ADVERTISEMENT

Lars Anderson doubles down

Scott could have said, "I'm committed to the Knights next year, I'll be coaching this team a year from now."

He didn't.

It would have put all rumors to rest and he didn't say it. He may or may not coach Nebraska, but he sure as shit isn't coaching at ufc next year.

Agree with you there, but if he's not coming here, I don't r
Beautiful reference. Makes me think of The Color of Money every time I hear it.

Same here.

BaggyPerfumedHorsefly-small.gif

One thing's for sure, I expect that next time Lars gets some info, he's going to keep it to himself.

God Bless America, we love to dismiss those know what they are talking about just so we can hear ourselves talk.

One thing's for sure, I expect that next time Lars gets some info, he's going to keep it to himself.

God Bless America, we love to dismiss those know what they are talking about just so we can hear ourselves talk.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. A good reminder of why he doesn't try to be a breaking news guy.

All I gotta say is Lars better be right or he will be as hated as Eichorst.

No doubt about that. Although the real anger should be reserved for whomever shared the info with him. If nothing else, it should have been heavily emphasized that "this is NOT to be shared publicly." I can't blame a journalist for sharing what they heard from a trusted source, but I know others certainly will if this ends badly.

Even if the info is legit, I'm not sure what the purpose was for him to tweet that info? It didn't do anybody any good. And if Frost doesn't come here, it will only hurt his credibility.

Even if the info is legit, I'm not sure what the purpose was for him to tweet that info? It didn't do anybody any good. And if Frost doesn't come here, it will only hurt his credibility.

Because that's what every journalist in the world would do? Hell, that's what virtually any person with a phone and Twitter account would do. We live in an age of 24-hour news and instantly available information, often with no concern given to fact checking. Why should the rules be any different for him?

I'll stand by what I and others have said throughout this thread and elsewhere on the board. If Frost doesn't come here, it won't be because he was ready to sign on the dotted line and suddenly had an about face because of a leak. Bad optics and a bump in the road that surely pissed him and others off, but if he truly wants to be here, it will get done.

No worries. I appreciate the response. But seriously? He was N and has now legitimately changed his mind simply based on the leak?

People dismissed Lars last night because he hadn't tweeted anything that other "pundits" hadn't already regarding potential contract details, etc. Aside from being based on real info apparently, how is that any different as far as the public is concerned? Just another guy speculating, no?

I'm sure Scott is seriously pissed, but I gotta think this can still be worked out. If he truly wanted to come home and take the job, he'll come around once he cools off. Otherwise, I can't believe he was really serious about taking the job.

Who knows for sure. Just heard he was truly pissed and you certainly can’t blame the guy.

On another note I find the timing interesting that now the Land of 10 is reporting today that if we don’t get Frost, Moos is looking at tripple option coaches.

Who knows for sure. Just heard he was truly pissed and you certainly can’t blame the guy.

On another note I find the timing interesting that now the Land of 10 is reporting today that if we don’t get Frost, Moos is looking at tripple option coaches.

Don't blame him in the least. But that would suggest the info was legit. And if it was legit, hopefully some fence mending can get things back on track.

Land of 10's reporting truly feels like throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, but who knows there either. Just one more week and we should have some clarity.

Maybe Barry Switzer would like one more adventure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT