ADVERTISEMENT

Lawrence Phillips is under investigation for murdering his cellmate

I truly think that Osborne was doing the right thing by keeping LP around the game of football. It was a recommendation made to TO by the clinic where LP was at. Hindsight is 20/20 and I guarantee if TO had it to do over, he would have booted him. I really wonder if the LP situation wore on TO and made him leave coaching before he was ready. Yeah, I know the promise to Frank, but I think the LP situation contributed to the decision.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by kaz36:
I truly think that Osborne was doing the right thing by keeping LP around the game of football. It was a recommendation made to TO by the clinic where LP was at. Hindsight is 20/20 and I guarantee if TO had it to do over, he would have booted him. I really wonder if the LP situation wore on TO and made him leave coaching before he was ready. Yeah, I know the promise to Frank, but I think the LP situation contributed to the decision.
Tom left coaching for two reasons. His promise to Frank and his own health.

The 95 team didn't need Phillips to win the title, that's true. But there is no way in hell the 94 team goes undefeated without him. There were times when he absolutely carried that team.

But yeah, there's a "mass delusion" that Phillips was a great RB. You're the only one who knows the real story.

Originally posted by schuele:
The 95 team didn't need Phillips to win the title, that's true. But there is no way in hell the 94 team goes undefeated without him. There were times when he absolutely carried that team.
Remind me, but wasn't '95 mainly when he was in trouble?

Originally posted by mkbrkloster:
Originally posted by mwulf:
Guessing there wont be any free LP shirts being worn this year if there is a 95 reunion
Some on here defended the guy that wore that shirt.
Clinton Childs is a baaaad man so I can see why it would be wise to not speak out against him

Ummm... he is a "former Nebraska player". That is pretty much the only reason this even comes out in the news. Like it or not he is a shit stain on the programs dirty underwear.

Originally posted by Clevinger:

Remind me, but wasn't '95 mainly when he was in trouble?
Yes, I believe that's correct. But I'm not arguing that Phillips would have or should have been dismissed from the 93 or 94 teams, I'm only addressing the revisionist history that says he wasn't really that good of a player.

Re: Hey friend, I ADMIT Penn State's s**t stinks ...

There's a little bit of difference between the two situations. First of all, there was no cover-up. LP was booted off the team. Then the athletic department, because the people there actually care about the kids, sent LP down to the Meininger Clinic in Kansas for treatment, a clinic with a world class reputation for treating anger disorders. He spent 5 days there on the athletic department's dime, which wasn't cheap. The doctors at the clinic put together a treatment plan for LP that required he be given the carrot of earning his way back on the team by following through with the plan. According to the professionals who supposedly knew what they were talking about, that was the only way the plan would work. Still, Coach Osborne initially rejected the plan, saying LP was done at NU. It was only after a meeting with the doctors that TO went with the plan. He added a number of stipulations of his own, including an agreement that LP declare of the NFL draft after that year (yeah, at football first schools you always force an AA running back out of the program). LP met all the goals, and so earned his way back on the team.

Oh, and explain to me again how NU needed LP. NU was averaging more yards/game rushing without him, although it was close, something like 411 to 407. The starter was a kid named Ahman Green, not exactly a slouch. Plus bringing him back caused some dissension on the team, something that a football first coach would have avoided like the plague (Tommie Frazier, among others, came out publically and said he didn't want LP back on the team).

Now, once again, how did JoePa and the others at PSU publically acknowledge Sandusky's "problem", work to help him deal with it, and publically support him?

Re: 5 people --- one of these 5 is different from the others

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Paternity is burning in hell, that's all.

C'mon Tim, you know as well as I do, there's no hell.
evilgrin0003.r191677.gif

Re: Hey friend, I ADMIT Penn State's s**t stinks ...

Originally posted by HuskerBlueDevil:

There's a little bit of difference between the two situations. First of all, there was no cover-up. LP was booted off the team. Then the athletic department, because the people there actually care about the kids, sent LP down to the Meininger Clinic in Kansas for treatment, a clinic with a world class reputation for treating anger disorders. He spent 5 days there on the athletic department's dime, which wasn't cheap. The doctors at the clinic put together a treatment plan for LP that required he be given the carrot of earning his way back on the team by following through with the plan. According to the professionals who supposedly knew what they were talking about, that was the only way the plan would work. Still, Coach Osborne initially rejected the plan, saying LP was done at NU. It was only after a meeting with the doctors that TO went with the plan. He added a number of stipulations of his own, including an agreement that LP declare of the NFL draft after that year (yeah, at football first schools you always force an AA running back out of the program). LP met all the goals, and so earned his way back on the team.

Oh, and explain to me again how NU needed LP. NU was averaging more yards/game rushing without him, although it was close, something like 411 to 407. The starter was a kid named Ahman Green, not exactly a slouch. Plus bringing him back caused some dissension on the team, something that a football first coach would have avoided like the plague (Tommie Frazier, among others, came out publically and said he didn't want LP back on the team).

Now, once again, how did JoePa and the others at PSU publically acknowledge Sandusky's "problem", work to help him deal with it, and publically support him?
Comparing the LP situation to child rape and the Sandusky Second Mile fraud is not even in the same ballpark. What happened in Happy Valley to all of the innocent victims (kids looking for help) is a completely different ballgame. That was the worst thing in the history of Collegiate sports.

Re: 5 people --- one of these 5 is different from the others

Originally posted by michnittlion:
Lawrence Philips, Graham Spanier, Tim Curley, Joe Paterno and Gary Schulz --- only one of those five men has, as of 12-April-2015, been found guilty of anything in an actual court of law.

So, go play your "Ped State" card and act like your shit doesn't smell too --- whatever. The above fact is true.
Any support of PSU and/or the gentlemen you listed above is an embarrassment to humanity.

Fans arguing about the moral high ground of their programs is mindless palaver. All programs have their warts. Why defend any of it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT