ADVERTISEMENT

Lay-off/furlough notices today in AD’s office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know...I'll just say this to everyone. At this point, after 175,000+ deaths from this virus, if you are still arguing against wearing masks, social distancing, or washing hands regularly, you're the one that has made this political, and in doing so, have lost touch with reality.

If you still truly think this virus is a hoax, or if you think the FDA is intentionally slowing approval of vaccines until after the election (another conspiracy floated by this wacky administration) you truly need professional help.

Tell me, what other reason would there be to continue fighting against recommendations from the CDC, the WHO, the Mayo Clinic, and pretty much any other reputable medical organization on the face of the earth? What's next, thinking these 175,000 people injected cyanide and called it Covid-19, just so the Democrats could win the White House? Jeesh..
agreed. so if there are 10,000 deaths wrongly attributed to covid? so what? there's still 165,000 deaths. some of you people are just mad at the situation which is understandable but trying to decrease the death count by a few people or create distrust in the professionals wont fix this thing. There probably is an over reaction of some magnitude. But becoming conspiracy theorists to try to make yourself feel more right is more scary than the virus

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
You better go back in your bubble so you can be mankind savior, you employed by the government? You get a check regardless. The rest of us in the private sector will continue going to work to pay our bills and mortgages, and on Sundays go to church/Mass
sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for.

You know...I'll just say this to everyone. At this point, after 175,000+ deaths from this virus, if you are still arguing against wearing masks, social distancing, or washing hands regularly, you're the one that has made this political, and in doing so, have lost touch with reality.

If you still truly think this virus is a hoax, or if you think the FDA is intentionally slowing approval of vaccines until after the election (another conspiracy floated by this wacky administration) you truly need professional help.

Tell me, what other reason would there be to continue fighting against recommendations from the CDC, the WHO, the Mayo Clinic, and pretty much any other reputable medical organization on the face of the earth? What's next, thinking these 175,000 people injected cyanide and called it Covid-19, just so the Democrats could win the White House? Jeesh..

It's cute how you think stomping your feet about some ridiculously questionable and arbitrary death number matters. You've been doing it for months. Obviously the reality is noth matching your spastic responses.

Im not on a side psycho. Im pointing out you cannot draw conclusions without comparative clinical data. You can apply that to either side. YOU are part of the problem. YOU like to try identify people and belittle people without knowing anything about them. I'm not biased.
you data shows masks didn't stop the virus from transmitting. It does not show it is worthless. I dont even know the rest of your mumbo jumbo because you got so girly emotional you made no sense. if you'd like to ask a logical less emotional question to me go ahead. but nothing you said makes any sense. just because you dont know anything about statistics doesn't mean everyone else is out to get you. its okay to be humble and ask questions instead of acting like people who disagree with you are your enemy. people do and can talk it out. you sound like your about ready to lose it mentally. take a breath. no one is out to get you. and the vast majority of us are not how you want to think of us. you exaggerate everything like my teenage daughter

#triggered

LMAO! I'm quoting the CDC, the WHO, the Mayo Clinic...but you have Ian Miller on your side. Whatever the F*** that is. Dude, you're a piece of work.. LaughingLaughingLaughing

I mean if you think that data is wrong by all means show us yours. Explain it to us. I don't think we need another parrot for govt recommendations that have been total garbage this far, we have bingo for that.

Nope. It is about 1000x less severe than that. Unless you're over 75. Then it's only 500x less severe.

Did you see the word "estimate" in there, professor? That's why we look at Case Fatality Rate, because those numbers are definitive. You divide the number of deaths by the number of positive tests. That's where we come up with 3.16%.

Hilarious!! You're willing to accept estimates on total numbers of Covid cases, but demand multiple peer-reviewed clinical trials to prove mask efficacy. Bravo! RollingLaugh

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
Did you see the word "estimate" in there, professor? That's why we look at Case Fatality Rate, because those numbers are definitive. You divide the number of deaths by the number of positive tests. That's where we come up with 3.16%.

Hilarious!! You're willing to accept estimates on total numbers of Covid cases, but demand multiple peer-reviewed clinical trials to prove mask efficacy. Bravo! RollingLaugh

It's the same way flu infections are estimated. You should have picked up on that. And the cfr and ifr are broke down there neatly for you. Not sure why this so hilarious to someone who is such an expert as yourself.

If you have better data go ahead and share.

For someone so pompous I'd think you'd have more substance. I'm done explaining it to you. If you can't follow along ask someone else to help you.

It's cute how you think stomping your feet about some ridiculously questionable and arbitrary death number matters. You've been doing it for months. Obviously the reality is noth matching your spastic responses.

Let me explain it to you, simp. Remember in March and April when we didn't have reliable tests? When we were losing thousands of people during that time, many of those deaths weren't being counted as Covid deaths, because contrary to popular belief by conspiracy kooks like yourself, you can't just put type "Covid-19" on a death certificate when you don't have definitive proof that the patient died of Covid-19. That's why the numbers of Covid deaths are much more likely to be "Undercounted," not overcounted.

Jeesh, do some reading for once in your life.

Let me explain it to you, simp. Remember in March and April when we didn't have reliable tests? When we were losing thousands of people during that time, many of those deaths weren't being counted as Covid deaths, because contrary to popular belief by conspiracy kooks like yourself, you can't just put type "Covid-19" on a death certificate when you don't have definitive proof that the patient died of Covid-19. That's why the numbers of Covid deaths are much more likely to be "Undercounted," not overcounted.

Jeesh, do some reading for once in your life.

You really don't live in reality.

It's the same way flu infections are estimated. You should have picked up on that. And the cfr and ifr are broke down there neatly for you. Not sure why this so hilarious to someone who is such an expert as yourself.

If you have better data go ahead and share.

For someone so pompous I'd think you'd have more substance. I'm done explaining it to you. If you can't follow along ask someone else to help you.

When I provide you with this information...f'ing read it!! I'm tired of posting it over and over. I can only provide you with the data. If you're not going to read it, I'm wasting my time.

Now read this, so I don't have to keep posting it!

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2766121

Last edited:
I just like to keep things "fair and balanced" around here since I keep hearing about how everything is political on the Democrats end. It's all political...... on every side.

So you're just trying to politically stir the pot? Really showing how you're not part of that stupid group ehh?

Remember in March and April when we didn't have reliable tests?

You mean like we do now? - Did you see the NFL story this weekend that all 77 NFL positive tests turned out to be false positives. I personally know 4 people who signed up for Covid tests, skipped the test and then received emails stating they were positive. I know someone else who took the test, got an email that said he was negative, got an email 4 hours later stating he was positive, and later got another email stating he was negative after all. My uncle died of "Covid" a few months back. He was in end-stage dementia from exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. He no longer recognized his family, was already on oxygen and would probably not be alive today regardless. But, they randomly tested him and he came up positive, so he is statistically a COVID death, notwithstanding no traceable exposure to anyone who was positive, The whole damn thing is a cluster.

The reality is people are dying from Covid 19. From March 1st 2019 until May 31st 2019, roughly 750,000 Americans died in the United States. That same time period in 2020 875,000 died. So someway somehow 125,000 more people died this year. Are deaths being wrongly classified? I believe so, but they are still dying.

The reality is people are dying from Covid 19. From March 1st 2019 until May 31st 2019, roughly 750,000 Americans died in the United States. That same time period in 2020 875,000 died. So someway somehow 125,000 more people died this year. Are deaths being wrongly classified? I believe so, but they are still dying.
Total deaths likely would have been somewhat up this year over last anyway just simply due to an aging population, so it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. It'll be a year before we have a pretty definitive idea of how many people actually did die from covid.

So your saying the population is older this year? Wow
Yeah, and with age comes death. Its not a contentious or controversial thing at all. We will see an increased volume of deaths each year until the boomer generation ages out and the median age is lower. Its just another variable that goes into the equation.

I don't recall him mentioning either social distancing or hand washing, but if he did, even better. Yeah, I'm trying to pull a fast one on the public...by telling them that just wearing a mask will work equal to a vaccine. "And... If you social distance and wash your hands, it will work even better than a vaccine. I'm told at 106%. It actually reverses the virus and makes you healthier than you were prior to wearing the mask, social distancing, and washing your hands. Eureka!!" :rolleyes:

How about him saying that if we all wore masks, we could get this virus under control in 4 - 8 weeks? Is that convincing enough? I'll guess the social distancing and hand washing is implied in that statement too.
Anything that reminds people to wear masks, social distance, or wash their hands will do that much more to slow this virus.

Listen, I'm not the one arguing against social distancing, hand washing, or mask wearing. I live my life daily doing all 3. You might want to take that up with the dipshits that are. Actually, if there is anyone at this point that is arguing against any of the three, they are just socially irresponsible.
You couldn't miss the part about social distancing. It is in FACT the most important part of this deal and yet you completely omitted it. You don't go and sit for an hour elbow to elbow with a stranger in a bar regardless of whether or not you are wearing a mask.. Medical guidance right now is that aerosol transmission is unlikely unless you are within 6 feet of a shedder for more than 15 minutes. Masks are a part of the deal and I wear one, but MOST of the masks I see worn by your woke brethren are COMPLETELY useless. When I can see right through them they're a joke. Neck gaiters are a joke. ANY single layer cloth mask is a joke. Quit selling mask wearing as if it's a panacea for COVID. That idea is complete bullsh##.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You couldn't miss the part about social distancing. It is in FACT the most important part of this deal and yet you completely omitted it. You don't go and sit for an hour elbow to elbow with a stranger in a bar regardless of whether or not you are wearing a mask.. Medical guidance right now is that aerosol transmission is unlikely unless you are within 6 feet of a shedder for more than 15 minutes. Masks are a part of the deal and I wear one, but MOST of the masks I see worn by your woke brethren are COMPLETELY useless. When I can see right through them they're a joke. Neck gaiters are a joke. ANY single layer cloth mask is a joke. Quit selling mask wearing as if it's a panacea for COVID. That idea is complete bullsh##.
I think what you say might be pretty accurate but we do know of several instances where infected people with symptoms spent 30-60 minutes in less than 3 feet of distance from about 150 other people over the course of 2 days. About 120 of those people were tested and NONE were positive. We will never know for sure why but we do know both the hairdressers who were showing symptoms and all the customers themselves were wearing masks the entire time. Again its not definitive proof but given the contagiousness of this virus its definitely something that could have played a key role in no transmission

We have common sense. So exactly what is your expertise? LPN?
based on the average common sense score in this country that doesn't sound like something I would consider leaning on. Its kinda like trying to give a compliment to an ugly person.
you know like "well he isnt very smart by most standards but he does have common sense"

based on the average common sense score in this country that doesn't sound like something I would consider leaning on. Its kinda like trying to give a compliment to an ugly person.
you know like "well he isnt very smart by most standards but he does have common sense"
Evidently you don’t have any

you've posted 11 times. you joined yesterday. owning clowns like you for having milktoast takes is literally what this board was made for

buttonbob, save it. 24 hours hardly makes you a moral authority.
I see you edited as well. How come?

Did you have 2,000+ posts when you joined? How many posts/ how much time before someone gets to be as cool as you?

I'm pretty certain no one is a moral authority simply because they post on a message board.

You should also learn the difference between "milk toast/ milktoast" and "milquetoast" before you throw the term around. Almost as bad as saying, "your dum".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_toast

GO BIG RED!!

You do not. Your statements on here are fractional and misleading.

You mean sorta like saying sunlight kills the Coronavirus in a nanosecond? Misleading in that manner?

Tell me what legitimate medical school doesn't believe that masks reduce the spread of this virus. You're full of shit.

Oh, my apologies. I forgot about Ian Miller being a legitimate source. Laughing

You mean like we do now? - Did you see the NFL story this weekend that all 77 NFL positive tests turned out to be false positives. I personally know 4 people who signed up for Covid tests, skipped the test and then received emails stating they were positive. I know someone else who took the test, got an email that said he was negative, got an email 4 hours later stating he was positive, and later got another email stating he was negative after all. My uncle died of "Covid" a few months back. He was in end-stage dementia from exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. He no longer recognized his family, was already on oxygen and would probably not be alive today regardless. But, they randomly tested him and he came up positive, so he is statistically a COVID death, notwithstanding no traceable exposure to anyone who was positive, The whole damn thing is a cluster.

Fantastic, you have 81 people supporting your argument. Sigh.. The fact is, we didn't have testing at all during the early days of this pandemic, and as people were dying from it, they weren't being counted toward Covid deaths. UNDERCOUNTED!!

NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB, PGA, NASCAR - all playing. NFL camps have started.

In my neck of the woods, high school volleyball and fast-pitch softball are being played right now. High school football teams are practicing and scrimmaging, preparing to start their regular season next Friday. Cross country also starts next week.

ACC, Big 12, SEC, Conference USA, American Athletic Conference, Sunbelt Conference, plus BYU, Notre Dame, Army, and Liberty - all playing football. At least for now.

People see this and naturally question the B1G’s decision.

Reactions: timnsun
how convenient that you left off part of Rodgers's statement. You know the most important part where he talks about maintaining physical distance and hand washing....:rolleyes: Mask wearing alone will NOT have the same efficacy as a vaccine. Nice dishonest try there.

BTW, it was Redfield that I heard say that if 95% of the public wore masks, it would be equivalent to a vaccine. Maybe he was quoting someone else, and did indeed forget to mention social distancing and washing hands. I don't remember him mentioning social distancing or washing hands. Not saying he didn't, but I don't remember him saying that.

BTW, social distancingo 6 or more feet does not have more impact than masks. Maybe you should read up. Not only will sneezes and coughs propel aerosolized droplets much much further than 6 feet (up to 25 ft.), but the mosture on aerosolized viral droplets evaporates, and viral particles can float in the air for an extended period of time. Some papers have mentioned for hours.

If what you mean by social distancing is that people staying home reduces transmissions, then of course that is the case, but if staying just 6 feet away from others is the standard, then masks would have as much impact as people without masks that are staying just 6 feet or more from others. Especially when you consider that masks reduce aerosolization, which can float around for quite some time.

You also apparently didn't read my original post in this thread very well. I said..

”The head of the CDC said that if 95% of the population were to wear masks in public, it would have app. the same efficacy as a Covid-19 vaccine. In addition, recent info suggests that wearing a mask can actually reduce the amount of virus the mask wearer is exposed to. That can cause fewer symptoms as a result of lesser exposure.

No one is saying that masks will completely eliminate transmissions. But masks, along with social distancing and hand washing do make a difference."

Last edited:
We have common sense. So exactly what is your expertise? LPN?

I have a Biology degree, and a masters in Ex. Physiology, and have about 22 years in pharmaceutical and medical sales. None of that makes me an expert, but it gives me a strong knowledge base to understand immunology and epidemiology. That's why I quote medical experts.

And as someone that goes into hospitals and surgery centers daily, it makes me stay up to date on clinical matters associated with SARS-CoV-2.
It generally makes me much more well read on clinical topics than most on this site too. Other than physicians, PAs, NPs, and researchers.

I have a Biology degree, and a masters in Ex. Physiology, and have about 22 years in pharmaceutical and medical sales. None of that makes me an expert. That's why I quote medical experts. It generally makes me much more well read on clinical topics than most on this site though. Other than physicians, PAs, NPs, and researchers.
So your a drug dealer! Look I think what you have accomplished is great. I’m definitely not a expert just my two cents. There is a lot of miss information out there. There have been way to many reports that patients have used and were cured with hydroxychlorquine. Look I don’t care if Russia or a dr in Montana finds something the will treat it effectively. That should be reported

So your a drug dealer! Look I think what you have accomplished is great. I’m definitely not a expert just my two cents. There is a lot of miss information out there. There have been way to many reports that patients have used and were cured with hydroxychlorquine. Look I don’t care if Russia or a dr in Montana finds something the will treat it effectively. That should be reported

I'm in full agreement that if something works, use the hell out of it! Physicians don't have many choices right now, but they are resourceful, and are using medications off label to their advantage. It's why we are seeing higher cases but lower numbers of deaths. They are going outside the box, which is great to see.

With regard to hydroxychloroquine, the problem is that the largest well-controlled trial on this medication tells us that is doesn't work. The study that has been referenced a great deal recently, that supposedly shows benefit, is not a randomized trial, and its methodology is clearly in question.

What I've heard just from anecdotal reports is that hydroxychloroquine has shown benefit to patients with mild symptomology, but again those are only anecdotal reports. But...if it can help patients, I don't care if Trump endorsed it or not. If there is any clinical data that supports its use, then it should be used.

I'm in full agreement that if something works, use the hell out of it! Physicians don't have many choices right now, but they are resourceful, and are using medications off label to their advantage. It's why we are seeing higher cases but lower numbers of deaths. They are going outside the box, which is great to see.

With regard to hydroxychloroquine, the problem is that the largest well-controlled trial on this medication tells us that is doesn't work. The study that has been referenced a great deal recently, that supposedly shows benefit, is not a randomized trial, and its methodology is clearly in question.

What I've heard just from anecdotal reports is that hydroxychloroquine has shown benefit to patients with mild symptomology, but again those are only anecdotal reports. But...if it can help patients, I don't care if Trump endorsed it or not. If there is any clinical data that supports its use, then it should be used.
See that’s my problem, why do they need clinical data? If for example 5 aspirins and 2 zinc pills help control it, why not endorse it? By biggest complaint is if it’s not expensive drug it’s doesn’t work. Someone or company is going to make out like a fat hog on something that works 55% of the time but by gawd we have the data.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT