ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin

Could you imagine Lane at NU...tweeting something like that out?

We have posters on this site that would LOSE their ****ing minds.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Not many coaches would tweet something like this out, lol. Just trying to remind Ole Miss he could leave and they should give him a pay raise, I suppose.

I heard Kiffin's post-game news conference on You tube and was impressed with his candor and down to earth demeanor. Putting that aside, I think he would be a HR hire for us and make us relevant again.

I don’t know if that was a bad picture day, but Mark looks old as fúck. He looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.
His dad died at 54 I think of a heart attack while coaching a game. Ironically Ron Stoops senior kind of looks like Bo

Last edited:
Reactions: Anegada1
one thing is for sure: Lane would never, ever have to worry about this happening at Nebraska

Greatest Fans in all of College Football

come home, Joey!

1. NU would finally get some cool gear
2. He would be a super fun coach (and he would piss off more than a few Husker fans with things he would say and do, that would also bee funny)
3. He would bring a great staff
4. He would recruit well.

I don’t know. Things change and perhaps Lane is a really good coach now. Ole Miss is winning in the toughest division and conference in the country.

But I’ll remain skeptical of a guy who couldn’t win at USC with all their talent and resources. Same thing for Tom Herman at Texas and Dan Mullen at Florida. If you can’t win at those places with their built in recruiting advantages and near-unlimited money and resources I just don’t see how they would be successful at Nebraska which has unique challenges, particularly in recruiting, those other schools don’t.

I don’t know. Things change and perhaps Lane is a really good coach now. Ole Miss is winning in the toughest division and conference in the country.

But I’ll remain skeptical of a guy who couldn’t win at USC with all their talent and resources. Same thing for Tom Herman at Texas and Dan Mullen at Florida. If you can’t win at those places with their built in recruiting advantages and near-unlimited money and resources I just don’t see how they would be successful at Nebraska which has unique challenges, particularly in recruiting, those other schools don’t.
Lane has been a mess. He kind of reminds me of the spoiled brat who always had things given to him. No doubt a bright guy but damn it looks like his life has been a train wreck no matter how much money he's made. Good coach? Sure looks like that way.

Well, the bet with any of these powerhouse program retreads is whether they’ve learned something or not. We’ve bet the kitchen sink on guys that never coached at this level or had little success, so I’m very leary to hard pass on the Chadwells and Sanders of this world right now.

I’m also leary of guys with 1-2 seasons of success or longer term limited success at traditionally mediocre P5 programs: Fleck, Leipold, Kleimann, Campbell, etc.

So if we can’t get an Urban or Fickell, then one of the retreads or a good coordinator with a good track record is probably our best bet.

Reactions: king_kong_

He went 8-5, 10-2, 7-6, 3-2 (28-15) at USC, so it's not like he was a complete disaster there and he has obviously grown as a coach since then. I would put him near the top of my wishlist of perspective coaches.

I think it's interesting to see how Kiffin has grown as a coach since his disaster with the Raiders. Here is his win % at each of his college jobs:

Tennessee 54%
USC 65%
FAU 67%
Ole Miss 70%

And Ole Miss is not an easy place to win at.

I think it's interesting to see how Kiffin has grown as a coach since his disaster with the Raiders. Here is his win % at each of his college jobs:

Tennessee 54%
USC 65%
FAU 67%
Ole Miss 70%

And Ole Miss is not an easy place to win at.
I agree, I think a lot of fans think Ole Miss has some amazing football history, but they don't, for the most part they have either sucked or been average for years and years.

Ole miss has 635 wins...to give an idea, KSU has like 540 and they almost dropped football because of how horrible they were. Basically Ole Miss has averaged like 1 more win per season than KSU.

I don’t know if that was a bad picture day, but Mark looks old as fúck. He looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.
I saw Lane's last post-game press conference and he too looked pretty rough around the edges. Have no idea how he lives his life, but coaching football must be hard on the looks. I don't know how good he would be coaching at Nebraska, but his press conferences would be far more interesting. He will say anything.

1. NU would finally get some cool gear
2. He would be a super fun coach (and he would piss off more than a few Husker fans with things he would say and do, that would also bee funny)
3. He would bring a great staff
4. He would recruit well.
I know Nothing! Somehow, I don't see Lane going to Nebraska. I see him as a warm weather guy. He is kind of a constant complainer. I can't see him being happy to get out of bed when there is snow on the ground, or if it is below freezing. Could be wrong though.

I am in the camp that believes he is a good coach. I think he had too many great jobs handed to him as a young coach when he was considered a boy-genius. Since USC fired him, I think his stint with Saban changed him for the better. I think he has turned it around and is a pretty good coach.

I know Nothing! Somehow, I don't see Lane going to Nebraska. I see him as a warm weather guy. He is kind of a constant complainer. I can't see him being happy to get out of bed when there is snow on the ground, or if it is below freezing. Could be wrong though.

I am in the camp that believes he is a good coach. I think he had too many great jobs handed to him as a young coach when he was considered a boy-genius. Since USC fired him, I think his stint with Saban changed him for the better. I think he has turned it around and is a pretty good coach.
I think he likes certain climates and I would imagine being "young" rich and single (I think) and living in a college town like Oxford has to be a lot of fun. There are a lot of 21-29 year old hot southern girls that would be happy to have a story to tell.

You have to wonder if he’s matured. Some of his tweets make me think maybe not

I think he likes certain climates and I would imagine being "young" rich and single (I think) and living in a college town like Oxford has to be a lot of fun. There are a lot of 21-29 year old hot southern girls that would be happy to have a story to tell.
That sounds awesome lol kinda hard to keep under wraps but eh f*ck it ha

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Ole Miss is a good place for the southern hotties

Reactions: putemintheaisles
Freeze has done really well everywhere. It's a shame he's not being mentioned more.
I agree he is doing well, but he's also at Liberty. If he were such a hot commodity why is his name not on any list when big schools are going through change? You run the risk of players and parents not buying what he is selling after his issues. I think he's a pretty good coach, but his personality and affinity for not telling the truth hurt him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT