ADVERTISEMENT

LB's have the teams success level in their hands.....

DesertHusker96

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
I feel we know what we have with the front 4 and the DB's. Yes we have some big questions on the O side of the ball too. If the LB's become a strength then we should not see a blowout. The D can keep us in all games if the LB's play at the same level or above the rest of the D. We cannot allow teams to start running downhill on us...it gets us stretched out and the whole dynamic changes for the entire team. In the past big losses have shown that our QB tries to do too much, gets sloppy and the OC feels pressed so the whole O presses.

I'd love to see our team become a defensive that forces 3 and outs, forces the other team to take chances and our DB's start ball hawking. Again...it will fall in the lap of the LB's to perform in order for that pace of play to occur.

I'd love to see our O allowed freedoms and opportunities created by great defensive play. We can choose to grind down the opponent with 4 good RB's and/or burn them with play action, pick at the corners and throw a quick ball to our speedsters to see if they can pop one. All that can occur if the D controls the game/pace.

Can it happen? Yes! Will it happen? I'm sure at times...if we grow into something near that we may have a lot of fun this season.

What do you want to see oh wise ones of RSS?

DH

Reactions: codawgohuskers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News