ADVERTISEMENT

Leader

How do explain the massive inequality in income, wealth, safety, homicides, sexual assaults, drug addiction between people of color and white people. This is a philosophical dichotomy:
1. It is caused by systemic racism that has benefitted the main tribe in America, mainly the white, male, protestants...
2. It is caused by innate differences in the races...ie...(you are a racist).

People who ignore historical racism, and present white supremacy, but are aware of the inequality between races...must come to conclusion that the inequality is acceptable, and logical and either ordained or natural. It should not surprise people that Americans would believe such things. At the outbreak of the civil war there were over a million slaveholders in the south. The average holder only held three slaves. And that power was taken by force not by introspection or morality. It took another 100 years for segregation to be reexamined. And we are only 70 years passed that. 200 years of slavery, 100 years of segregation and Jim Crow, 70 years of pretending it didn't happen.

I do believe that education about these topics tends to be accusatory, and hypocritical in being understanding of societal influences on people of color but not accepting that white people are also under societal influence when they become bigoted and racist and don't even know it. Corporate america is relatively careful about appearing openly racist, and income inequality between white and black/brown folks is within 20%, mainly because of the degeneration of the white family and the lack of low skilled union jobs. The wealth gap is astronomical, for every $100 saved that a person of color has, a white person has $1000. And this is mostly due to government policies that subsidized white housing in the middle of last century, and purposefully blocked black families from those same neighborhoods. The easy answer to ignore it, which is why so many people do. If you are a christian, who pretends to love other human beings however, that becomes a bit of a pitfall. How do accept that so many people are born in trauma, violence, poverty, while you work your corporate job?

How do explain the massive inequality in income, wealth, safety, homicides, sexual assaults, drug addiction between people of color and white people. This is a philosophical dichotomy:
1. It is caused by systemic racism that has benefitted the main tribe in America, mainly the white, male, protestants...

People who ignore historical racism, and present white supremacy, but are aware of the inequality between races...must come to conclusion that the inequality is acceptable, and logical and either ordained or natural. It should not surprise people that Americans would believe such things. At the outbreak of the civil war there were over a million slaveholders in the south. The average holder only held three slaves. And that power was taken by force not by introspection or morality. It took another 100 years for segregation to be reexamined. And we are only 70 years passed that. 200 years of slavery, 100 years of segregation and Jim Crow, 70 years of pretending it didn't happen.

I do believe that education about these topics tends to be accusatory, and hypocritical in being understanding of societal influences on people of color but not accepting that white people are also under societal influence when they become bigoted and racist and don't even know it. Corporate america is relatively careful about appearing openly racist, and income inequality between white and black/brown folks is within 20%, mainly because of the degeneration of the white family and the lack of low skilled union jobs. The wealth gap is astronomical, for every $100 saved that a person of color has, a white person has $1000. And this is mostly due to government policies that subsidized white housing in the middle of last century, and purposefully blocked black families from those same neighborhoods. The easy answer to ignore it, which is why so many people do. If you are a christian, who pretends to love other human beings however, that becomes a bit of a pitfall. How do accept that so many people are born in trauma, violence, poverty, while you work your corporate job?
Hmmm, you have so much gibberish in your comments I'll address as best I can.

I was telling you my experience, we were told as white males we wouldnt get promoted no matter how deserving we were, that a minority would have to be promoted or if none were available in the dept they would have to hire from the outside or wait until one was available. Later in my career when I was hiring, if the best candidate was a white male several times human resources would come back and say we couldnt hire them even if they were the best. That was the only systematic racism I saw.

I got a corp job because I had a high gpa in finance/accounting and you need someone in the dept that can do the work to make up for the people they hire who cant, I quit the job because of the
it was a terribly disfunctional enviroment because of the brainwashed cultural marxists.

When I became self employed I started an internet based business from scratch where no one would even know I was a white male and I became a multi millionaire, how would you use white privledge to explain that??????

You seem to know very little about history of slavery on the planet, Thomas Sowell a noted african american expert on the subject can educate you far batter than I.

Much of the other things you stated can be explained by the personal choices an individual makes, I know many of people born with more than me and many born with less, I took the hand I was dealt and tried to do the best I could do.

Are you for real???...racism is isolated and doesn’t have an impact on society?? I really am speechless..I am 70 years old and have lived in most all regions in the country and can tell you for a fact that racism is alive and rampant in most areas. But go ahead and follow the narrative that you and your orange haired leader spouts..I feel beyond sorry for you.

I feel beyond sorry for mindless snowflakes dreaming up horrible racism everywhere so they can feel they're above & better then anybody. Also for them, Dementia Joe is indeed the "perfect" Dim. Even better than Hillary!!!

Your argument falls apart when you say minorities. It’s black people - hence BLACK Lives Matter. Not Asian, not Latino, not “fill in the blank.

You claim white people have benefitted - but they have been surpassed by Asian Americans and Indian Americans. With your logic, those minority groups must have a systemic advantage. Guess what - they do. They follow a successful roadmap that has been implemented by successful people for generations.

Do you know who the fastest growing demographic is for increased poverty? White people. Why? Are they all of a sudden the victims of racism? No, they are embracing the same bad roadmap that too many black people have followed for years.

No I really want them to out themselves so I never have to read their posts again.
You sound like one of those, “if so and so gets elected, I’m leaving the country” - yet they never do. So censor me now and live in your echo chamber. Maybe when the right person gets into office, you can send me and others on here to re-education camps, like other countries that implement censorship over freedom of speech.

rich white people living together never notice racism. how would a white person on a white farm or in a white suburb notice racism? Trump has never seen racism because he is rich and lives with other rich white people. if you want to know what you DONT KNOW then go spend time where you dont normally spend time. Go experience what others experience and you will grow your brain. unfortunately nobody wants to do this. and until we do we will continue to be ignorant privileged white people who can't see what's wrong because its on the other side of town

So people of color can’t be rich? Wow you’re racist. People yelling the loudest usually are though...

I feel like this is well said. This guy is really smart and thoughtful

“Privilege is a hard concept for people to understand because normally when we talk of privilege, we think of immediate, unearned riches and tangible benefits for anyone who has it,” he said. “But White privilege – and indeed, all privilege – is about the absence of inconvenience, the absence of an impediment or challenge. As such when you have it, you really don’t notice it. But when it’s absent, it affects everything you do.”

“Privilege is a hard concept for people to understand because normally when we talk of privilege, we think of immediate, unearned riches and tangible benefits for anyone who has it,” he said. “But White privilege – and indeed, all privilege – is about the absence of inconvenience, the absence of an impediment or challenge. As such when you have it, you really don’t notice it. But when it’s absent, it affects everything you do.”
Who do you consider white people?

Well I guess since he put it out there, he's open to criticism from it.. I personally don't think he has enough experience to know what he is trying to talk about, and would prefer he doesn't use his position on the football team as a platform for unrelated social issues.
He would have much more valuable experience than what I'm assuming 99% of those denying racism have - - meaningful day to day shared experiences with actual black people. Claiming that the world wide discussion and emphasis on racial disparities created by the BLM movement is unrelated to College Football is also incorrect. Literally the largest social movement of the last 50 years. Or have you forgotten about peaceful marchers in literally every state in the country, and even around the globe. From my experience, those whining loudly about pro athletes, actors, or musicians using their platform to give their views on social issues always means, I don't like them to talk about issues in a way that I don't agree with. For every Susan Sarandon, there is a James Wood. For every LeBron James, there is a Curt Schilling. For every Springsteen, and Toby Keith. Looks to me like a lot of you clowns need to take his words to heart. Hi, I live in rural Nebraska, and I can confidently say racism no longer exists. LOL.

affirmative action says hello

This sounds more like envy to me.

Reactions: RedMyMind
rich white people living together never notice racism. how would a white person on a white farm or in a white suburb notice racism? Trump has never seen racism because he is rich and lives with other rich white people. if you want to know what you DONT KNOW then go spend time where you dont normally spend time. Go experience what others experience and you will grow your brain. unfortunately nobody wants to do this. and until we do we will continue to be ignorant privileged white people who can't see what's wrong because its on the other side of town
Victimhood and virtue signalers are the only 2 types who cry about racism.

People like you keeping telling others racism is a problem to virtue signal and attempt to hold power over others.

I've noticed the more people work hard at making themselves successful the less racism is an issue.

Your argument falls apart when you say minorities. It’s black people - hence BLACK Lives Matter. Not Asian, not Latino, not “fill in the blank.

You claim white people have benefitted - but they have been surpassed by Asian Americans and Indian Americans. With your logic, those minority groups must have a systemic advantage. Guess what - they do. They follow a successful roadmap that has been implemented by successful people for generations.

Do you know who the fastest growing demographic is for increased poverty? White people. Why? Are they all of a sudden the victims of racism? No, they are embracing the same bad roadmap that too many black people have followed for years.

Is it a roadmap, or a lie that has been perpetuated and a complete failure of leadership throughout the Country.
Single parent household = massive increase in % of poverty and likeliness of kid, generally speaking, getting involved in crime. It happens to both black and white. But pitting black vs. white sure is helpful to a certain group of people.

Is it a roadmap, or a lie that has been perpetuated and a complete failure of leadership throughout the Country.
Single parent household = massive increase in % of poverty and likeliness of kid, generally speaking, getting involved in crime. It happens to both black and white. But pitting black vs. white sure is helpful to a certain group of people.
feminism also contributed to the mess

Reactions: bshirt73
He would have much more valuable experience than what I'm assuming 99% of those denying racism have - - meaningful day to day shared experiences with actual black people. Claiming that the world wide discussion and emphasis on racial disparities created by the BLM movement is unrelated to College Football is also incorrect. Literally the largest social movement of the last 50 years. Or have you forgotten about peaceful marchers in literally every state in the country, and even around the globe. From my experience, those whining loudly about pro athletes, actors, or musicians using their platform to give their views on social issues always means, I don't like them to talk about issues in a way that I don't agree with. For every Susan Sarandon, there is a James Wood. For every LeBron James, there is a Curt Schilling. For every Springsteen, and Toby Keith. Looks to me like a lot of you clowns need to take his words to heart. Hi, I live in rural Nebraska, and I can confidently say racism no longer exists. LOL.

Do you need to lie to try to feel like you won an argument, or are you incapable of having a legitimate discussion on an issue? Are you doing the ol Kamala Harris “it was a debate” rationale to justify your lie? Who has said racism doesn’t exist? There are a few of you on here that seemingly cannot process the information. It’s very un-ordained minister like. And I must say, the taking a shot at rural Nebraskans is an especially intelligent and loving act.

Lebron James, the guy who, when talking about cops, said

“Or maybe he just left the house saying that today is going to be the end for one of these Black people.”

That Lebron James? Who suggests cops leave their house determined to kill a black person? What a great platform to spew that hate-filled total bullsh!t. I will always, always route against that d!psh!t.

One in the same. The roadmap that other minority groups have followed is one that states that you get married first, then have a kid after you determine you are mature enough mentally and financially to do it. The black community has abandoned this and the result is a national special olympics movement.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
You know what the biggest privilege is? Being born into a loving family preferrably with 2 loving parents there to care for and nurture you. It has little to do with money. Decades of the policies advanced by the likes of Pelosi and Biden have destroyed the family structure of black AND white families.
It has a lot to do with money and there is plenty of research to bear that out. Having both parents involved is also a huge advantage statistically.

Reactions: redinten
You didn’t answer my question earlier on who was considered white people when referring to white privilege. I will assume anybody who is not black, as this article only focuses on Black people, as all narratives suggest this demographic has the biggest challenge making it in America.

I agree with the findings of the article. But just evaluating where people live today does not even begin to solve the problem. How did these ZIP Codes become the hell holes that they are?

Another question - If you would’ve read this article prior to the coronavirus outbreak, would you have supported the shut down that happen? The reason I ask is that every months of the shut down, it was predicted that 6% of the American middle class would move permanently to the lower class. Using just 50% of the population so we’re not counting children and elderly people and using 2 months of shutdown, nearly 20,000,000 more people will be saddled with the challenges this article described. Those 20 million people will reproduce and the ill effects will explode exponentially.

Now for the people that were labeled caring about “the economy over lives”, this is exactly what those people we’re trying to save - is millions upon millions of people being saddled for their entire lives versus saving 200,000 people already over the age of 50.

Reactions: RedMyMind
It is interesting that much of the sentiment here is that if those with a few more obstacles in their path just work harder and give a big tug on the boot straps they will have success

but by god having to play Ohio st and Penn st in the same season is a bridge too far

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
It has a lot to do with money and there is plenty of research to bear that out. Having both parents involved is also a huge advantage statistically.
How does a kid be born into a house with more money? You said it, having both parents involved and participating in that child’s life.

It appears that we have figured it out.

It is interesting that much of the sentiment here is that if those with a few more obstacles in their path just work harder and give a big tug on the boot straps they will have success

but by god having to play Ohio st and Penn st in the same season is a bridge too far

Imagine comparing football season schedules with sjw ideals. 🤡

The solution to the problem is everyone else will need to change and become equally miserable. A growing percentage of a white people have been following the hip hop culture for the past several years and the results speak for themselves as the fastest growing poverty demographic.

Question is - are other minorities going to tie their hands behind their back to help make black people feel better? Time will tell.

Good to see you’re still connecting those imaginary dots. Keep up the good work.

I challenge all of those white folks that feel they have only achieved the successes they achieved, because they are white, to find themselves an impoverished African American single parent family and donate half of their monthly income, each month, to that black family. That way you can feel better about yourself, you are putting your money where your mouth is and we can see if money is the issue or if it is something else entirely.

I challenge all of those white folks that feel they have only achieved the successes they achieved, because they are white, to find themselves an impoverished African American single parent family and donate half of their monthly income, each month, to that black family. That way you can feel better about yourself, you are putting your money where your mouth is and we can see if money is the issue or if it is something else entirely.

Me thinks it is ideology and life choices are the causes. Brute force money throwing hasn't and probably won't ever change a thing

I can take in Fred & Lamont but that’s it!
screen-shot-2014-10-25-at-6-27-33-pm.png

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Do you need to lie to try to feel like you won an argument, or are you incapable of having a legitimate discussion on an issue? Are you doing the ol Kamala Harris “it was a debate” rationale to justify your lie? Who has said racism doesn’t exist? There are a few of you on here that seemingly cannot process the information. It’s very un-ordained minister like. And I must say, the taking a shot at rural Nebraskans is an especially intelligent and loving act.

Lebron James, the guy who, when talking about cops, said

“Or maybe he just left the house saying that today is going to be the end for one of these Black people.”

That Lebron James? Who suggests cops leave their house determined to kill a black person? What a great platform to spew that hate-filled total bullsh!t. I will always, always route against that d!psh!t.
LeBron James has done more for his community than you have, by an order of magnitude you likely aren't capable of calculating. What lies? You have legitimate points of discussion that racism doesn't exist? When someone says something factual (rural Nebraskan's don't have much, IF ANY, interaction with people of color), it isn't a low blow or "a shot". It's called reality.

LeBron James has done more for his community than you have, by an order of magnitude you likely aren't capable of calculating. What lies? You have legitimate points of discussion that racism doesn't exist? When someone says something factual (rural Nebraskan's don't have much, IF ANY, interaction with people of color), it isn't a low blow or "a shot". It's called reality.

That is great that he does things for his community. That doesn't make the comments about cops leaving their house looking to kill a black man any less irresponsible.

The lie is your representation that people are arguing that racism doesn’t exist. I’m done with this, it’s a huge waste of time. Good luck to you.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT