tighten in October.
I respect your opinion but totally disagree that it's been awesome. Most of these posts aren't rational discussions but just more of the "in your face" extremism that once accepted as normal, never goes away.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I respect your opinion but totally disagree that it's been awesome. Most of these posts aren't rational discussions but just more of the "in your face" extremism that once accepted as normal, never goes away.

Mountain out of proverbial molehills my friend. Try to enjoy the ride.

Sounds like one dipshit calling-out another dipshit. Should do the world a favor and have a duel.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Actual quotes

he taunted Nigerian-born champ Kamaru Usman, saying, “Did you get a call from freaking your little tribe? Did they give you some smoke signals for you?”

Hey, you guys are all a bunch of filthy animals, and Brazil, you're a dump,'"

These guys are literally fighting in a cage for money. Are you new to the fight game?

1. Dueling breadsticks from Olive Garden.
2. Loser has to decipher In a Gadda Da Vida.
3. Send me Bitcoins to score the test.
4. Profit!
5. If paid a handsome sum prior to the contest, I will Prophet the result ahead of time.
6. More profit!

Big baby LeBron has to surround himself with a bunch of all-stars to try to win another NBA title. He ain’t no Michael Jordan. He just took 4 steps again and no traveling call. Surprise.

Well, I’m assuming you did see what happened to Brees when he said he wouldn’t never take a knee before the flag. How did that go for him?
Bump for @jmliehr... you do so much dodging in this thread... I just want to know why it’s ok for LeBron to speak his mind but not ok for a white superstar athlete to speak his mind.

What gives?

As a opposed to white cops get up everyday looking to kill a black man.

Or Montrezl Harrell who called Doncic a bitch ass white boy.

pot meet kettle
You must not know this somehow: Lebron James and Montrezl Harrell are not the same person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT