ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Search Lance Leipold to Nebraska

garychris

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2006
I am both a huge Kansas and Nebraska football fan. Season ticket holder for KU football for 25 years. I go to most of the Big 10 home games for the Huskers. Been to 3 games year. I am hearing for the last 2 days that Lance Leipold will be named new head football coach at Nebraska at the end of season. I understand he has already signed to be head coach. I live in Kansas City, MO. My source has KU ties.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I am both a huge Kansas and Nebraska football fan. Season ticket holder for KU football for 25 years. I go to most of the Big 10 home games for the Huskers. Been to 3 games year. I am hearing for the last 2 days that Lance Leipold will be named new head football coach at Nebraska at the end of season. I understand he has already signed to be head coach. I live in Kansas City, MO. My source has KU ties.
Lance called me an hour ago and told me the news.

I'd be down. We need someone whose shown he can build a program. That's the main thing we need right now.

Very underwhelming hire IF true. At least we wouldn’t have to worry about waiting for him to coach in a bowl game…..
Aww … you are probably right, but I’m at the point with this university that if they somehow manage to hire someone with a slightly better resume than jock strap washer for the 95 championship team then I’m in

Reactions: Frozone
Aww … you are probably right, but I’m at the point with this university that if they somehow manage to hire someone with a slightly better resume than jock strap washer for the 95 championship team then I’m in
IF he gets hired it will at least be in part due to his stint as a GA at NU for Frank. He’s 64. I’m 64 and there’s no way in hell I could have the energy to do what NU needs

Last edited:
Damn, what happened to the previous sure-thing head coaches? Did BOB, Rhule and Sanders for example each get fired already before they were even officially announced? So do they get buy outs now? Laughing

If true, I’d be ok with it. Not a home run, but he’s a good coach, so having some competence for once will be refreshing. Not sure how good of a recruiter he is, which could be his biggest downside. Hell if gets us to bowl game he’d get a statue.

IF he gets hired it will at least be in part due to his stint as a GA at NU for Frank. He’s 64. I’m 64 and there’s no way in hell I could have the energy to do what NU needs
If trev is going to string Mickey along then he needs to hire someone who is close to retirement or might drop dead - god forbid - at any moment

Reactions: jonny7298
I thought we wanted a corch who had great defenses? Well, 49-42 shootouts are fun if you win.

If trev is going to string Mickey along then he needs to hire someone who is close to retirement or might drop dead - god forbid - at any moment

Another golden parachute for a coach with ties to the tradition coalition…,

Reactions: Sinomatic
The other two sites both have threads claiming Ruhle is in town and will be announced tomorrow. So of course now people are texting it around, etc.
Yeah but where are you seeing the LL talk? Not arguing, I’m just curious

"If its him, I'd be okay with that"

JHC. Just.......JHC on a popsicle stick.

I'm okay with that everybody. I AM OKAY WITH THAT. It would be just fine. Sure its not a home run hire but....

I AM OKAY WITH THAT.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT