ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Leipold HATES Trev Alberts

His wife said that in the media after they took the job. Lance may have quoted her I can't remember.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in Lawrence next year. 1st of all there's still a lot of football to play. 2nd... hes at the Zenith of his career. If his desire is to coach at Nebraska or Wisconsin then he will very will leave but as far as money, AD Goff and co. Apparently will swing for the fences to keep him happy in Lawrence money wise.
"yeah my wife would hate having a bigger house and living in a nicer city"

- nobody, ever

what do you expect him to say?

"yeah, this is just a stepping stone like all my last jobs"

- also nobody, ever

"yeah my wife would hate having a bigger house and living in a nicer city"

- nobody, ever

what do you expect him to say?

"yeah, this is just a stepping stone like all my last jobs"

- also nobody, ever
Have you ever seen his place in Lawrence now? It is disgustingly sick. He is not a poor man now by any stretch of the imagination and I know hes got millions more coming his way very soon.

I'm trying to get into a pissing match but we just don't know what drives the man. When you're talking about the kind of money coaches like him already make and what they will make after season like this it's hard to tell what they are going to do. He may very well leave, he may very well stay. I do think KU will match pretty much anybody's offer within reason.

I actually could see you guys going for someone a little younger but maybe I'm wrong.

Let me ask you. If KU ends up 6 - 6 this year do you think he is still a top option?

Last edited:
Reactions: ATX Husker
His wife said that in the media after they took the job. Lance may have quoted her I can't remember.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in Lawrence next year. 1st of all there's still a lot of football to play. 2nd... hes at the Zenith of his career. If his desire is to coach at Nebraska or Wisconsin then he will very will leave but as far as money, AD Goff and co. Apparently will swing for the fences to keep him happy in Lawrence money wise.
They kind of insulted him by making his buyout so low. Basically didn't believe in him to begin with. I get it though. It takes a lot of faith to believe Kansas football can be good. There's just so little evidence over the last 100 years

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
And all 3 of those guys probably last talked to him what 10-15 years ago or more?

Not saying that he wouldn't but Lance is going to be 59 years old. His wife has told people that she wants to stay in Lawrence and this to be the last stop. For some reason I just don't think Lance will leave Lawrence from what I hear.
I have no idea what LL would do if offered the job, but I do think those guys have probably talked to LL since Frost was fired. As sports reporters, they wouldn’t be doing their job if they didn’t.

Now's the time for Trev to earn his money. Make assurances to the next coach that he will won't meddle in the program...and that Osborne will oversee him.
As Great a coach and man Osborne was, it’s exactly that, WAS. I’m sure coach could be used as a source of info but it’s time for the program to grow up and do it with your own people. Thanks for the memories but that doesn’t get 1st downs.

They kind of insulted him by making his buyout so low. Basically didn't believe in him to begin with. I get it though. It takes a lot of faith to believe Kansas football can be good. There's just so little evidence over the last 100 years
manchino(sp) showed up on saturdays and at the buffet lines pretty regular

Have you ever seen his place in Lawrence now? It is disgustingly sick. He is not a poor man now by any stretch of the imagination and I know hes got millions more coming his way very soon.

I'm trying to get into a pissing match but we just don't know what drives the man. When you're talking about the kind of money coaches like him already make and what they will make after season like this it's hard to tell what they are going to do. He may very well leave, he may very well stay. I do think KU will match pretty much anybody's offer within reason.

I actually could see you guys going for someone a little younger but maybe I'm wrong.

Let me ask you. If KU ends up 6 - 6 this year do you think he is still a top option?
The thing is, he could go 6-6 for the next 10-15 years at Kansas and not have to worry about whether he will have a job.

Reactions: vighawk

fair.

if Leipold were to go 6-6, that means one of Campbell, Klieman, or Aranda (long shot) are the target.

Not really..

Reactions: king_kong_
Funny thing is we heard all the same B.S. from UCF fans about Frost and why he wouldn't leave FL.....

Very very few coaches turn downs gobs of more money and a better job to boot, but who knows, maybe LL is that guy. If he continues his success this year we're going to find out.

Leipold can't leave Kansas - he just signed a contract extension!

College FB coaches never leave right after signing an extension, do they?

Lawrence is a very nice city. When you're there, it's pretty easy to forget you're in Kansas. But I still think that if NU decides he's the guy, the money and resources would be too hard to turn down.

Have you ever seen his place in Lawrence now? It is disgustingly sick.
Those places are a dime a dozen in Lincoln and Omaha. That doesn't even enter the conversation. You may be able to match a very big offer, but we're talking three to four times what you're currently paying him. Not sure you have the stomach for that.

What you can't offer him is tradition, prestige and a valuable national name brand. Those take decades and decades to build.

big mistake to hire anyone over 40-45. love those guys however not anything more than a bandaid for a football program. too much like driving thru a fast food line.

• Haha
Reactions: moralvictories
ADVERTISEMENT