ADVERTISEMENT

Lay-off/furlough notices today in AD’s office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It likely did.

But seasonality also seems to play a role.

I'm starting to think there are multiple factors: seasonality, herd immunity, T cell protection, age, comorbidities.

The virus is inevitable. The epidemiologists who think the can stop it are lying. It's not if, it's when.

It's going to be very interesting to watch what happens with kids back in college and high school. Young kids were already going to daycare. ANY cases in schools are going to be heralded as a complete disaster, but high schoolers and college kids are already getting it without school in session.

Don't even attempt to defend the comment. It will make you look as silly as him.

Drugs are designed to target human receptors, which ideally result in a positive response. Granted some drugs were discovered by accident. Disinfectants were designed to clean toilets and sinks. No human receptors were targeted during Lysol R&D..
He didn't say Lysol. He said disinfectant. Iodine is a disinfectant. Iodine is used IV in some animals. It's also used IU in some animals. In some cases some drugs given to humans can be considered disinfectants. You are arguing with the wrong guy on this one. I wouldn't have used the word he did, BUT technically he wasn't that far off base.

I understand completely. He spoke on something he should have probably let Dr.s speak about. Do you understand that technically what Trump said about "disinfectants" is not wrong? Iodine is a widely used disinfectant. Did you realize that IV Iodine is given by veterinarians to treat some types of infections in cattle which are not susceptible to standard antibiotics? At the point he made that comment, we were looking at everything and anything that might be used to treat COVID. Drugs are nothing more than another chemical which might be used internally or externally. It wouldn't matter what the guy said, 50% of the public and 90% of the media are going to find something wrong with it.
He didn't speak on it, he asked Birx if there was a way to use a disinfectant inside the body.......... it was a question. A weird, off the cuff type of question better left for a private conversation but that isn't what he does.

And just for the record, disinfectants are sometimes used inside the body, particularly the bladder. "Disinfectant" only means lysol and household cleaners to the idiots who think they caught trump being an idiot.

He didn't say Lysol. He said disinfectant. Iodine is a disinfectant. Iodine is used IV in some animals. It's also used IU in some animals. In some cases some drugs given to humans can be considered disinfectants. You are arguing with the wrong guy on this one. I wouldn't have used the word he did, BUT technically he wasn't that far off base.

He could have said "antiseptic", which would have been a more accurate term but then he would have been accused of telling people to inject listerine. The whole thing is stupid and anybody who says he was telling people to inject lysol 1. Don't understand the difference between a question and a statement, and 2. Use about 1/4th of the brain capacity of the average person.

He could have said "antiseptic", which would have been a more accurate term but then he would have been accused of telling people to inject listerine. The whole thing is stupid and anybody who says he was telling people to inject lysol 1. Don't understand the difference between a question and a statement, and 2. Use about 1/4th of the brain capacity of the average person.
Hmmm. Now that I think about it, maybe we should run some primate trials using Iodine IV to test the in vivo effectiveness of Sodium Iodide against COVID. It might just work. It works for all kinds of bad stuff in cattle.:D

Dingle, do you really not understand why people would call out Trump? I'm tired of arguing at this point, so I'll just say that a guy isn't going to build a lot of trust with the populous when he utters phrases like "Injecting Disinfectants."

At that point a guy may as well pack it in in terms of credibility on the science/medical front, because the country collectively had to pick their lower jaw up off the floor. Let's be honest...that's one you can't make your way back from. If he wants to increase his chances of winning this election, he just needs to stop doing Coronavirus pressers. Allow Dr. Birx to head them up. He is only hurting himself by being on the stage.

He didn't say injecting disinfectants. Read the transcript. He was talking about experimental UV light treatments and the disinfecting properties of UV light.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ent-research-underway-los-angeles/3053177001/

well I wasn't being subtle. Can't get much more explicit than that, lol.
Just remember to wear your tall boots in sheep country.
He didn't say injecting disinfectants. Read the transcript. He was talking about experimental UV light treatments and the disinfecting properties of UV light.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/apr/24/context-what-donald-trump-said-about-disinfectant-/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ent-research-underway-los-angeles/3053177001/
He's just thinking out loud wondering about things he has little understanding about. That's not a very good political move but then he's not a politician.

First of all that isn’t what trump said, your news personal added that. One lie after another.

You guys have become so
delusional that you'll do anything possible to defend him, even though it's recorded for the entire world to see for time immemorial.

Edit - Birx looks like she wants to crawl under a moving bus.. RollingLaugh

Last edited:
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs,

FIFY

Thanks for making that important distinction between ”Lysol" and "Disinfectant."

Never mind that it says "Disinfectant" on the commercial and on the bottle, can, and wipes. Man, you walked into that one with eyes closed. Laughing

It likely did.

But seasonality also seems to play a role.

I'm starting to think there are multiple factors: seasonality, herd immunity, T cell protection, age, comorbidities.

The virus is inevitable. The epidemiologists who think the can stop it are lying. It's not if, it's when.

More Ian Miller for the masses. Good to see you're sticking with such a strong clinical source.

Is Barney Miller available too? Perhaps Dennis Miller? Reggie Miller? Eureka...Arthur Miller!! We can ask him about Covid and Death of a Salesman. Nah, he's gotta be dead by now.

The problem is that their idea of mask wearing and social distancing is NEVER going to happen in this country. NEVER. Academic ideals are great. We're living in the real world out here and can't work from home. So go sit on your ass at your computer all day. Have you ever tried to work in a retail setting wearing a F'n mask all day. Go watch them at Menards or at the meat counter at HyVee. HyVee HAS to be open. The CDC's official estimate of how long it would take to "control" this virus is laughable. It's a joke. The masks are a joke. Yeah I'm glad they're at least trying and conscious of it but for God's sake man masks aren't the answer you think they are.

You're right...if selfish people think they are above wearing a mask for the few minutes a day it takes to protect others in public, then yes, it won't work. And if those same selfish people don't get the vaccine when it/they are approved, then yes, you can look forward to at least another year of people dying by the thousands each week.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm going to go ahead and say that it's worth it to wear a mask and do my best to follow all the guidelines that minimize transmissions, so I don't end up potentially killing others. Saying that it won't work before we've collectively even taken these guidelines seriously is a shitty attitude.

Are you OK with restaurants, bars, stores of all types, etc.. closing up again? Because that's where we'll be if we don't collectively take action.

So you're just trying to politically stir the pot? Really showing how you're not part of that stupid group ehh?
Yep. You got me. It's me and my liberal friends that keep calling everything political and blaming Democrats for the world's problems. It's almost like half of society just realized that the world runs on money and politics. Next thing you know people will be shocked that men do a lot of stupid things for sex.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
You're right...if selfish people think they are above wearing a mask for the few minutes a day it takes to protect others in public, then yes, it won't work. And if those same selfish people don't get the vaccine when it/they are approved, then yes, you can look forward to at least another year of people dying by the thousands each week.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm going to go ahead and say that it's worth it to wear a mask and do my best to follow all the guidelines that minimize transmissions, so I don't end up potentially killing others. Saying that it won't work before we've collectively even taken these guidelines seriously is a shitty attitude.

Are you OK with restaurants, bars, stores of all types, etc.. closing up again? Because that's where we'll be if we don't collectively take action.

Why do we need a vaccine? This pandemic is over. "Too few patients."

There is no evidence that wearing a mask is going to keep restaurants and bars open. None. You are incorrect if you think that a mask alone will keep others in public safe. Again, masks are roughly only 20% effective at best in reducing the transmission of COVID. That estimate was given to us by the CDC. How do you or I know that the people not wearing masks at HyVee aren't already recovered immune citizens? Are they selfish for not wearing a mask? How do you know if people have a condition that prevents them from wearing a mask? I have fairly mild asthma. Guess what. For me wearing a mask causes bronchospasm and and an asthma attack. I still wear one but some people while they appear okay have conditions that make it problematic to wear one.

You go ahead and assume the worst of people. That fits your political agenda. Personally I'm just going to give people the benefit of the doubt and keep them 6 feet from me as much as possible even if they're wearing a mask because masks as being worn by 99% of the public are not very effective.

Last edited:
Why do we need a vaccine? This pandemic is over. "Too few patients."

there are too few patients to enroll in trials because of the widespread use of unproven therapies being utilized outside of trials

you can't do a large randomized controlled trial of convalescent plasma if everyone is just going to get it

Last edited:

Masks. Pffh.

THREAD

Thanks for making that important distinction between ”Lysol" and "Disinfectant."

Never mind that it says "Disinfectant" on the commercial and on the bottle, can, and wipes. Man, you walked into that one with eyes closed. Laughing

I'm trying very hard to be nice to you. I AM a medical professional. You are a drug salesman. Oh excuse me, a pharmaceutical representative. Of course it says disinfectant on a Lysol bottle. Trump NEVER used the word lysol. An antibiotic can be considered a disinfectant especially if used topically. You obviously don't understand what the word disinfectant actually means. Let me guess why you got your biology degree. You wanted to go to medical school but couldn't get in. My hunch is that it was your interview coupled with your very poor reading comprehension.

Last edited:
there are too few patients to enroll in trials because of the widespread use of unproven therapies being utilized outside of trials

you can't do a large randomized controlled trial of convalescent plasma if everyone is just go to get it
wow. That's a reach. Don't you have a bed pan to empty?

wow. That's a reach. Don't you have a bed pan to empty?

"studies are struggling to attract participants because of programs that give patients a more certain path to the therapy and a way to avoid the risk of ending up with a placebo in a clinical trial. Researchers fear that Sunday’s decision by the Food and Drug Administration to issue an emergency waiver will make it harder to get patients into clinical trials and get a more definitive picture on whether and how convalescent plasma actually works to treat COVID-19."

"The trial that NYU is conducting with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine recently expanded to three states outside of New York when researchers were only able to enroll 190 patients out of the 300 they’re seeking. Ortigoza said many hospitalized patients want to be guaranteed they will get plasma and choose to go through the Mayo Clinic’s program instead of enrolling. She fears an emergency authorization by the FDA could exacerbate the situation."

https://fortune.com/2020/08/24/trump-covid-19-convalescent-plasma-treatment-fda-research/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT