ADVERTISEMENT

LB Decommits

I’m all N, as a place holder it should read. New flask son, if you’re all in, you wouldn’t be interested in taking officials to have your ego stroked.RollingLaugh

Reactions: donahues17
I was hoping this meant we were recruiting over him, but the tweet makes it sound like coaches may have just told him we don’t have time to mess around- either stay in or get out.

I can’t blame kids for wanting to take advantage of free trips/experiences and you don’t want every kid to wait until late in the season after visits to commit, but I know Ferentz was a “no visits after you commit” guy. Not sure how other coaches handle it.

I’d probably just have a conversation with the kid to gage the level of commitment. If I were to ban visits it’d be after a certain date (e.g. September 21) to allow time to coordinate alternate plans.

You can’t afford to spend the time this staff has spent on Paul without being confident that he wants to be here. They can’t waste time on a kid who thinks he may get better offers. Let him look but don’t accept his commitment until he is truly committed. He appeared truly committed and they accepted his commitment. But now he’s backing off so we will too.

Meh. Don’t care. If we don’t win this year none of this will matter. Decommits will come in bundles.
We HAVE to have a strong season this year. It’s been a long time since anyone gave a shit about Frost’s one good year as a head coach. The recruits will come in bundles if we win this year and generate positive vibes. Another season of suck and we will struggle in recruiting. It is that simple.
Right now Nebraska football as a “brand” is almost dead. Nobody gives a crap. Even a lot of Nebraskans.
Frost MUST win this year. Must.

Meh. Don’t care. If we don’t win this year none of this will matter. Decommits will come in bundles.
We HAVE to have a strong season this year. It’s been a long time since anyone gave a shit about Frost’s one good year as a head coach. The recruits will come in bundles if we win this year and generate positive vibes. Another season of suck and we will struggle in recruiting. It is that simple.
Right now Nebraska football as a “brand” is almost dead. Nobody gives a crap. Even a lot of Nebraskans.
Frost MUST win this year. Must.
You might be right but it has been twenty years since this program scared anybody. Yet somehow we seem to get allegedly good recruits every year.

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no memory of even Frank Solich teams much less our elite teams. So perhaps a “strong season” by NU post-2000 standards needs to be defined. 7-5?

Not to sound like sour grapes, but I’m actually glad to hear this. It’s going to be a smaller class anyway and Paul really seemed like a lower level commit. Not real big but not real fast? This is good news.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You might be right but it has been twenty years since this program scared anybody. Yet somehow we seem to get allegedly good recruits every year.

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no memory of even Frank Solich teams much less our elite teams. So perhaps a “strong season” by NU post-2000 standards needs to be defined. 7-5?
At this point I would take 7-5. But we need better than that. For 20 years we have been playing the “wait until two years from now” game. Well this is year three for Mr. Frost. Put up or shut up time. All the “bad apples” are gone. This is now HIS team. Win, or stfu.

He sounds like the coaches that say "I have no interest in taking any other positions, I am 100% committed to my school". 1 week later "after much consideration and lengthy talks with my family, I would like to announce I am taking the ...... job".

I have never understood the "no visits after you commit" thing.

So...just agree to it and take your visits anyway. How would the coach know? They see it on twitter? So you just go "Yeah, I didn't go anywhere, don't know what that is about" what is the coach going to say? "You are lying!!!!"

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Nah I thing we can go somewhere in between....you don't have to back THAT FAR. I'm thinking more like from Coach Bo Pelini 2008-2014 standards minimum. 9 to 10 wins every year and 3 conference title game appearances.

Even with a few bad losses to Wisconsin I don't EVER remember the amount of decommits, defections, guys getting kicked off the team or transfers from 2008-14 as their a has been the last 2 years. Not even 10% over a 7 year period......do I need to name NAMES???

ITS TIME TO WIN and get DUDES DRAFTED!!!!

Reactions: NikkiSixx
At this point I would take 7-5. But we need better than that. For 20 years we have been playing the “wait until two years from now” game. Well this is year three for Mr. Frost. Put up or shut up time. All the “bad apples” are gone. This is now HIS team. Win, or stfu.

Well Penny, I certainly agree we should see some real improvement this year. However, there's little chance on seeing a 1971 or 1995 animal squad destroying everybody.

Oh, I know it's sick & disgusting from previous NU HC's pathetic results. There's no denying that. But with an OLine that should be massively better than what we've seen for years "and" a returning qb, rb "and" our special team that can't possibly be as inept as last year..... well, you just might enjoy having your Jim Beam ready. I think we'll have fun.

Hang in there partner.....:)

I want to win champion ships

So does every single one of us. But National Titles are a little ways away. Right now, it’s all about winning the West and banging our heads against an Elite OSU team in the BIG 10 title game till we get more talent built up. I don’t see us instantly becoming National Title contenders, not for awhile anyways.

So does every single one of us. But National Titles are a little ways away. Right now, it’s all about winning the West and banging our heads against an Elite OSU team in the BIG 10 title game till we get more talent built up. I don’t see us instantly becoming National Title contenders, not for awhile anyways.
It only took too years at UCF and they won a national title. No moar excuses

Your sarcasm detector needs a tune up.

I am not going to be happy with 7 wins. It doesn't mean the sky is falling, it just means mediocre. I really think we should expect 8 wins. I'd be pretty giddy with 9.

Even though he was listed as a commit on the recruiting boards, I don't believe the coaches ever really considered him a commit on their own board. It was more of a sign of mutual interest. Nebraska never stopped recruiting other LBs. Chris Paul didn't really stop looking around. And with Nebraska's success is getting other commits at inside LB, I doubt our interest is as high as it once was. But no point in burning bridges. If he eventually wants to commit for real, then the coaches can decide if he fits in.

Reactions: headcard
Your sarcasm detector needs a tune up.

yeah my sarcasm detector has NEVER been good. Sometimes it’s almost impossible to tell when some of you guys are being serious or playing. Sometimes there aren’t even any hints given their posts. Or, they are so dam bored they dig up a 5 year old thread to troll ;)

Reactions: Wannabee8
Well Penny, I certainly agree we should see some real improvement this year. However, there's little chance on seeing a 1971 or 1995 animal squad destroying everybody.

Oh, I know it's sick & disgusting from previous NU HC's pathetic results. There's no denying that. But with an OLine that should be massively better than what we've seen for years "and" a returning qb, rb "and" our special team that can't possibly be as inept as last year..... well, you just might enjoy having your Jim Beam ready. I think we'll have fun.

Hang in there partner.....:)
Trying!

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
yeah my sarcasm detector has NEVER been good. Sometimes it’s almost impossible to tell when some of you guys are being serious or playing. Sometimes there aren’t even any hints given their posts. Or, they are so dam bored they dig up a 5 year old thread to troll ;)
I tend to like the kind of jokes that are tougher to tell if they’re jokes or not, as I myself have a fairly dry sense of humor.

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT