ADVERTISEMENT

ku rumors not dead yet…?

id take ku in the b1g in a NY minute, but dont let it fool you...
'rock chalk jhawk, f*ck ku'

dont get me started on sku.

Big ten network doesn’t care if anyone is watching. If they are in the market the get paid for every cable subscriber whether they watch or not.

I think that is something alot of people don't realize. The biggest thing is if the network can expand into the market, people actually watching is secondary.

The Big 10 Network is already prominent in the KC Metro without them in the conference. KU could be part of a bigger move but they do not move the needle by themselves in terms of gaining a larger market share.

Reactions: MIZ...SEC
The Big 10 Network is already prominent in the KC Metro without them in the conference. KU could be part of a bigger move but they do not move the needle by themselves in terms of gaining a larger market share.
I thought it would be but I checked Cox and Spectrum and BTN did not appear to be on the basic lineup. You have to pay a premium, either the biggest package or a sports package.
I have BTN in Texas but it isn’t part of the basic package like SEC network

I thought it would be but I checked Cox and Spectrum and BTN did not appear to be on the basic lineup. You have to pay a premium, either the biggest package or a sports package.
I have BTN in Texas but it isn’t part of the basic package like SEC network

I would be surprised if many cable providers have channels like BTN on their basic option. Maybe that is different in your state.

I would assume their business model is to get people to upgrade to a higher tier by offering more popular channels. I have it on a higher tier with my cable provider because my wife loves to watch the food channels. Winking

It would be interesting to get a breakdown for subscribers that purchase the basic option and higher channel tiers.

I only watch BTN during the football/volleyball seasons. Most of the time I forget what channel it is on.

Cox in Omaha does not include BTN on their Basic/Starter package. You have to move to the middle tier for it.

Why does everyone keep mentioning ACC schools without noting that it would currently cost roughly half a billion dollars to pull any of them out of the league?

Cause people don't understand that...I thought it was $100m per school but I could be wrong

DELANEY, who is a UNC grad and I believe law school grad, and was a captain on their basketball team made a play for North Carolina and UVA but couldn't get it done...dont see Warren and FOX getting it done if DELANEY couldn't

Don't Dallas my Fort Worth... Calling TCU a Dallas team is fighting words down here! LOL!
I guess I should of said *dallas recruiting*, I always root for whoever is playing dallas :)

IF the B1G wants to show it's an academic conference first, they should invite both Iowa State and KU. Both are AAU members and would fit nicely in the B1G. Geographically and academically they fit. IF it's all about TV eyes then they'll go another direction.

Reactions: Laner2
If what I have read is true, adding any of the remaining B12 schools would DECREASE the per-school revenue share for the current B1G schools.
I just can’t see the current schools voting to give themselves less money so that others can join the league.

If what I have read is true, adding any of the remaining B12 schools would DECREASE the per-school revenue share for the current B1G schools.
I just can’t see the current schools voting to give themselves less money so that others can join the league.
your probably right, probably best just to not add anyone, and see what recruits from the remaining big 12 head our way. just keep a low profile and work on getting better

They canned Turner Gill after only two years. They didn't give him a chance, we shouldn't give them a chance to be in the best conference in the country...
Firing Mark Mangino and hiring Turner Gill was the beginning of ku becoming the worst P5 program in the country.

AD Lew Perkins made that decision and the result has been a comedy of ineptness every since.

they were petulant about mangino, like we were about pelini.
Turner just didnt fit in there.
he did ok at liberty.

Does anyone seriously see the Big Ten having any rush?

Ideally, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame would appear ideal candidates for expansion, but Notre Dame seems happy as an Independent in Football and Big Ten member for hockey only.

Georgia Tech's instate rival is already in the SEC, so a possible invite to B1G would make sense, since expanding West into Mountain and Pacific timezones for all sports would be nuts.

Does the B1G want to be a 16 team conference, anyway?

AAU will be important, so many Big 12 teams fall short. The two AAU members don't garner very good metrics for viewers.

• Haha
Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Does anyone seriously see the Big Ten having any rush?

Ideally, Georgia Tech and Notre Dame would appear ideal candidates for expansion, but Notre Dame seems happy as an Independent in Football and Big Ten member for hockey only.

Georgia Tech's instate rival is already in the SEC, so a possible invite to B1G would make sense, since expanding West into Mountain and Pacific timezones for all sports would be nuts.

Once again, ACC schools and Notre Dame are going nowhere for at least a decade.

I think there are a lot of interested parties quite content to wait and let texas and oklahoma and e$pn/$ec pay their full buyouts before they make their next move.

Reactions: TFrazier
I think there are a lot of interested parties quite content to wait and let texas and oklahoma and e$pn/$ec pay their full buyouts before they make their next move.

Could be. None of the available schools make particularly appealing additions, though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT