ADVERTISEMENT

Lay-off/furlough notices today in AD’s office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard they furloughed about 50 employees.. will make only a 3 million dollar dent in things.

Still surprised the push to leave the conference wasn't stronger.. the whole city of Lincoln is going to feel this in a very big way.

Kind of ironic, Nebraska came to the B1G chasing money.. and this is what it's gotten them.

Last edited:
Iowa just announced cutting of some sports programs. It’s just a matter of time for Nebraska as well. Damn.
I found it shocking that Nebraska actually is shutting down the training table. I thought nutrition was considered such a big deal in athletic performance. Must mean they have little confidence in a Spring Season ever happening or they're not going to do everything they can to be most competitive.

Stating the obvious here but Kevin Warren's leadership is going to have a devastating effect on sports programs across the Conference. He single handedly has brought the B1G sports programs to their knees like I would have never imagined possible. Makes you wonder if he isn't getting paid under the table by the $EC to ruin the B1G.

IMO this isn't just going to be a temporary thing. It's going to hurt for several years. Some sports will be eliminated forever. And the new Nebraska sports facility may get postponed for years.

Last edited:
I found it shocking that Nebraska actually is shutting down the training table. I thought nutrition was considered such a big deal in athletic performance. Must mean they have little confidence in a Spring Season ever happening or they're not going to do everything they can to be most competitive.

Stating the obvious here but Kevin Warren's leadership is going to have a devastating effect on sports programs across the Conference. He single handedly has brought the B1G sports programs to their knees like I would have never imagined possible. Makes you wonder if he isn't getting paid under the table by the $EC to ruin the B1G.

IMO this isn't just going to be a temporary thing. It's going to hurt for several years. Some sports wmyill be eliminated forever. And the new Nebraska sports facility may get postponed for years.
The training table was one of the biggest benefits for the walkons. Will football be allowed to continue this time honored tradition of doubling the scholarship numbers with walk ons or will it become a casualty?

Something with a .03% kill rate has managed to morph into a 1000% economic kill rate. Good job guys. Hope you're happy.
Something with a .03% kill rate has managed to morph into a 1000% economic kill rate. Good job guys. Hope you're happy.
Since we are talking silly. 175k dead and a massive economic overreaction. The economy is damaged because Americans are too lazy to adapt... Americans just want to shut their brain off, get paycheck and be taken care of. If Americans really cared they would support those businesses anyway, but that would require effort, planning and selflessness. So that puts us out... way to go lazy, fat Americans! U.S.A.!!!!

Since we are talking silly. 175k dead and a massive economic overreaction. The economy is damaged because Americans are too lazy to adapt... Americans just want to shut their brain off, get paycheck and be taken care of. If Americans really cared they would support those businesses anyway, but that would require effort, planning and selflessness. So that puts us out... way to go lazy, fat Americans! U.S.A.!!!!
Pretty much this. I've mentioned here before, Americans have been to stubborn and arrogant to stave this thing off. While a lot of the world is out caring about the person next to them, spoiled Americans are worried about themselves and their "rights".

They were so worried about hospitals being overrun that many of them are asking for federal bailout because they're going broke due to lack of business. Meanwhile fauci is one of the highest paid Fed employee
Our local clinic and hospital are actually calling patients to see if they want to make an appointment. I thought nothing of it when I got my call, but 3 other people that I know have gotten the same call.

Pretty much this. I've mentioned here before, Americans have been to stubborn and arrogant to stave this thing off. While a lot of the world is out caring about the person next to them, spoiled Americans are worried about themselves and their "rights".
Meanwhile a bunch of countries that did a "great job" are having breakouts again. It's as if it doesnt matter what we do to prevent it, the virus will take its course either way

Not a knock on Frost and I know that he is going to donate part of his salary back to the department, but it has to be a bit awkward to be making $5 million and seeing coworkers that are pulling in 1-2% of that being laid off for 4 months. If Moos is anywhere close on the estimates of lost revenue, there are going to be much deeper cuts coming.

Not a knock on Frost and I know that he is going to donate part of his salary back to the department, but it has to be a bit awkward to be making $5 million and seeing coworkers that are pulling in 1-2% of that being laid off for 4 months. If Moos is anywhere close on the estimates of lost revenue, there are going to be much deeper cuts coming.
The laid off employees will get some unemployment insurance until they're recalled to work. No doubt it's awkward but Frost did take a large hit to his salary already. The problem is that when you're making the kind of money that he is making you tend to spend on houses and cars accordingly. Nobody is feeling sorry for him, but I'm assuming he's got a large house payment to make as well. Rotten situation for everybody. I suspect that if any of those laid off employees need help before they're called back, they'll be able to find it.

How are Americans to lazy to adapt? The government can’t continue to print money, just ask 1930 Germany how that worked. People have bills and mortgages to pay those don’t just disappear. Imo the biggest mistake was letting non elected officials to make decisions. The country should have never shut down.

How are Americans to lazy to adapt? The government can’t continue to print money, just ask 1930 Germany how that worked. People have bills and mortgages to pay those don’t just disappear. Imo the biggest mistake was letting non elected officials to make decisions. The country should have never shut down.

Perhaps if the Democrats weren’t calling trump a racist for putting in place a travel ban from China, perhaps if the city officials in New York City weren’t telling people to come down and join in the parades, perhaps if Nancy Pelosi wasn’t telling people to come on down to Chinatown the waters fine, perhaps if those things didn’t happen the spread in New York City and the deaths in New York City wouldn’t be so severe. Perhaps if the New York City Mayor and the mayors of several other democrat run cities, hadn’t sent Covid patients into nursing homes and killed 50,000+, perhaps we have this thing under control by now. But no let’s blame Trump. Unreal

The elected ones (cough Cuomo cough cough) haven't done so well in a couple of cases. Any governor who followed Cuomo's lead should be impeached. SO FAR, people should look at at how Nebraska and the Dakotas have handled this deal. Both have for the most part left shutdowns and such to their cities to decide. Unfortunately in our city we had a very vocal commissioner and a local Dr. who influenced us in to about a 6 week shut down of some businesses that really wasn't warranted but that's long over with. We'll see how things shake out for South Dakota after the Sturigs rally and a torrid summer tourist season.

While I agree with you that many Americans are stubborn and arrogant, I also don't think that is the only reason why the virus rages on. There are new breakouts happening in countries around the world. Even New Zealand often held up as a shining model for other countries just experienced new cases.

The issue is that this virus is VERY CONTAGIOUS.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The training table was one of the biggest benefits for the walkons. Will football be allowed to continue this time honored tradition of doubling the scholarship numbers with walk ons or will it become a casualty?

most people don’t realize ANY student can go to the training table. The walkons don’t cost the athletic dept much extra.

the athletes should get to decide whether or not the training table stays or goes ... each athlete can assess the relative individual importance of the training table to their individual needs and decide for themselves

how was this decision made?
was there a vote - who voted and how?
were the players and their parents consulted on this decision?

which employees got furloughed? shouldn't these employees ultimately get to decide on their employment status and only if they agree get furloughed?

the athletic budget - with line for line expenses needs to be published along with how the massive revenues over the last 5-10 years were spent - where is the transparency?

While I agree with you that many Americans are stubborn and arrogant, I also don't think that is the only reason why the virus rages on. There are new breakouts happening in countries around the world. Even New Zealand often held up as a shining model for other countries just experienced new cases.

The issue is that this virus is VERY CONTAGIOUS.
What's ironic is that the very reason that this virus almost overwhelmed NY City's health care system was Cuomo exposing tens of thousands of nursing home patients and employees to the virus INTENTIONALLY. How many tens of thousands of cases nationally did that end up causing because of his (and other NE governor's) stupidity? I said on day one that we HAD to shut down mass transit in cities. New York never did shut down the subways. Amazing stupidity..

The laid off employees will get some unemployment insurance until they're recalled to work. No doubt it's awkward but Frost did take a large hit to his salary already. The problem is that when you're making the kind of money that he is making you tend to spend on houses and cars accordingly. Nobody is feeling sorry for him, but I'm assuming he's got a large house payment to make as well. Rotten situation for everybody. I suspect that if any of those laid off employees need help before they're called back, they'll be able to find it.
If I remember correctly, Frost kept his house in Florida when he took the Nebraska job

What's ironic is that the very reason that this virus almost overwhelmed NY City's health care system was Cuomo exposing tens of thousands of nursing home patients and employees to the virus INTENTIONALLY. How many tens of thousands of cases nationally did that end up causing because of his (and other NE governor's) stupidity? I said on day one that we HAD to shut down mass transit in cities. New York never did shut down the subways. Amazing stupidity..

Nursing home lives matter!!!

....to everyone cept certain politicians

the athletes should get to decide whether or not the training table stays or goes ... each athlete can assess the relative individual importance of the training table to their individual needs and decide for themselves

how was this decision made?
was there a vote - who voted and how?
were the players and their parents consulted on this decision?

which employees got furloughed? shouldn't these employees ultimately get to decide on their employment status and only if they agree get furloughed?

the athletic budget - with line for line expenses needs to be published along with how the massive revenues over the last 5-10 years were spent - where is the transparency?
EVERYONE’S A HYPOCRITE!!! HOW CAN THE UNIVERISTY BE SO COWARDLY?!?!?

Something like that, right?

Iowa just announced cutting of some sports programs. It’s just a matter of time for Nebraska as well. Damn.

If this leads to the development of a real NFL minor league, you can kiss all college sports good bye. It seems to me that this is where this has been heading for quite some time.

Support the businesses anyways? You mean the ones that governments shut down/banned? Or you mean all the factories that are halting operations themselves? I know two people very close to me who are machinists for different shops who make parts for John Deere and other large corporations like that and they’re getting hours cut left and right. That’s not lack of demand, it’s factories shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT