ADVERTISEMENT

Lamar wins his second MVP...

Finished first with a 67% compl precentage no less.....sure didn't look like that guy when it mattered the most though.
Yea that ranks top 10 for starting QBs with over 100 attempts.. and yea I agree.. but NFL MVP is based on regular season not the playoffs.. Gameplan v KC was a headscratcher but he made some bad choices with the ball and it cost them.. But again regular season award

Yea that ranks top 10 for starting QBs with over 100 attempts.. and yea I agree.. but NFL MVP is based on regular season not the playoffs.. Gameplan v KC was a headscratcher but he made some bad choices with the ball and it cost them.. But again regular season award

To be fair he also did it with one of, if not the, hardest reg season schedule in the league...I just like poking at him and his fans.

His skillset is drive it like you stole it via his legs. That skill set does not get better w/age. It's the opposite of that actually.
Yep. I was not serious. Best NFL qbs make plays with their arms (most of the time). Ridiculous plays at times that defy logic. You let your QB be too much of a runner and he will get hurt. The position is dangerous enough as it is. I think he’s evolved his game some to minimize damage, but he still has to be a better passer.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
His skillset is drive it like you stole it via his legs. That skill set does not get better w/age. It's the opposite of that actually.
I think you're just parroting the popular narrative about Lamar when in fact he's been transitioning to much more of a pocket passer with every year. His running this year was mostly wide open scrambles where he either ran out of bounds or slid at the end. His scrambles are deadly and why DC's can't sleep the week before playing them. I don't know how you can be a fan of Mahomes and not like Lamar's playing style. I'm not a Lamar fan, not really a "fan" of any NFL player, I just like watching players that are fun to watch. Lamar and Mahomes are at the top for me.

I think you're just parroting the popular narrative about Lamar when in fact he's been transitioning to much more of a pocket passer with every year. His running this year was mostly wide open scrambles where he either ran out of bounds or slid at the end. His scrambles are deadly and why DC's can't sleep the week before playing them. I don't know how you can be a fan of Mahomes and not like Lamar's playing style. I'm not a Lamar fan, not really a "fan" of any NFL player, I just like watching players that are fun to watch. Lamar and Mahomes are at the top for me.

The popular narrative is he's amazing and a hall of famer...I literally just watched a sports talk show make that argument...if I was parroting the popular narrative I'd be giving him a pass for all of his post season failures and looking last him quitting on his team last year and not even traveling with them.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The popular narrative is he's amazing and a hall of famer...I literally just watched a sports talk show make that argument...if I was parroting the popular narrative I'd be giving him a pass for all of his post season failures.
You're right, I should have said, "the popular narrative used by his irrational detractors."

You're right, I should have said, "the popular narrative used by his irrational detractors."

If he didn't fake an injury and refuse to travel with his team last year maybe I could look past his other defencies....ya I screwed up that spelling. That's how it goes :)

feels like the Ravens window is about closed. this needed to be their year.

Jackson is quickly approaching the age where Cam Newton fell off a cliff, and now he has to compete with Burrow and possibly Harbaugh's improved Herbert, on top of the other usual suspects.

1st round byes are the exact same as playoff wins

Lamar may just be modern day Marino

The people who claim he’s no good or they wouldn’t want him on their team (unless they’re fans of KC) are quite clueless

1st round byes are the exact same as playoff wins

Lamar may just be modern day Marino

The people who claim he’s no good or they wouldn’t want him on their team (unless they’re fans of KC) are quite clueless

I had never heard that before you said it a few weeks ago and I get it, but I don't agree, because you're counting previous reg season wins double if you do that and with some QB's, Lamar being one, if it's a playoff game.... he is twice as likely to lose it...and his playoff record proves that. He's lucky he had a bye this season, because he could have lost that first round game. But going back to a post of mine in this thread, I just enjoy ribbing his fans. I know he's good, but he also gives his detractors plenty of ammo to fire away when he falls flat.

I had never heard that before you said it a few weeks ago and I get it, but I don't agree, because you're counting previous reg season wins double if you do that and with some QB's, Lamar being one, if it's a playoff game.... he is twice as likely to lose it...and his playoff record proves that. He's lucky he had a bye this season, because he could have lost that first round game. But going back to a post of mine in this thread, I just enjoy ribbing his fans. I know he's good, but he also gives his detractors plenty of ammo to fire away when he falls flat.
He’s not lucky to have earned byes, he leads his team to enough wins to garner them.

And his playoff record almost exclusively contains Round 2 or later games, which by definition are against stiffer competition than wild card round contests

I am not defending his record in those games, but dismissing him getting his team there because of the playoff format he has no control over makes no sense

Reactions: oldjar07
the mvp is not only about stats. it's about winning games one way or another. courage and intelligence. maybe give a mvp for also rans.

The game plan to make him a pocket QB, 🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🙄🤪🤪🤪

He isn’t and if he wants to win trophies and not awards, he will stay a duel threat for the chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT