Lawyers say they can't find the parents of 545 migrant children separated by Trump administration

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012

Another mess that Trump's reign of terror is leaving for our next President to try to clean up. This was one of the most disgusting things that the Trump regime did.

"Lawyers appointed by a federal judge to identify migrant families who were separated by the Trump administration say that they have yet to track down the parents of 545 children and that about two-thirds of those parents were deported to Central America without their children, according to a filing Tuesday from the American Civil Liberties Union.

The Trump administration instituted a "zero tolerance" policy in 2018 that separated migrant children and parents at the southern U.S. border. The administration later confirmed that it had actually begun separating families in 2017 along some parts of the border under a pilot program. The ACLU and other pro-bono law firms were tasked with finding the members of families separated during the pilot program.

Unlike the 2,800 families separated under zero tolerance in 2018, most of whom remained in custody when the policy was ended by executive order, many of the more than 1,000 parents separated from their children under the pilot program had already been deported before a federal judge in California ordered that they be found."

More in the link.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007

Another mess that Trump's reign of terror is leaving for our next President to try to clean up. This was one of the most disgusting things that the Trump regime did.

"Lawyers appointed by a federal judge to identify migrant families who were separated by the Trump administration say that they have yet to track down the parents of 545 children and that about two-thirds of those parents were deported to Central America without their children, according to a filing Tuesday from the American Civil Liberties Union.

The Trump administration instituted a "zero tolerance" policy in 2018 that separated migrant children and parents at the southern U.S. border. The administration later confirmed that it had actually begun separating families in 2017 along some parts of the border under a pilot program. The ACLU and other pro-bono law firms were tasked with finding the members of families separated during the pilot program.

Unlike the 2,800 families separated under zero tolerance in 2018, most of whom remained in custody when the policy was ended by executive order, many of the more than 1,000 parents separated from their children under the pilot program had already been deported before a federal judge in California ordered that they be found."

More in the link.
Everyone involved should be jailed.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Including Trump. I would threaten to separate him from his children, but Trump would see that as a reward not a punishment.

True, there are many humans who have no business raising children. Sadly, too many people have "rights" that they shouldn't. We need to institute a program that determines the likelihood of failure for a potential parent, and determine eligibility accordingly.

I like how you think.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
True, there are many humans who have no business raising children. Sadly, too many people have "rights" that they shouldn't. We need to institute a program that determines the likelihood of failure for a potential parent, and determine eligibility accordingly.

I like how you think.
I would be fine with a license to have children. And proof you can afford them.

I mean you have to have a license to drive and you have to prove you have enough money to buy a house.

But kids? Nah let's just wing it with children.

Reactions: Jaemekon

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017

More in the link.
I’m sure you were all sad when Obama was doing the same thing.

Reactions: HuskerCK

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
That was very rare and the program was ramped up under Trump. Everyone knows this.

The Trump Administration is so disorganized they cannot even find these kids' parents, that didn't happen under Obama.
Obama was the first to put kids in cages and separate families. He did the same shit. It’s all out there. Obama gets a pass on everything by you liberal lovers.

Lar Gand

Blackshirt
Gold Member
May 6, 2012

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Obama was the first to put kids in cages and separate families. He did the same shit. It’s all out there. Obama gets a pass on everything by you liberal lovers.
You are comparing apples and oranges. I just don't think there was ill will toward immigrants when Obama was doing it (It was also very rare, this is a fact). It is one thing to do it out of necessity (if the adult is in court and you don't want the kid in the court room with them, they need to be separated.)

I just don't think it was about punishment under the Obama administration. That is what it became under Trump though.

Trump ramped up the practice to deter immigrants from coming in unauthorized. He used is as a scare tactic. Then he started misplacing kids and their parents.

Last edited:
  • Haha

c487537

Walk On
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2004
Speaking of Hitler, I wonder who will be remembered as the worst person when all is said and done, Hitler or Trump? I am leaning toward Trump but Hitler was pretty bad too.
You always amaze me by your post but this is without a doubt the bottom of the barrel. This is the dumbest and sickest by far. Try disengaging your pea brain before engaging your alligator mouth next time so it will give us all a much needed break.

c487537

Walk On
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2004
Not gonna lie, don’t give a shit. I’ll be damned that may be the first truth you have enlightened us with. I have never said one way or the other who I support. If supporting Biden is acting like you saying vile crap and calling people names then I would not want to be lumped into that group.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Not gonna lie, don’t give a shit. I’ll be damned that may be the first truth you have enlightened us with. I have never said one way or the other who I support. If supporting Biden is acting like you saying vile crap and calling people names then I would not want to be lumped into that group.
So you don't agree with me fine. Move along Francis.

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Coming out of lurk mode to celebrate child celebration! What a guy!

Reactions: philosophusker

c487537

Walk On
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2004
Your right again I must be moving on, have a 1435 tee time. So go back to your mommies basement and do what you do best Little Toobin