ku rumors not dead yet…?

tpmcg

Assistant Head Coach
Mar 25, 2002
if true, great.
at least, its a move.
im still bullish on osu.

KC has to be worth something.
KU football viewership is by far the lowest number out of all the schools in the B12 or the PAC12.
not sure if that matters or not but thought that is what the networks are interested in

KU football viewership is by far the lowest number out of all the schools in the B12 or the PAC12.
not sure if that matters or not but thought that is what the networks are interested in
Last I saw KU is 28th overall in total Athletic Department revenue. I highly doubt it comes from football. KU is one of the few BB programs that can hold at least a flicker of a candle to many football programs. KU has a unique national brand like Duke, UNC, Kentucky or Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. people that have never set foot in Kansas and couldn’t point out Lawrence on a map probably follow KU.

Good grief, there must be 3 TV sets on in every KS and half of Missouri homes when the Jayhawks are on TV. There are other sports besides football.
In Lawrence-East aka Olathe and Overland Park, maybe. The love drops off quick the farther you extend out from there.

Reactions: MIZ...SEC
Oklahoma State would be a good play just on the off chance Oklahoma isn't happy in the SEC, at least the Big 10 would have an Oklahoma connection.

Reactions: jsachisler
Ummm, KU's total revenue is 3rd in the Big 12 behind UT and Ou. As bleak as the football program has been for the last 10 years it's still money making by by a long shot and their 3rd 3rd tier rights in basketball are incredible.

Big ten network doesn’t care if anyone is watching. If they are in the market the get paid for every cable subscriber whether they watch or not.
I think that is something alot of people don't realize. The biggest thing is if the network can expand into the market, people actually watching is secondary.

Ummm, KU's total revenue is 3rd in the Big 12 behind UT and Ou. As bleak as the football program has been for the last 10 years it's still money making by by a long shot and their 3rd 3rd tier rights in basketball are incredible.
KU is reported to have 110 thousand alumni within 50 miles of their stadium. Imagine if they finally get lucky with LL and get to 6 or 7 wins. They will pack the stadium again and they will be a top 20 revenue school. Easily. Their BB program will begin this season in the top 3. So what else is new. Two years ago USA Today rated Allen Fieldhouse as the number one sports venue in the United States. ESPN loves the place. Second and third were Fenway and Wrigley.

Big ten network doesn’t care if anyone is watching. If they are in the market the get paid for every cable subscriber whether they watch or not.
Well I think that old economic model will be changing quite a bit by 2025. Cable for bundled subscription packages is a dying business IMO. It's all headed toward streaming with more ala carte because that's what consumers want. Cable will only provide the actual Internet connection but it won't even have a lock on that business any more with both Elon's satellite system rolling out across the world for smaller towns/rural areas and phone network 5G systems in the big cities.

Reactions: PCastro
Problem is, neither of them moves the needle financially for the conference. Or perhaps they do move the needle, just not in the right direction.
unless okie state, baylor, tcu and houston are the direction to get Nebraska texas recruits

Ok but wouldn't someone need to come with them? I can't see the Big Ten going to an odd number of teams just to pick up Kansas. I would love to see Kansas come to the Big Ten but I just don't see how it happens. I just hope they don't do something dumb like add Iowa St or Okie St.

I posted it in another thread but a KU football insider said on 610 radio in KC today that he is hearing KU to Big Ten is imminent. He said originally he dismissed the rumor as “message board fodder” but is now hearing it from sources he considers reliable. Says there is a lot of smoke coming out of Lawrence. If it’s coming from 610 in KC there could be legs to it.

I posted it in another thread but a KU football insider said on 610 radio in KC today that he is hearing KU to Big Ten is imminent. He said originally he dismissed the rumor as “message board fodder” but is now hearing it from sources he considers reliable. Says there is a lot of smoke coming out of Lawrence. If it’s coming from 610 in KC there could be legs to it.
That's pot smoke. They're very liberal.

That's what I figured. As long as the cable companies have to have BTN, who cares how many are actually watching?

Reactions: dinglefritz
tcu *dallas* and okiestate makes decent money on football, opens a recruiting footprint and takes from 0u and tu. ku is just a geographic link and has bball/aau/*kc* & nice road game/win for NU..
I need not explain *houston* for recruiting and population..these are self evident..

so we add ku, okie state, tcu and houston, right after 0u and tu pay the exit fees they so demanded.
then blow up the big 12, and wish ksu, wv, isu, baylor & tt good luck and contact their best recruits/ transfers...
and have espn give us 7% of the 1 billion contract they get out of, and put that in bitcoin, to fund the recruitment for better looking cheerleaders.
ksu and tt can go play arizona schools and wv fits in the acc more. isu......mwc? baylor.....american?
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
tcu *dallas* and okiestate makes decent money on football, opens a recruiting footprint and takes from 0u and tu. ku is just a geographic link and has bball/aau/*kc* & nice road game/win for NU..
I need not explain *houston* for recruiting and population..these are self evident..

so we add ku, okie state, tcu and houston, right after 0u and tu pay the exit fees they so demanded.
then blow up the big 12, and wish ksu, wv, isu, baylor & tt good luck and contact their best recruits/ transfers...
and have espn give us 7% of the 1 billion contract they get out of, and put that in bitcoin, to fund the recruitment for better looking cheerleaders.
ksu and tt can go play arizona schools and wv fits in the acc more. isu......mwc? baylor.....american?
Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

The Big Ten has stated, I believe publicly, that any future expansion will only included schools that are apart of the AAU. Kansas is the only school you listed that is a member of the AAU. If you want a Texas market, you will need to get Rice

Reactions: redwine65
I'm not opposed to KU joining the Big Ten. Its interesting though as I think they are currently in a mess financially, and could be hit with NCAA sanctions in both football and basketball. Can they afford to give up their rights, or do they delay until 2025 and/or hope the conference just falls apart before that time?

Reactions: huskerfan66

Don't Dallas my Fort Worth... Calling TCU a Dallas team is fighting words down here! LOL!

Would love if they added Kansas. Then go out and add North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Colorado, and Duke.

Last I saw KU is 28th overall in total Athletic Department revenue. I highly doubt it comes from football. KU is one of the few BB programs that can hold at least a flicker of a candle to many football programs. KU has a unique national brand like Duke, UNC, Kentucky or Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. people that have never set foot in Kansas and couldn’t point out Lawrence on a map probably follow KU.
Bingo. This is a basketball play.

Add KU and is there any doubt the B1G is the elite MBB conference in the nation?

B1G needs a TX school!

I really hope they snag a good one or more? I would Love nothing more than to watch the Huskers come to town!!! Especially if it was TCU and it's 20 minutes from my house!

Sadly, I worry that a TX university isn't in the cards... especially if the B1G holds their ground on AAU status... Baylor would probly be pretty close to Nebraska standards on that and would bring more BB with KU but who knows...

Like it or not, a lot of Kansans root for kstate in fb and ku for BB
Yep. This describes my dad. Spent a couple years at UNL. Did some time overseas for Uncle Sam. Came back and finished up at KSU. Today he cheers for NU and KSU football and KU basketball.

the older I get the more I find myself doing the same. NU will always be first for me, but spending time with family and friends who enjoy the two Kansas schools is fun and good for relationships and community.

ADVERTISEMENT