ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Martinez?

Aug 28, 2018
Any chance he plays this Saturday?

I don't know why Frost won't be more forthcoming on injuries. Obviously it drives fans like us crazy. However, I don't see how it helps the rest of the team to have the constant questions, wondering if your qb might play, suiting him up without any intention of playing him, etc.

The advantage you might get from the other team wondering which qb will play is negligible in my opinion. Just be honest and don't let the issue hang on.

I don't know why Frost won't be more forthcoming on injuries. Obviously it drives fans like us crazy. However, I don't see how it helps the rest of the team to have the constant questions, wondering if your qb might play, suiting him up without any intention of playing him, etc.

The advantage you might get from the other team wondering which qb will play is negligible in my opinion. Just be honest and don't let the issue hang on.
I agree, I don't get the need to hide injury disclosures. It just drives unneeded speculation. With that said, I don't think we see him against Michigan.

He says he is day to day...he has been at practice, he was running on Saturday, but wasn't ready to go. What else do you want? Its not like Adrian was in street clothes listed as day to day, he was fully dressed and going through warmups. But is not quite ready. The fact adrian hasn't even played a whole game yet, and is a running qb also changes the meaning of day to day. If it was Tom Brady with an All-Pro line, he probably plays.

He says he is day to day...he has been at practice, he was running on Saturday, but wasn't ready to go. What else do you want? Its not like Adrian was in street clothes listed as day to day, he was fully dressed and going through warmups. But is not quite ready. The fact adrian hasn't even played a whole game yet, and is a running qb also changes the meaning of day to day. If it was Tom Brady with an All-Pro line, he probably plays.
Reminds me of when Belichick which list Tom Brady on every injury report as "questionable" when everyone knew he'd be playing.

...What if I were to tell you we as fans don't need to know in order for this thing to go....AND that the Cornhuskers wearing pads know who is playing and are not waiting for a HCSF press conference to be in on that kind of information... ;)

That’s absolutely ridiculous. He knows who’s starting and so do the players. Us fans don’t need to know. Stop getting all crazed. If you want to know that badly, just stalk him and his family at Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Cue and ask him
We already are at a disadvantage. Let them prepare for 2 QBs

That’s absolutely ridiculous. He knows who’s starting and so do the players. Us fans don’t need to know. Stop getting all crazed. If you want to know that badly, just stalk him and his family at Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Cue and ask him
We already are at a disadvantage. Let them prepare for 2 QBs
How do YOU know he went to Dave's?

Probably right, but I tell you if we play a clean game and win the turnover battle, we can win with Bunch. Michigan is beatable.. now Ohio State, no chance in hell.
I remember a pretty average Hawkeye team taking the mighty Buckeyes behind the woodshed last year.

Did the fans do any research on SF when he was hired? Apparently not. Dude is incredibly private and is not going to give you details like injury updates just because the fans need to know

Did the fans do any research on SF when he was hired? Apparently not. Dude is incredibly private and is not going to give you details like injury updates just because the fans need to know

The majority of us are not as concerned about updates as some others...

Frost said there was no ligament damage and he was day to day, which he wasn’t ready to go on Saturday..

Now we wait till Monday’s practice..

Probably right, but I tell you if we play a clean game and win the turnover battle, we can win with Bunch. Michigan is beatable.. now Ohio State, no chance in hell.

When was the last time we won the turnover battle?

You might want to reread the OP. 1. I know this about Frost. 2. This wasn't primarily about giving the fans info.

Also, the whole team didn't know. Maybe the first team offense was told but not everyone else. It just serves as a distraction with everyone from the press to the other students to families badgering the players about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldjar07
And he could be day to day for 1 week or it could be 5. I don't get the point in saying he's day to day when he's clearly not.

iirc, UCF committed a lot of penalties. They just had a steam-roller of an offense to cover for them. Right now, Nebraska is feeling it's way offensively and just isn't good enough to overcome all the mistakes they are making(in all 3 phases).

...What if I were to tell you we as fans don't need to know in order for this thing to go....AND that the Cornhuskers wearing pads know who is playing and are not waiting for a HCSF press conference to be in on that kind of information... ;)
64419451.jpg

url

Seriously, with AM we are looking at a MAX of 175 yds rushing against Mich. without him we’ll be pressed to hit 120. Can we throw it we’ll enough to be balanced? Long way to go to ‘ugly up’ games as Frost wanted to do yesterday. Mich, MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa would love being in an ‘uglied up’ game with us.

Got to fix the pipeline.borderline unrealistic in year 1. Takes development

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Seriously, with AM we are looking at a MAX of 175 yds rushing against Mich. without him we’ll be pressed to hit 120. Can we throw it we’ll enough to be balanced? Long way to go to ‘ugly up’ games as Frost wanted to do yesterday. Mich, MSU, Wisconsin, Iowa would love being in an ‘uglied up’ game with us.

Got to fix the pipeline.borderline unrealistic in year 1. Takes development
Yep. We need an offensive line. With or without Martinez we will lose to Michigan. No way our offensive line does a damn thing again that defense. If Troy's front seven could maul and manhandle our offensive line then just think what Michigan's will do

Yep. We need an offensive line. With or without Martinez we will lose to Michigan. No way our offensive line does a damn thing again that defense. If Troy's front seven could maul and manhandle our offensive line then just think what Michigan's will do

It’s not a fair comparison. Look, I’m not saying I expect to run on Michigan. I’m not. But Troy wouldn’t have dominated our oline if AM was playing. They crashed on the run game and dared us to throw. They couldn’t have done that with AM in the game and it would have opened up the run. Having a QB that can stretch a defense does wonders for an offensive line.

It’s not a fair comparison. Look, I’m not saying I expect to run on Michigan. I’m not. But Troy wouldn’t have dominated our oline if AM was playing. They crashed on the run game and dared us to throw. They couldn’t have done that with AM in the game and it would have opened up the run. Having a QB that can stretch a defense does wonders for an offensive line.

Agree, we are one dimensional offense with Bunch..

Lol right on brotha.

Hey if the first teamers know then that's really all that is needed. The 2s outside of sheer athletic ability, most likely will only patch a hole not make the machine like new in case of breakdown in game.

I would bet my bank(not saying much though) it doesn't make a bit of difference if the back ups know or not. They can live with all that anxiety until kickoff, it won't kill them unless they're autistic or something.

But I think the team knows.

I'm might have misunderstood your point.

2i2k56.gif

Last edited:
Lol right on brotha.

Hey if the first teamers know then that's really all that is needed. The 2s outside of sheer athletic ability, most likely will only patch a hole not make the machine like new in case of breakdown in game.

I would bet my bank(not saying much though) it doesn't make a bit of difference if the back ups know or not. They can live with all that anxiety until kickoff, it won't kill them unless they're autistic or something.

But I think the team knows.

I'm might have misunderstood your point.
My primary point was never about the fans having a right to know like half the comments mention. It was about keeping your team from having to deal all week with the question of Martinez playing. (The press, family, friends...it got old really fast.) Plus the players weren't sure what to expect.

BTW I don't know if first team offense was told or not. Just commenting on others I know about.

Frost said something to the nature of “it will get worse before it gets better” - and while I don’t think that was code for anything, I do think that’s a glimpse into future games vs Mich, et al, in particular without Martinez. I assume he’s out again this week. Let’s see. Whether he’s in or not doesn’t impact me any Sunday - Saturday so I’ll be along for the ride.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Wait and see what happens at practice tomorrow if he taking the majority of snaps in practice with the starter’s, that will give us some sign how healthy he is..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT