ADVERTISEMENT

Leader

The lie is your representation that people are arguing that racism doesn’t exist. I’m done with this, it’s a huge waste of time. Good luck to you.
It is amazing how much credit he gives white people for essentially controlling black people for so many years. The only way for them to get out is for the white people to take their foot off the gas and give them a fighting chance. Terrible, weak, defeatist mentality.

So when the white people pull back to give you a chance and you have a black utopia in a few years, what is stopping these white people who has controlled you all these years to secretly put you under their control again leaving you once again unable to do anything about it until the white people out of pity pull back again?

FWIW - I do not agree with anything I posted above, but that is the systemic racism argument that gets presented. That these evil, white people were so intellectually superior that they have managed to set up a secret society to keep ONLY the black community down for generations.

It is amazing how much credit he gives white people for essentially controlling black people for so many years. The only way for them to get out is for the white people to take their foot off the gas and give them a fighting chance. Terrible, weak, defeatist mentality.

So when the white people pull back to give you a chance and you have a black utopia in a few years, what is stopping these white people who has controlled you all these years to secretly put you under their control again leaving you once again unable to do anything about it until the white people out of pity pull back again?

FWIW - I do not agree with anything I posted above, but that is the systemic racism argument that gets presented. That these evil, white people were so intellectually superior that they have managed to set up a secret society to keep ONLY the black community down for generations.
They inadvertently argue for white supremacy.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
rich white people living together never notice racism. how would a white person on a white farm or in a white suburb notice racism? Trump has never seen racism because he is rich and lives with other rich white people. if you want to know what you DONT KNOW then go spend time where you dont normally spend time. Go experience what others experience and you will grow your brain. unfortunately nobody wants to do this. and until we do we will continue to be ignorant privileged white people who can't see what's wrong because its on the other side of town

And yet when someone black gets money where do they move? Thats right, with all those "racist" wealthy white people.....

BLM scrubs "What we Believe" section of website.

Original >

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

Is Replaced With >

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

BLM scrubs "What we Believe" section of website.

Original >

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

Is Replaced With >

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

"Folks" is apparently offensive and racist to some.

Folk is a word for ‘people’ in Germanic languages, such as English and German, like the volk in “Volkswagen” - literally “People’s Car” - it might have become offensive in South Africa as the word was used by white nationalist groups, like the Afrikaner Volksfront, Afrikaner People’s Front, who wanted to establish a Volkstaat, a separate state for Afrikaners,

Who would a thunk it? The all-inclusive spacious movement for "black lives" is, in fact, rooted in white nationalism!!

My job is done here.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I feel like this is well said. This guy is really smart and thoughtful

“Privilege is a hard concept for people to understand because normally when we talk of privilege, we think of immediate, unearned riches and tangible benefits for anyone who has it,” he said. “But White privilege – and indeed, all privilege – is about the absence of inconvenience, the absence of an impediment or challenge. As such when you have it, you really don’t notice it. But when it’s absent, it affects everything you do.”

good Lord. He doesn't think white people face inconveniences or challenges? He needs to stick to basketball. At every step of the way because I was a white male, I faced a tougher road to achieve my educational goals after high school than women and minorities. I got less undergraduate scholarship money than I would have if I was black or Native American. I had a more difficult time getting in to my post undergraduate professional curriculum because I was a while male.

There have been MANY programs started to try to remove "inconveniences" for minority individuals. The bottom line is that you have to do the work to take advantage of your opportunities and have enough intelligence to advance in your chosen field.

One in the same. The roadmap that other minority groups have followed is one that states that you get married first, then have a kid after you determine you are mature enough mentally and financially to do it. The black community has abandoned this and the result is a national special olympics movement.
It's not just the black community but there is ABSOLUTELY NO QUESTION but that social programs have incentivized having children out of wedlock and helped destroy the nuclear family. This is happening now in low income whites as well. There are instances where women are having babies and are the 5th generation in their family who haven't been married and have never had a job.

Reactions: bshirt73
good Lord. He doesn't think white people face inconveniences or challenges? He needs to stick to basketball. At every step of the way because I was a white male, I faced a tougher road to achieve my educational goals after high school than women and minorities. I got less undergraduate scholarship money than I would have if I was black or Native American. I had a more difficult time getting in to my post undergraduate professional curriculum because I was a while male.

There have been MANY programs started to try to remove "inconveniences" for minority individuals. The bottom line is that you have to do the work to take advantage of your opportunities and have enough intelligence to advance in your chosen field.
“White privilege doesn’t mean you haven’t worked hard or don’t deserve the success you’ve had,” he said. “It doesn’t mean your life isn't hard or that you’ve never suffered. It simply means that your skin color has not been the cause of your hardship or suffering.”

“White privilege doesn’t mean you haven’t worked hard or don’t deserve the success you’ve had,” he said. “It doesn’t mean your life isn't hard or that you’ve never suffered. It simply means that your skin color has not been the cause of your hardship or suffering.”
ahhh but that isn't true. When I applied to my post undergraduate professional program I was discriminated against because I was white. Also because I was a male but primarily because I was white. This was also true for my spouse's medical school class. They accepted a very academically marginal black student because of his race. A non-black student missed out on going to medical school because of that. The last we knew, that black medical student was going on his 6th year in a 4 year curriculum and he still hadn't graduated. A white student that had those issues would have been told to hit the road.

No doubt there used to be obstacles in hiring and obtaining loans. I don't think that's a big issue any more. In fact even in agriculture there are special programs for financing farms and operating expense for minorities that white farmers can not get.

Do you need to lie to try to feel like you won an argument, or are you incapable of having a legitimate discussion on an issue? Are you doing the ol Kamala Harris “it was a debate” rationale to justify your lie? Who has said racism doesn’t exist? There are a few of you on here that seemingly cannot process the information. It’s very un-ordained minister like. And I must say, the taking a shot at rural Nebraskans is an especially intelligent and loving act.

Lebron James, the guy who, when talking about cops, said

“Or maybe he just left the house saying that today is going to be the end for one of these Black people.”

That Lebron James? Who suggests cops leave their house determined to kill a black person? What a great platform to spew that hate-filled total bullsh!t. I will always, always route against that d!psh!t.
2 black youths were killed in a mass shooting in Syracuse New York over the weekend. NONE of the MSM has reported on it that I have seen. I'm sure Fox doesn't like the gun angle. MSNBC and CNN don't like the fact that it appears to be black on black crime at a huge gathering of under age kids. Yeah drugs and alcohol and then somebody gets in a fight. Yep. No big deal when it's black kids killing other black kids I guess. Dozens shot. Just another day in the hood.

2 black youths were killed in a mass shooting in Syracuse New York over the weekend. NONE of the MSM has reported on it that I have seen. I'm sure Fox doesn't like the gun angle. MSNBC and CNN don't like the fact that it appears to be black on black crime at a huge gathering of under age kids. Yeah drugs and alcohol and then somebody gets in a fight. Yep. No big deal when it's black kids killing other black kids I guess. Dozens shot. Just another day in the hood.

They aren’t interested. Black lives only matter sometimes.

ahhh but that isn't true. When I applied to my post undergraduate professional program I was discriminated against because I was white. Also because I was a male but primarily because I was white. This was also true for my spouse's medical school class. They accepted a very academically marginal black student because of his race. A non-black student missed out on going to medical school because of that. The last we knew, that black medical student was going on his 6th year in a 4 year curriculum and he still hadn't graduated. A white student that had those issues would have been told to hit the road.

No doubt there used to be obstacles in hiring and obtaining loans. I don't think that's a big issue any more. In fact even in agriculture there are special programs for financing farms and operating expense for minorities that white farmers can not get.

You can even take same rationale to athletics. How many kids were on the cutoff line for Northwestern or Duke but didn't get in because of an underqualified minority athlete. The first kid on the cutoff line may have been a deserving minority or it could have just been a kid with white privilege.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT