ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Minnetonka's purifying waters

PogeyKahn

Redshirt Freshman
Apr 28, 2006
Well, Lake Minnetonka might not be frozen over when Nebraska is coming this fall, but is anyone returning? The last trip was ugly, wet, and cold for your side.

The Lake cruises might still be open and the bars of Lake Minnetonka will be open, but the crime is over-reported, so please come back. The scum will slip back into the shadows as real people return to claim our space.

I'd suggest Lord Fletcher's or Maynard's out west. Nearby downtown you cannot go wrong with Manny's. OK lake world is not realistic after the summer.....

JD Hoyt's on Washington Avenue, seen on this video is a fine place for a top shelf dinner or bar environment. It is about 3 miles west of campus near downtown close to to Target Field- Washington Avenue.

If in doubt bring a side arm or a good old fashioned "sapper" that I now carry. (plus a retractable baton, or a real one if you have one.

Sort of kidding, but if in doubt any scum will run from you if confronted by numbers or noted accessories. The local criminal element runs from crowds or direct confrontation, so please return and help us go back to the real world this fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdierberger
No they work for the Minneapolis tourism board, this is what they do now. When your city is run by weak ass liberals you beg for normal people to come. I say you reap what you sow folks.
We were deciding between a weekend in Chicago or Minneapolis. We chose Chicago. Minneapolis is that bad.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
I gotta say after many years of making weekend trips to Chicago my wife and I decided to do a weekend in Minneapolis. We always stay downtown and use public transportation in cities we visit. Like to walk around and enjoy restaurants, bars, etc. Well, I thought downtown Minneapolis was pretty damn scary after dark, and I have never really felt that way in Chicago. It always depends on where you are, but we aren't going back. If I go to Minnesota it'll be in a Lund somewhere around Alexandria.

I gotta say after many years of making weekend trips to Chicago my wife and I decided to do a weekend in Minneapolis. We always stay downtown and use public transportation in cities we visit. Like to walk around and enjoy restaurants, bars, etc. Well, I thought downtown Minneapolis was pretty damn scary after dark, and I have never really felt that way in Chicago. It always depends on where you are, but we aren't going back. If I go to Minnesota it'll be in a Lund somewhere around Alexandria.
Downtown Minneapolis used to be pretty fun. Has really went down hill over the past few years.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I've never liked Minneapolis having grown up near Stillwater in the late 70s and early 80s. All we ever knew of it were drug dealers and prostitutes along Hennepin Ave, robberies etc on the 10 o'clock news.

Our little Catholic school played an 8th grade basketball game in the belly of the beast. Went down a wrong street and our car was pelted with rocks. WTF? Never cared to be over there. I stuck to St Paul, Woodbury and White Bear.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I never felt antsy in Chicago. i echo you feelings on Minneapolis we were there last month and left early. It’s bad

We had a wonderful weekend. Stayed where we belonged and had zero issues
We have friends who live near downtown. The miracle mile is nearly as dangerous. They hear gunshots at their apartment every night. Don't believe the propaganda from the Chicago media. It's a war zone.

BEFORE BLM, we stayed downtown on Michigan Avenue. Even back then we didn't feel very safe walking after dark. We were accosted and threatened by obviously unstable panhandlers/homeless people. One threatened physical violence when we ignored him. Fortunately one of our party was a similarly imposing figure. Now our friends just say, "don't come. It isn't safe anymore". And no we weren't staying with them.

BEFORE BLM, we stayed downtown on Michigan Avenue. Even back then we didn't feel very safe walking after dark. We were accosted and threatened by obviously unstable panhandlers/homeless people. One threatened physical violence when we ignored him. Fortunately one of our party was a similarly imposing figure. Now our friends just say, "don't come. It isn't safe anymore". And no we weren't staying with them.
Chicago Michigan Avenue? Huh. I've never had an issue like that in many trips of staying on Michigan Ave. I think because there's always so many people around. Late at night on a deserted street is no place to be in any big city.

ADVERTISEMENT