Laughing at all the Texans ...

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
... who have made fun of Californias for power outages during the summer:

Reminds me of Trump's tweets that constantly came back to bite him in the ass. Like "If I was President I would be too busy to play golf blah blah blah..."

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
Reminds me of Trump's tweets that constantly came back to bite him in the ass. Like "If I was President I would be too busy to play golf blah blah blah..."
This is totally true. But I don't think playing alot of golf while president is that big of a deal no matter who it is.

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
It is a big deal to play golf many times after one chastised another president for playing about 1/5 as many times! If Trump had said nothing very little would have been said about him playing! He brought it on himself!

Reactions: HUSKERinLA

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
I’m very curious to see if you actually believe that this was caused by heat
Why is it broken? What I'm curious about is why a bunch of dipshvt Dems would put a bunch of people's lives a risk when they haven't worked out the kinks. They cut back the grid for this garbage technology.

Now, I am for solar panels when they finally figure out how to store and absorb more power, so I'm not against this technology. They actually have Dow chemical that was creating a spray for your roof that would turn into solar energy, but I haven't heard anything else in years.

I think the premise is great, but not rushing it out there.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
So thanks for proving my point! It's a broken concept that isn't ready to be implemented. 🤣 thx great 🤣🤣🖐
Funny the windmills in iowa have went through a bunch of extreme weather and straight line winds in excess of 80mph without folding.

Maybe like their other infrastructure TexAss is a CheapAss and put in junk

Reactions: Ruiner1

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Why is it broken? What I'm curious about is why a bunch of dipshvt Dems would put a bunch of people's lives a risk when they haven't worked out the kinks. They cut back the grid for this garbage technology.

Now, I am for solar panels when they finally figure out how to store and absorb more power, so I'm not against this technology. They actually have Dow chemical that was creating a spray for your roof that would turn into solar energy, but I haven't heard anything else in years.

The tech is there right now to do commercial side of renewables way way more than residential.

They have reached the level you want in both wind and solar as we type.

Reactions: HUSKERinLA

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
The tech is there right now to do commercial side of renewables way way more than residential.

They have reached the level you want in both wind and solar as we type.
Apparently they haven't ^^^^^^^^
They have blackouts in Cali where you can't run your air conditioner, but how are you going to charge your electric car?

It's not there yet, but I don't think it matters because the military put in a patent on a new energy source that is small and will power neighborhoods.

Also, hurricanes hit Texas too. I know the windmills froze in Texas could be cheap parts, but there isn't much you can do about hurricanes.

Reactions: burntorange72

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Apparently they haven't ^^^^^^^^
They have blackouts in Cali where you can't run your air conditioner, but how are you going to charge your electric car?

It's not there yet, but I don't think it matters because the military put in a patent on a new energy source that is small and will power neighborhoods.

Also, hurricanes hit Texas too. I know the windmills froze in Texas could be cheap parts, but there isn't much you can do about hurricanes.
If the military patented a small fusion reactor it would change the world like no other invention in history

🤞

Also sorry its just that they put in junk or don't service it 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: lipem and dee_s3

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
So thanks for proving my point! It's a broken concept that isn't ready to be implemented. 🤣 thx great 🤣🤣🖐
I mean severe weather does lots of damage to the power grid regardless of tech. It was one of a many in the area that did fine. The picture proves nothing either way.

Reactions: nelsonj22

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017

I’m pretty sure this one was due to wind. Even so, shit breaks down all the time and we don’t write it off entirely. Pipelines leak, we still use them all the time. Oil tankers leak into the ocean on a somewhat regular basis. The issues in TX right now are not the wind turbines. Lives are not at risk because of wind turbines.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
I’m pretty sure this one was due to wind. Even so, shit breaks down all the time and we don’t write it off entirely. Pipelines leak, we still use them all the time. Oil tankers leak into the ocean on a somewhat regular basis. The issues in TX right now are not the wind turbines. Lives are not at risk because of wind turbines.
When the Turbines froze, the people died because they froze to death. Now, Californian died because of the heat when they had blackouts. If they can't supply the demand, then people die. What was wrong with California nuclear power? Also, the 15K energy bills were because of wind turbines in Texas, so there is plenty not to like.

You want everything green, but you can't supply the demand. Stays into the 90's with horrible humidity til Nov & Dec around here. You rely on BS turbines and people will die of heatstroke. Turbines aren't made for everywhere, which makes it unreliable in certain conditions.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
When the Turbines froze, the people died because they froze to death. Now, Californian died because of the heat when they had blackouts. If they can't supply the demand, then people die. What was wrong with California nuclear power? Also, the 15K energy bills were because of wind turbines in Texas, so there is plenty not to like.

You want everything green, but you can't supply the demand. Stays into the 90's with horrible humidity til Nov & Dec around here. You rely on BS turbines and people will die of heatstroke. Turbines aren't made for everywhere, which makes it unreliable in certain conditions.
Man you really are just ignorant on wind turbines, and Texas's biggest percentage of loss power was from coal, nat, etc not wind and solar.

Wind OUT performed their predictions in the conditions they faced in Texas.

You have bought the Republican propaganda bullshit

Reactions: kidofSN

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Man you really are just ignorant on wind turbines, and Texas's biggest percentage of loss power was from coal, nat, etc not wind and solar.

Wind OUT performed their predictions in the conditions they faced in Texas.

You have bought the Republican propaganda bullshit
According to you I'm ignorant on everything. I read what went down in Texas and Turbines was a contributor. You know who had the same cold factors, but didn't have problems with power? Louisiana. We also don't rely on Turbines. Furthermore, the high energy bills came because of the grid they had to transfer the power over to. If the Turbines were doing so well, then why did they use the grid to screw over people energy bills? Also, the Turbines froze, so kinda hard to brag about frozen crap when it's not working. If the Turbines can't cover as a primary source, then what's the point?

I don't recall rolling blackouts with nuclear power. I will have to research and see if Texas had these problems before implementing the Turbines. I won't bother going into an all-out argument because I support the Turbines, but not as a primary source.

Also, this propaganda you speak of. Kinda like Dem media covering up COVID and where it really came from? Oh, now they have traced Google funding it also. Jan 6th had co conspirators that aren't being charged tied with FBI. They refuse to release all the video footage of Jan 6th and I like the guys that were dressed like black blok breaking in first. It's not like CNN would lie or they were sued for lying and lost. Once or twice, but just a few. Not like they would be complete scumbags and pick on teenagers and try to ruin their lives. Not like they would admit in court they're opinion propaganda and fear mongered COVID numbers for ratings. Let's not start on their racial reporting and cover-ups. I mean, why would a corporate media pick on teenagers for a trashy Indian and racist Black Israelites? Then you have grown-ups believe everything they say and point 👉 at others that watch real news. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Plants crave electrolytes!

• Haha

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
According to you I'm ignorant on everything. I read what went down in Texas and Turbines was a contributor. You know who had the same cold factors, but didn't have problems with power? Louisiana. We also don't rely on Turbines. Furthermore, the high energy bills came because of the grid they had to transfer the power over to. If the Turbines were doing so well, then why did they use the grid to screw over people energy bills? Also, the Turbines froze, so kinda hard to brag about frozen crap when it's not working. If the Turbines can't cover as a primary source, then what's the point?

I don't recall rolling blackouts with nuclear power. I will have to research and see if Texas had these problems before implementing the Turbines. I won't bother going into an all-out argument because I support the Turbines, but not as a primary source.

Also, this propaganda you speak of. Kinda like Dem media covering up COVID and where it really came from? Oh, now they have traced Google funding it also. Jan 6th had co conspirators that aren't being charged tied with FBI. They refuse to release all the video footage of Jan 6th and I like the guys that were dressed like black blok breaking in first. It's not like CNN would lie or they were sued for lying and lost. Once or twice, but just a few. Not like they would be complete scumbags and pick on teenagers and try to ruin their lives. Not like they would admit in court they're opinion propaganda and fear mongered COVID numbers for ratings. Let's not start on their racial reporting and cover-ups. I mean, why would a corporate media pick on teenagers for a trashy Indian and racist Black Israelites? Then you have grown-ups believe everything they say and point 👉 at others that watch real news. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Plants crave electrolytes!
d e r p

You being from Louisiana is the least surprising thing I've learned on the scrolls

T1bl.gif

Cosmoc

Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2004
Corpus Christi, TX
Meanwhile, every year Cali either burns or has epic mud slides depending on the time of year. I'll settle for a once-in-a-lifetime record cold spell.

I have a portable, backup generator to counter a storm...what do you have to counter raging wildfires and mudslides?

Yeah, good luck with that. 🤣😂