ADVERTISEMENT

Leader

I wonder where all the Asians are at? Why aren’t they admitting to their Asian privilege since they make WAY more than any other race. Oh wait, they aren’t privileged... they just value education and family more than any other race in America.

We all have one privilege... we’re AMERICANS.

That is his opinion. My opinion is there is no such thing as white privilege. My wife is dark and she has a masters degree. I am white and have an associate degree. We all have choices in life.

Exactly. My lady is also dark. She has a 4 year degree and is a mortgage loan processor. She makes a little more than me, a white male. In fact, the most racism she faced here in the US was from African Americans when she first came over from Africa as a child.

Reactions: 8675309husker
"If you cant decide against me or trump then you ain't black" or something like that
tenor.gif

Well I guess since he put it out there, he's open to criticism from it.. I personally don't think he has enough experience to know what he is trying to talk about, and would prefer he doesn't use his position on the football team as a platform for unrelated social issues.

I disagree with what he is saying, white privilege does not exist. I personally have many black friends who will tell you the same thing. Everyone in the country has the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. If you go through life with the attitude everyone is out to get you, you probably won't succeed in life.
I applaud him for doing what he feels in right. Also doing it on his own free time and doing it peacefully without destroying shit. We should all have the right to speak up on issue we are passionate about and not be criticized for it.

He’s a useful idiot for the marxists. He cant think for himself.

If my country, the good ol’ USA is world renown as racist, explain why people want to come here, flock here. Explain why people don’t leave. I’m still waiting for the Hollywood phonies to leave, as they promised if the Orange man was elected.

USA # 1

Since he doesn't think the same way you do he can't think for himself? Perhaps he might say the same thing about you.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Keep it rolling, I can't tell you how valuable it will be a month from now in the season to have so many of your posts never crossing my eyes ever again. Who else wants to chime in with their hot take about how liberals invented racial strife and how the only REAL discrimination happens to white guys who can't get promoted due to being white guys?

Reactions: Stlhuskers
Keep it rolling, I can't tell you how valuable it will be a month from now in the season to have so many of your posts never crossing my eyes ever again. Who else wants to chime in with their hot take about how liberals invented racial strife and how the only REAL discrimination happens to white guys who can't get promoted due to being white guys?
Infantile Intellectual

I haven’t read one post that stated that. Another swing and a miss from can’t get any beav.

I wonder where all the Asians are at? Why aren’t they admitting to their Asian privilege since they make WAY more than any other race. Oh wait, they aren’t privileged... they just value education and family more than any other race in America.

We all have one privilege... we’re AMERICANS.
It's because Asians have always been treated so much better than Blacks in American history. We even gave them nice cozy camps to live in during ww2.

As a black man and a former college football player, I commend Stille. But the BLM organization is terrible and the worst for black families. White leftists need to shut up. We aren't your slaves anymore.
Thanks for weighing in. No doubt this country still has a few racist knuckleheads out there but those are not the norm. I've been preaching for weeks what a negative effect BLM and the riots have had on black families and race relations. Apparently I'm not black enough to understand the truth according to some of my woke brethren. I just wonder what idiot will use the BLM's agenda as an excuse to shoot my black nephew who is a cop in Missouri. Yeah he's adopted but we love him and his sister no less. He's a Desert Storm vet and a good man doing a tough job. Both he and his sister are good parents raising their kids in a stable family and I fear what this all means for their children.

I don't have anything to say on the topic, but I'm confused by these threats.

are people supposed to be afraid of your choice to ignore them? how does the ignore function even work? I can't imagine ever using it, much less threatening it upon the masses as if my reading their posts is the end all, be all of their contributing to the board.

just genuinely confused by this line of thinking. please advise.

are people supposed to be afraid of your choice to ignore them? how does the ignore function even work? I can't imagine ever using it, much less threatening it upon the masses as if my reading their posts is the end all, be all of their contributing to the board.

It's like when the wife says she's giving you the silent treatment. She thinks it's punishment but the silence is golden. Lol

Two more for the ignore list. Anyone else want to pop out and deny that racism exists?

God I'd pay to see you lot not have the balls to say anything in front of Stille if you were face to face. You'd just quietly nod your head.

1. This is a free board.
2. There is no accountability outside of an email.
3. It is a college football board...so it attracts a certain "crowd". Mainly competitive white males who have time on their hands.
4. The team is situated in the middle of the great plains, bible belt, and most husker fans originate from smallish towns and rural areas. Getting a person from a small nebraska town to understand the effects of historic racism is like getting an urban person to understand where their food comes from...a complete disconnect.
5. I do wonder if some of these "men" would be o.k if their children knew how they acted and treated people on this board. Nearly everyone on this board would say they are practicing christians, little c, but I rarely see the values of Jesus exemplified. Unless Jesus was pro-corporate, anti-snowflake, pro-nationalist, and pro-"heritage".

****The most important thing to remember is this conflict is unavoidable. Science has discovered time and time again that successful people MUST believe they are control, that their actions lead to their success, if they don't they do not follow through with the appropriate steps to succeed. Paradoxically science has also proven that successful people must rely on a system for success, and even tiny advantages grow apace over time and experience so the hierarchy that we see, whether sexually, socially, racially, or culturally is easy explained by privilege or advantage, no matter how tiny. This paradox explains why self-described successful people think they did it themselves, while pointing out how unsuccessful people are lazy or unskilled. So both sides are right and wrong...racism does exist, and does hold people back and hard work is more important than privilege but success can't happen without a systemic advantage somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: arf_man
Ummmm... Racism is not rare.
If you look at a population of 350 million people, I would say that the OVERWHELMING majority of Americans are not racist. When you look at a town the size of Omaha, how many people do you really think are racist? Personally I haven't run in to anybody though I'm sure it's there. You are NEVER going to completely erase individual prejudices that are formed through life experiences. That's human nature. The riots and cop shootings have not halped.

No I really want them to out themselves so I never have to read their posts again.

In all fairness while I was in college I shared some of Ben Stilles sentiments, but I would say after getting my degree and within 6 months in corp america I realized I had been totally duped for the 1st 22 years of my life in regards to white privledge, the only systematic racism I saw was affirmative action and the racism/discrimination I saw was going in the opposite direction I had been taught.
How do explain the massive inequality in income, wealth, safety, homicides, sexual assaults, drug addiction between people of color and white people. This is a philosophical dichotomy:
1. It is caused by systemic racism that has benefitted the main tribe in America, mainly the white, male, protestants...
2. It is caused by innate differences in the races...ie...(you are a racist).

People who ignore historical racism, and present white supremacy, but are aware of the inequality between races...must come to conclusion that the inequality is acceptable, and logical and either ordained or natural. It should not surprise people that Americans would believe such things. At the outbreak of the civil war there were over a million slaveholders in the south. The average holder only held three slaves. And that power was taken by force not by introspection or morality. It took another 100 years for segregation to be reexamined. And we are only 70 years passed that. 200 years of slavery, 100 years of segregation and Jim Crow, 70 years of pretending it didn't happen.

I do believe that education about these topics tends to be accusatory, and hypocritical in being understanding of societal influences on people of color but not accepting that white people are also under societal influence when they become bigoted and racist and don't even know it. Corporate america is relatively careful about appearing openly racist, and income inequality between white and black/brown folks is within 20%, mainly because of the degeneration of the white family and the lack of low skilled union jobs. The wealth gap is astronomical, for every $100 saved that a person of color has, a white person has $1000. And this is mostly due to government policies that subsidized white housing in the middle of last century, and purposefully blocked black families from those same neighborhoods. The easy answer to ignore it, which is why so many people do. If you are a christian, who pretends to love other human beings however, that becomes a bit of a pitfall. How do accept that so many people are born in trauma, violence, poverty, while you work your corporate job?

Last edited:
Reactions: redinten
Ben means well. He is only speaking about it now because he was recently told racism is still a problem. He had to be told because he doesnt see racism in institutions or systemically or even in his community. Only when hes told it exists. Know why? Racism is rare today. And incidents of actual race based racism are very isolated. It doesnt have an impact on society at large.
Are you for real???...racism is isolated and doesn’t have an impact on society?? I really am speechless..I am 70 years old and have lived in most all regions in the country and can tell you for a fact that racism is alive and rampant in most areas. But go ahead and follow the narrative that you and your orange haired leader spouts..I feel beyond sorry for you.

Reactions: TheBeav815
How do explain the massive inequality in income, wealth, safety, homicides, sexual assaults, drug addiction between people of color and white people. This is a philosophical dichotomy:
1. It is caused by systemic racism that has benefitted the main tribe in America, mainly the white, male, protestants...
2. It is caused by innate differences in the races...ie...(you are a racist).

People who ignore historical racism, and present white supremacy, but are aware of the inequality between races...must come to conclusion that the inequality is acceptable, and logical and either ordained or natural. It should not surprise people that Americans would believe such things. At the outbreak of the civil war there were over a million slaveholders in the south. The average holder only held three slaves. And that power was taken by force not by introspection or morality. It took another 100 years for segregation to be reexamined. And we are only 70 years passed that. 200 years of slavery, 100 years of segregation and Jim Crow, 70 years of pretending it didn't happen.

I do believe that education about these topics tends to be accusatory, and hypocritical in being understanding of societal influences on people of color but not accepting that white people are also under societal influence when they become bigoted and racist and don't even know it. Corporate america is relatively careful about appearing openly racist, and income inequality between white and black/brown folks is within 20%, mainly because of the degeneration of the white family and the lack of low skilled union jobs. The wealth gap is astronomical, for every $100 saved that a person of color has, a white person has $1000. And this is mostly due to government policies that subsidized white housing in the middle of last century, and purposefully blocked black families from those same neighborhoods. The easy answer to ignore it, which is why so many people do. If you are a christian, who pretends to love other human beings however, that becomes a bit of a pitfall. How do accept that so many people are born in trauma, violence, poverty, while you work your corporate job?
Or, it has more to do with living in areas with high population density. Psychologically, people need alone time just like they need personal interaction. Its harder for people to fulfill the need of "just leave me alone" when they are constantly surrounded by others and that leads to a level of psychosis. Get to that point and the only response is self medication or lash out, or worse yet, so both.

That is his opinion. My opinion is there is no such thing as white privilege. My wife is dark and she has a masters degree. I am white and have an associate degree. We all have choices in life.
your choice is to be ignorant. just because a white person is in poverty and a black person is rich does not prove there is not white privilege. take out the color if you want but it is not debatable that kids of rich people have a higher probability of being rich than kids of poor people. where you begin gives you odds one way or the other. it is not a definitive answer but a strong indicator.
its kinda like if the Browns played the Chiefs 100 times. They would win a couple times but most of the time the Chiefs would win. Same thing with socioeconomic status. if you start high you are much much more likely to stay high. it is a privilege to be born into a higher socioeconomic status. it is luck. and a lot of people who get out of poverty didn't get out because of hard work. sometimes they just get lucky.
like the browns would a couple times out of a hundred

Are you for real???...racism is isolated and doesn’t have an impact on society?? I really am speechless..I am 70 years old and have lived in most all regions in the country and can tell you for a fact that racism is alive and rampant in most areas. But go ahead and follow the narrative that you and your orange haired leader spouts..I feel beyond sorry for you.
rich white people living together never notice racism. how would a white person on a white farm or in a white suburb notice racism? Trump has never seen racism because he is rich and lives with other rich white people. if you want to know what you DONT KNOW then go spend time where you dont normally spend time. Go experience what others experience and you will grow your brain. unfortunately nobody wants to do this. and until we do we will continue to be ignorant privileged white people who can't see what's wrong because its on the other side of town

rich white people living together never notice racism. how would a white person on a white farm or in a white suburb notice racism? Trump has never seen racism because he is rich and lives with other rich white people. if you want to know what you DONT KNOW then go spend time where you dont normally spend time. Go experience what others experience and you will grow your brain. unfortunately nobody wants to do this. and until we do we will continue to be ignorant privileged white people who can't see what's wrong because its on the other side of town
You mean like these spoiled entitled white brats in antifa and BLM who have no damn clue how great they have it in this country. If you hate your country and your freedoms so much GTFO. Nobody will be missed.

Do you have to live in a racist area to understand it? How old are you, what color are you, and where do you live (city or suburb)? Does Trump associate only with rich white people? How could you know this? And where did Trump come from in your response, and why? Did he spring up from your hatred? Does Biden live in the hood with a bunch of minorities?

Ignorant privileged white people who can’t see what’s wrong? Tell me, what precisely is wrong? Stop your yammering and explain exactly what is wrong. And let me get this straight, the “other side of town” doesn’t include a healthy percentage of “white people.” How is that? Why are “white people” always “privileged?” Why is that word used when describing a white person?

Reactions: c3o and SeaOfRed75
your choice is to be ignorant. just because a white person is in poverty and a black person is rich does not prove there is not white privilege. take out the color if you want but it is not debatable that kids of rich people have a higher probability of being rich than kids of poor people. where you begin gives you odds one way or the other. it is not a definitive answer but a strong indicator.
its kinda like if the Browns played the Chiefs 100 times. They would win a couple times but most of the time the Chiefs would win. Same thing with socioeconomic status. if you start high you are much much more likely to stay high. it is a privilege to be born into a higher socioeconomic status. it is luck. and a lot of people who get out of poverty didn't get out because of hard work. sometimes they just get lucky.
like the browns would a couple times out of a hundred

You profess that there is “white privilege” and then, to bolster your argument, you say “take color out of it?” Goodness gracious. Then you follow it up with the opinion that people who get out of poverty only get out because they are lucky. Forget about my questions above, I don’t need your response.

Reactions: c3o and SeaOfRed75
I disagree with what he is saying, white privilege does not exist. I personally have many black friends who will tell you the same thing. Everyone in the country has the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. If you go through life with the attitude everyone is out to get you, you probably won't succeed in life.
I applaud him for doing what he feels in right. Also doing it on his own free time and doing it peacefully without destroying shit. We should all have the right to speak up on issue we are passionate about and not be criticized for it.
You know what the biggest privilege is? Being born into a loving family preferrably with 2 loving parents there to care for and nurture you. It has little to do with money. Decades of the policies advanced by the likes of Pelosi and Biden have destroyed the family structure of black AND white families.

ADVERTISEMENT