ADVERTISEMENT

Lars Anderson

Saban is a great coach but my lord quit comparing them to other programs. Here's a stat for you...

Alabama has had more 5* players per class under Saban than Nebraska has had in the past 20 years combined. Quit acting like he is some miracle worker. He was 34-24 at Michigan St.

Saban is a great coach but my lord quit comparing them to other programs. Here's a stat for you...

Alabama has had more 5* players per class under Saban than Nebraska has had in the past 20 years combined. Quit acting like he is some miracle worker. He was 34-24 at Michigan St.
so you are saying he isn't winning with Rudys? 🧐

Did you even listen to podcast? Not once did it mention any comparison between Frost and Saban. Lars simply stated that Saban travels around the country to meet with different coaches to pick their brain, in efforts to continuously evolve. Does Scott even do this or is he married to the outdated Oregon offense that Chip Kelly doesn't even use at UCLA.

And 34-24 is a hell of a lot better than 12-20. For Scott to achieve that he'll have to go 22-4 so good luck taking that bet.

If you haven’t done so take a listen to yesterday’s Hail Varsity podcast. I don’t have the link.

He touched on how Saban continues to evolve regardless having elite success. Lars hit it right on the head regarding Scott Frost and the state of our program. Warning, Frost apologists won’t like what he had to say.
There is not a more single-minded guy on the face of the Earth than Saban. All good leaders are open-minded and willing to adapt. They also have a standard for excellence that is unmatched. Most say it, few do it.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Did you even listen to podcast? Not once did it mention any comparison between Frost and Saban. Lars simply stated that Saban travels around the country to meet with different coaches to pick their brain, in efforts to continuously evolve. Does Scott even do this or is he married to the outdated Oregon offense that Chip Kelly doesn't even use at UCLA.

And 34-24 is a hell of a lot better than 12-20. For Scott to achieve that he'll have to go 22-4 so good luck taking that bet.
I was going to mention this the other day but I remember before Solich was hired at Ohio he met with several different programs to help him adjust to the current football landscape. Not saying Frosts system is outdated but he could certainly benefit from learning from other successful programs.

Frost apologists. Are you keeping a list? The main thing I notice around here is that there are a bunch of anti-Frost guys who act like they're the ONLY ONE who "gets it." Just for the record, we all know that Frost has sucked so far. I think you're mistaking Frost apologists for the group of fans who know that it has been bad but there's no use in beating everyone else over the head with it day after day after day. It's like if you're NOT vehemently criticizing Frost daily you're a Frost apologist.

If you are Scott Frost or any other coach or any athletic administrator you’d be a fool not to examine the disparities
I have read both Patriot Reign and War Room about the Patriot dynasty
Great programs breed great coaching and establish reputations and demand a certain performance
Nebraska isn’t doing either right now
Damon Benning on 1620 this morning openly talked about the coaching and needing to do self inventory about walking the talk as a staff and top to bottom modeling what they expect rather than waffling on these ideals of culture and competition
Self examination is exactly what is needed right now
Thanks for posting OP

I was going to mention this the other day but I remember before Solich was hired at Ohio he met with several different programs to help him adjust to the current football landscape. Not saying Frosts system is outdated but he could certainly benefit from learning from other successful programs.

Doctor Tom did it in the past. I remember he spent time with Bobby Bowden in 1993 and it was Bowden the one who encouraged Tom to add more speed in the linebacker position. The rest is history.

Saban has to do that. He's interviewing potential coordinators every year.

Frost apologists. Are you keeping a list? The main thing I notice around here is that there are a bunch of anti-Frost guys who act like they're the ONLY ONE who "gets it." Just for the record, we all know that Frost has sucked so far. I think you're mistaking Frost apologists for the group of fans who know that it has been bad but there's no use in beating everyone else over the head with it day after day after day. It's like if you're NOT vehemently criticizing Frost daily you're a Frost apologist.

Why so sensitive? Nothing wrong with being a Frost apologist. That's what this board is for, differences of opinions.

Saban is a great coach but...

people need to stop parsing recruiting from coaching. -- in college football recruiting is part of the job and is every bit - maybe more - important than Xs and Os

Last edited:

Frost hasn't used the Oregon offense like Kelley did at Oregon for a long time.

It is impressive that Saban has won championships with mediocre offenses and dominating defenses, with high-powered running offenses, with pro-style QBs, with dual-threat QBs... Definitely not a "system" coach.

That's because he is a head coach that hires good coordinators and lets them coordinate

It is impressive that Saban has won championships with mediocre offenses and dominating defenses, with high-powered running offenses, with pro-style QBs, with dual-threat QBs... Definitely not a "system" coach.
I would respect Saban more if he took that show to the NFL. You can create disparities in college that you can't in the NFL.

Reactions: RedMyMind

And a little better than his 15-17 with the Dolphins.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Why so sensitive? Nothing wrong with being a Frost apologist. That's what this board is for, differences of opinions.
Not sensitive, it gets old reading the straw man post every day. Creating an imaginary adversary to make your post seem interesting.

That's because he is a head coach that hires good coordinators and lets them coordinate
He gets the most out of the assistants he has and holds them to a high standard. Some of these coaches leave and go elsewhere and aren't near as successful as they were under Saban.

The guy was spot on and it needed to be said. Anderson is a bit of a tool, however he has more credibility than a journalist like Sipple, who would never have the balls to say it.

ADVERTISEMENT